Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Got my 1st GOLDEN GUN last night, nothing mental but sweet looking might scare a few rouge wannabes if they see you rocking a gold (superior) weapon. Its the SMG MIDAS nice stats rocking out 79K DPS along with my 90K health at the min should be okay for a decent duel with rouges!!

DZ is mental when you hit lvl 30 in game.

BTW brought a friend in the DZ he was only lvl 10 in game and zero in DZ, left him at the end of the street while I was doing what I do yo! Within an hour he was rank 16 without firing a single bullet lol. Just a little start for him when he is in game lvl high enough to go solo.

Bumped into my first group of Rogues last night.

I took a high vantage point over an extraction zone.
    Hoping people would die and I could rob their loot and they started shooting at me straight away so I knew it was coming.

I retreated up stairs as two followed me, I dropped the turret and took a grenade out but they didn't shoot first.

Some AI started to fire so I took off and stupidly stopped to fight those same enemies on the way and one of the group killed me.

Kept racing back to them but it was ridicules, they would just walk straight up on me and down me in a second while I got loads of shots in fruitlessly.

One issue I noticed with Rouge is it can disappear and if you attack them you turn rogue.

I saw this twice now, two lads holed up in a building suddenly lost the status and one of the times that group killed me they lost it(either it returned from me or they got someone else).

Bumped into my first group of Rogues last night.

I took a high vantage point over an extraction zone.
    Hoping people would die and I could rob their loot and they started shooting at me straight away so I knew it was coming.

I retreated up stairs as two followed me, I dropped the turret and took a grenade out but they didn't shoot first.

Some AI started to fire so I took off and stupidly stopped to fight those same enemies on the way and one of the group killed me.

Kept racing back to them but it was ridicules, they would just walk straight up on me and down me in a second while I got loads of shots in fruitlessly.

One issue I noticed with Rouge is it can disappear and if you attack them you turn rogue.

I saw this twice now, two lads holed up in a building suddenly lost the status and one of the times that group killed me they lost it(either it returned from me or they got someone else).

Theres a timer on it, think the 1st time you turn it's 15 seconds and increases per kill. You can't get it from killing a rouge but if the timer runs out before you catch up to them you'll turn.

I've accidentally done it a few times now , with guys running through the cross fire or getting caught in sticky bombs and then you get all guns pointed at you even if you do manage yo throw out a med pack or put your hands up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Servers seem to be very laggy today and the lexington center mission is bugged. Great. Not going into the DZ with this lag so I guess I'm going to work my way towards 30. 5 levels to go :p

EDIT: Matchmaking seems bugged though running up to it solo seems to work. (Lexington)

Theres a timer on it, think the 1st time you turn it's 15 seconds and increases per kill. You can't get it from killing a rouge but if the timer runs out before you catch up to them you'll turn.

I've accidentally done it a few times now , with guys running through the cross fire or getting caught in sticky bombs and then you get all guns pointed at you even if you do manage yo throw out a med pack or put your hands up.

Maybe they hadn't done it long. It was just pointless taking them on and they weren't massive levels either.

Bit annoying if you meet a group of 4 like that. You wont be able to get them back alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

LOADS of bellends on today running around like possessed greyhounds just killing every agent.....no interest in anything else just 4 clowns ranked 30 killing solo guys.

Really hard to do that just had to keep switching servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

To make the most of the Dark Zone you really need teammates to back you up. Saying that, I'd a good session this morning with random agents in the DZ and no hassle whatsoever, actually they were helping myself and others when in a spot of bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

plenty of troll groups doing the rounds in the DZ - they stand deliberately in your line of fire, run in front of you when you're firing and generally be c*nts

Oh and the ever so stupid ones dont think area-voip applies to them, i lol'd a bit but really..

"guys dont shoot her, just run in front when she fires, then we can kill her and take the gear"

so when i laughed my obvious smoker manlaugh at that, they got spooked and literally just went nuts on voice, then bodychecked me for a few minutes before going off to troll someone else.

Arseholish behavior like that needs fixin', but 4v1 is never gonna be fair
    Still, i hit level 30 in the DZ solo so there's that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I haven't been killed by Rogues yet. I've seen a fair few, and helped kill some but I actually like seeing them on map. Not because of their wonderful people skills or sense of fair play but they add to the threat level. Yesterday I was on an instance with primarily other solos (generally being very helpful to each other) and a group of 4 came on just trying to murder everyone. I was up around DZ05 or so and they were between me and an extraction point that I actually had a chance of clearing. I had to keep flipping to/from the map to watch their movements, hell I spent about 2 mins in a safehouse just watching their progress trying to get their pattern. Then off at a mad run I went in between them and some Elite mobs. Very tense, but that's what the DZ is for so also satisfying (at least that's easy to say since I lived, It'd be a different story if they had caught me).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Earlier today a guy in my group (there was only two of us), got 3 purples in a row, I got nothing but blues and greens. Not one purple drop for me yet.

I am finding the gear in DZ03 mediocre at best, and DZ04 is a little too hard. Most of the groups I am with treat the DZ like non DZ, I spend more time reviving people than progressing. Had to leave a couple of groups today they were so bad.

I just witnessed a rat and a crow have a fight, and the poo from the dogs alternates. Sometimes it's normal, sometimes the dog has the shíts. The detail is awesome.

That is kinda odd. I'd say about 1 in 3 are purple for me, lvl-30 mostly DZ01-03, occasionally heading up higher for available Bosses (which always drop a purple for me). Again that's with just 15% scavenging which I presume is the base perk since I don't have any buffs for it.

• Advertisement

It seems rogue groups are going to be the norms now looking at my last few sessions.

Its just completely pointless being a level 17 odd and coming up against L30+ groups who don't even have to use cover to kill you.

That's the issue for me, there's no skill in them killing you, as you cant really damage them and they can just waltz up and one shot you.

And I thought the game would at least stop you levelling down but it seems you can drop back levels.
    I don't mind losing the cash, or levels to AI but its a bit crap how this DZ is starting to play out.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It seems rogue groups are going to be the norms now looking at my last few sessions.

Its just completely pointless being a level 17 odd and coming up against L30+ groups who don't even have to use cover to kill you.

That's the issue for me, there's no skill in them killing you, as you cant really damage them and they can just waltz up and one shot you.

There's no way you should be seeing level 30 players if you're level 17?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's no way you should be seeing level 30 players if you're level 17?

They were level 30 alright and hanging around D01.

The most annoying thing is how hard it is to see the level.
    They'll have a 17 above their heads and then you see 17/30 DZ once they've killed you.

If they're not supposed to be there maybe its matches by the normal game rank and they always have less than 20 above their heads.

That's their DZ rank. They are the same level as you but just have a higher rank in the DZ (and thus access to slightly better weapons).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

waaay better weapons and armour in most cases, and i know a guy thats playing a 29 twink-like character in there because it's apparently so easy with all that gear

Servers down ?

Never mind restart fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Up to level 18, 12h played and 44% complete. Just unlocked the Tech wing upgrade that reveals all Intel on the map...might work at collecting all of that tomorrow.

waaay better weapons and armour in most cases, and i know a guy thats playing a 29 twink-like character in there because it's apparently so easy with all that gear

They would have purple gear available.

I think its level 10 normal and 30 in DZ to unlock the checkpoint purple gear, so that surpasses all the blue gear people of my level have(17-18 in both).

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Going to do a run of the dz. Ps4, psn - zathurais, lvl 30. Give me a shout if anyone's around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

They need to rework the PVP just a touch I think. I don't want rogues to have that damn skull. I want there to be an air of distrust in the place but as it is if someone goes rogue they get hunted down by half of the map. Takes the fun out of the place and removes all the tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Servers were very poor last night. Our team of 4 had numerous disconnections mid mission with the error "MIKE, Division servers are unreachable"

They seemed to have quite a few problems yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

So ... hit lv30 now - using the Pakhan, Liberator and a high end sawn off shotgun as my sudearm. Crafted my first high end back pack last night too - all of which cost a lot of Phoenix credits.

General advice on a few things.

Phoenix credits
    Do the dailies. Every day. At lv30 the daily missions won't be too tough and they drop 20/30 (forget which) Phoenix credits per run. You can only get that once per day.

But you can grind the challenge missions - even the ones that aren't the challenge mission of the day. You'll get 50 coins for the daily challenge, but 30 for each run of any challenge mode after that. And you'll get the drops too - always a high end bit (usually armour).

Always Pakhan, always...
    It's an LMG that handles like an AR. It's designed to do extra damage to armour and elites. It'll melt yellow bars if your firearms is high enough. It's been my standard go to gun since I first got it. But it from the advanced weapons vendor. It's expensive, but worth it.

Dark Zone Shenanigans
    Watch your fire. Really. The whole combat roll in front of another player is a 'thing' to send a team rogue so they can be killed - there is no advantage to players who want to kill players initiating rogue status, so this is how they try to send you rogue so they can legitimately kill you. So bursts of fire when around other players, check your targets and be careful with grenades.

However - stun grenade hits on other players won't send you rogue, but sometimes will cause the other players to fire on you so they'll go rogue and you can murder them. Do this instead. Or else roll right back at those sods and try their antics against them.

Named Yellow Bars/DZ chests
    I've only had two high end item drop for me from play (rather than end of mission loot) and they dropped from a yellow bar boss and DZ chest ... so spend your DZ time looking for bosses abd looting them. Learn where the boss packs and chests spawn - it's worth the challenge to kill those tough bosses, plus - it's fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played a good bit yesterday up till round 8 and didn't have many problems - maybe booted twice. Was this in the Darkzone? Will this be like Destiny where they have to take the servers offline every month for maintenance?My addiction attributes are kicking in and I'd like to know before I'm totally dependant.

Always Pakhan, always...
    It's an LMG that handles like an AR. It's designed to do extra damage to armour and elites. It'll melt yellow bars if your firearms is high enough. It's been my standard go to gun since I first got it. But it from the advanced weapons vendor. It's expensive, but worth it.

Issue here is that the vendor reset last night after 4 days so I am HOPING the gun is still there to buy as I am only 27000 credits short of the 484000ish needed to buy it.

I think I may have missed the boat though :(.

Anyone that is able to log on and check, can you report back as to what guns are there now since the reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

logik wrote: »
    Issue here is that the vendor reset last night after 4 days so I am HOPING the gun is still there to buy as I am only 27000 credits short of the 484000ish needed to buy it.

I think I may have missed the boat though :(.

Anyone that is able to log on and check, can you report back as to what guns are there now since the reset?

Just checked and its still there.

Just checked and its still there.

Well that is fantastic! Will get it tonight so, cheers for checking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If you're getting to the end game I'd strongly recommend Force Gaming and his guides on how and what to farm (he got over 90h in the game so far).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Has anyone noticed the advanced weapons vendor in the security wing hasn't refreshed his stock in nearly a week. It says he refreshes stock every 24hrs but that doesn't happen.

Advertisement