Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What is the best way to level up quickly. Im at 19, should i stick to the main missions or should i be doing all the side missions and encounters as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

do the encounters anyway, they give base of operations supplies for each wing and you'll need all of them at 100% to unlock the master skill bonuses for each tree.

I'd literally do everything personally, sidemissions, encounters, then missions, some of the sidemissions are simple and give crafting patterns that you might wanna use too, plus really decent xp

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What is the best way to level up quickly. Im at 19, should i stick to the main missions or should i be doing all the side missions and encounters as well.

Side missions give the highest exp over all and are generally quick and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

DeSelby83 wrote: »

I had been looking into this too. There is no best way. Keep doing all missions, encounters, side missions. It's the only way.
    Do your missions on hard for a bit more kill xp.
    After that, it's just to grind on through em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Might pick this up later. Looks decent but still unsure of what type of game it is if anyone could fill me in?
    Upgrading and collecting isn't really my thing but I can look past it if the rest of the game holds up. Hate RPGs.

Are the missions similar to GTA heists or a sort of horde/wave mode?
    Forgive my ignorance, got hooked on the trailer but never actually followed up on my original interest. Never got around to the beta after downloading it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

3rd person arpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Upgrading and collecting isn't really my thing but I can look past it if the rest of the game holds up. Hate RPGs.

The game heavily revolves around upgrading gear and stats and collecting the materials to do so. Building a character with specific skills and attributes based on said gear is also a key component of the game

I don't think you'd enjoy it a whole lot based on what you say above tbh.

The game heavily revolves around upgrading gear and stats and collecting the materials to do so. Building a character with specific skills and attributes based on said gear is also a key component of the game

I don't think you'd enjoy it a whole lot based on what you say above tbh.

Too late, already got it :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hah was just about to say it's probably not for you after reading your OP, honestly though the core gameplay is so good in co-op it might win you over regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The gernade spam is incredibly boring. I really hope they change the AI on that. Bring in different tactics, because gernade spam is just lazy imo.

Also, the groups in the DZ at level 30, just awful. If you are not in a premade group, then you can forget it most times. Before hitting level 30, it was fine, but now, everybody I meet at the extraction points turn rogue.

Not enjoying the DZ at the moment, I hope it's only temporary as I really want to enjoy this game.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think the DZ needs some tweaking. The PvP element of it is kind of pointless right now.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hah was just about to say it's probably not for you after reading your OP, honestly though the core gameplay is so good in co-op it might win you over regardless.

Played a bit earlier and I've enjoyed it so far. Flew through a couple of missions, satisfying shooting mechanics but my god the enemies take some hammering before going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

awec wrote: »
    I think the DZ needs some tweaking. The PvP element of it is kind of pointless right now.

The only PvP I've seen so far is lads trying to run in front of the gunfire of others so that 'opponents' go rogue.

There's no incentive to take on other teams, or even to defend yourself if you get shot at.

They could leave the DZ as it is and just introduce a few match-made PvP modes which are seperate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Had great fun in the DZ today. Long story short

I had good loot for my level.

Random guy died

I took his loot.

He then kills me but then runs off without picking up my (his) loot as my friend is chasing him away.

5 mins later we get to the extraction zone with all the loot and guess what........He is there.

He shoots me but I kill him with 3 shots of my crappy sniper.

I extract the loot, Happy Days.

Its really fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Your a lovely storyteller Rossi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Have to go to bloody Italy for the next few days, I'm at level 25 and I reckon I could be 30 only for this trip went be able to get back at it until Thursday

Ventured into the dark zone a few days ago when I was lv23, do think you need a few buddies in there. Got killed 3/4 times by rogues easily. They came out of nowhere when I was at extraction and practically one shotted me. Didn't have any loot really so it didn't bother me but I think it can be fun.

Toxicstarknova on xbox if ye want to add me. I'm normally on late after the wife and kids go to bed :(

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Got a high end strike vist from the daily challenging mission. This is probably the easiest one to do as you can't get attacked from behind in the entire mission and once you get passed the initial section it's got plenty of sniping positions.

I even got it done with randoms in 30 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Can we just run the same mission on challenge countless times and get the Phoenix credits and gold gear.

Just hit level 20.

Hopefully will get to 24/25 tomorrow

Can we just run the same mission on challenge countless times and get the Phoenix credits and gold gear.

Yea, buy you get fewer pheonix credits after the first attempt I think (30 instead of 50).

• Advertisement

Played a bit earlier and I've enjoyed it so far. Flew through a couple of missions, satisfying shooting mechanics but my god the enemies take some hammering before going down.

Wait until you get further and it'll seem even worse. There is absolutely no variation on the mechanics to make it more difficult, they just bump up their armour and health so they turn into real bullet sponges and they throw some more grenades.

I find this a bit disappointing really. There's no real variation in the bosses in the dark zone either. There's no real intelligence to how they attack you.

Do these daily challenges only unlock at lvl 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Do these daily challenges only unlock at lvl 30?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Put a good bit of time in to it this weekend and I finally hit level 30 just now. I am in the Murray Hill district with a good few side missions and Encounters left to do there. I have done every side mission and encounter in all previous districts. Fantastic game, really enjoying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Started playing this on Sat, haven't had too much time with it but really enjoying it so far I have to say! Got up to level 8 I think

Finding it pretty buggy though (falling through maps/freezing/unable to access areas/hit detection) which is a bit of a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

tony1980 wrote: »
    Put a good bit of time in to it this weekend and I finally hit level 30 just now. I am in the Murray Hill district with a good few side missions and Encounters left to do there. I have done every side mission and encounter in all previous districts. Fantastic game, really enjoying it!

I'm the very same. Hit level 30 last night with 2 districts left to explore. All my gear is way out of date though, I need to get some nice level 30 stuff now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

So I've hit level 30, and everything is now yellow other than my vest (purple).

I re-rolled some perks on armour and managed to get my scavenging up to 140% plus a perk that gives a 25% boost to rolled stats on any found or crafted item.

Since then I've been getting consistent yellow drops - not every drop, but every other DZ extraction I'll have a drop. Not just mods and attachments - Midas (high end SMG) dropped for me twice yesterday, as well as Caduceus a few times from the Autumn Hope bullet sponge.

One of the special vendor schematics is worth getting if you're an LMG lover - the M249 Para. I rolled better base stats than the Pakhan, but with a cool perk that gives a 27% chance of refilling the mag on killing an enemy. I've a modded mag (100% capacity increase and increased rate of fire) so it's a complete bullet hose. Well worth getting if you want a good LMG (145 Phoenix credits iirc). You'll need to spec barrel and grip for stability boosting though ... it does kick some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

When you go rogue in the DZ, does your rogueness end once you bite the dust? If you leave the DZ when rogue (can you?) and return, are you still rogue?

Accidentally went rogue last night and couldn't be bothered fighting, so I did the surrender sign and two lads seemed to think that was grand, went off and did a couple of jobs with them then.

This game is legend, gonna get the season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got this last week. Two hours in I bought the season pass. Not levelling up very fast. Think I'm around 17 and 15 in the Dark Zone. Presumably the DZ becomes a more distressing place once I rank up and have loot worth robbing?

• Advertisement

When you go rogue in the DZ, does your rogueness end once you bite the dust? If you leave the DZ when rogue (can you?) and return, are you still rogue?

Accidentally went rogue last night and couldn't be bothered fighting, so I did the surrender sign and two lads seemed to think that was grand, went off and did a couple of jobs with them then.

This game is legend, gonna get the season pass.

You can't leave the DZ if you are rogue.

Your rogue status ends when the timer expires or you get killed. The timer pauses every time someone shoots you. The timer increases every time you shoot someone.

Advertisement