Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got this last week. Two hours in I bought the season pass. Not levelling up very fast. Think I'm around 17 and 15 in the Dark Zone. Presumably the DZ becomes a more distressing place once I rank up and have loot worth robbing?

Not really tbh. There is no advantage to going rogue, 95% of players just get gear and extract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

There's a lot of kiting in the DZ though.

We were in there yesterday and had a group follow us around for 10 minutes. They kept hitting us with a weak pistol to try get us to go rogue on them. Hitting us also stopped us leaving the DZ (you're treated as being in combat). You can shoot someone once without going rogue provided you don't do much damage.

So they wouldn't let us leave (pop pop every time we tried to get out at the door) and wouldn't turn rogue on us. They kept running through our fire as we attacked NPCs so we couldn't even do what we went in to do without it being stressful ... eventually we went rogue and of course they won (they were clearly spec'd for massive DPS as we all went down in seconds to SMG fire).

They really need to fix the kiting - yes it does make things edgy, but it's all annoying when you meet bawbags like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What is the best way to level up quickly. Im at 19, should i stick to the main missions or should i be doing all the side missions and encounters as well.
    Noxin wrote: »
    I had been looking into this too. There is no best way. Keep doing all missions, encounters, side missions. It's the only way.
    Do your missions on hard for a bit more kill xp.
    After that, it's just to grind on through em.

I would suggest avoiding doing the missions on hard. Completion xp is the same, and the xp per kill is only an extra 5xp. So, for the time it takes to complete a HM mission, it's not really the optimum way of leveling up. Just stick to normal mode for the missions, you'll clear them out much quicker, which will allow you to get through all the sides and encounters quicker, which will allow to get to next zone quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

ECO_Mental wrote: »

Ventured into the dark zone a few days ago when I was lv23, do think you need a few buddies in there. Got killed 3/4 times by rogues easily. They came out of nowhere when I was at extraction and practically one shotted me. Didn't have any loot really so it didn't bother me but I think it can be fun.

It's better with a group, safety in numbers (humans less likely to pick on you) and someone to pick you up if you go down, but it's doable on your own.
    I spent a few hours in there on my own yesterday without getting killed (lvl 30), but I wasn't getting as much loot as when I playing with friends on Friday, mainly as I was sticking to lower level enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got this last week. Two hours in I bought the season pass. Not levelling up very fast. Think I'm around 17 and 15 in the Dark Zone. Presumably the DZ becomes a more distressing place once I rank up and have loot worth robbing?

Dark Zone generally isn't working as intended at the moment due to the punishment for going rogue being so severe. Watching footage on youtube yesterday of someone over DZ rank 50 gettimg killed as a rogue, and they lost in the region of 135,000 experience.

Hopefully they patch it so the DZ doesn't just function as a PvE farming spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Would agree that the DZ is not working as intended. They need to bring a number of changes to it. Once you hit level 30 and are rocking all yellow gear, the DZ becomes pointless. There really is NO reason to venture into the place.

They need to introduce a mission line within the DZ like a proper MMO where you need to team up with players to take out targets and continue on the story and background to the virus outbreak. The beauty of the DZ missions would be that other players could essentially either help or hinder your progress in the mission as the area is a PvP zone. This would create a very tense atmosphere as you rush to finish a mission. At the end of each story line the reward would be substantial. Also each item required for a mission based objective would need to be extracted from the DZ. This would create serious battles at extraction zones as players try to extract mission items while other players try and steal them for themselves.

Also if you become a rogue and survive, the rewards should be alot higher. And if you manage to survive a manhunt then you need to be rewarded with a serious reward. Maybe if you survive 5 manhunts you get a yellow item or 50 phoenix credits. If you survive a single manhunt you get 10 credits etc. This way it would make going rogue actually worthwhile.

Also going rogue would be tiered. So if you go rogue SOLO and survive you get more rewards as it is harder to survive solo. The rewards or credits would drop, the more players that are in your party. So you get double the reward for a 2 man team Vs a 4 man team etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The kiting is a serious pain in the arse, its grand for a min or two but we (group of 4) were getting it for about 20 mins from just one guy. Its a pain in the arse to leave the DZ and back in just for some douche bag. He must have been a tanked health player trying to get 4 of us rouge but in the end he ran across our fire and we went red. He killed 3 of us but I also have my health tanked (115K & 98K DPS) so I got him the mongo.

But had the best night in the DZ last night in DZ6, got lovely gear and I swear it took us about 40 mins to extract it because of the swarms of 32 elites....really was brilliant.

• Not to be a buzzkill but wanted to post my opinion on this:

Loned this from a m8 of mine, played about 9 hours
    (coop and single player to note) and gave it back. Wanted to at least state I gave it a good go. It's just all meh.
    No drive to bring me back to it nor pick up a copy.
    It's just so bland, no substance or anything to do bar checklist / repetitive missions.
    I can give it props for the detail in the map itself but running from point A to B with nothing to do bar shoot people, collect a radio comm, hand some water to a NPC gets so boring after a while.

The story is pants aswell, predictable stereotypes, I just found myself beating the controller to skip it.

What annoys me it look at the below video? Where is all the rockets ect, why do they call out areas where you can't actually access? Classic Ubisoft. this sort of ****e has to stop.

Won't matter to them as the reviews came out well after the fact. The potential impact it could of had was negated. Pre-release hype generated got it the sales without any interference. It's both the E3 crap and the no-post launch reviews that seriously annoys me and is a ****ty trend in the game industry that is happening more frequently.

Some reviews here;

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/17/the-division-review

http://www.destructoid.com/review-in-progress-tom-clancy-s-the-division-346022.phtml

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/15/11224502/the-division-review-ps4-xbox-one-pc

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/tom-clancys-the-division-review/1900-6416380/

Even if you are not all yellow gear the DZ is kind of pointless. Chances are almost everything you are extracting is significantly worse than what you already have. A backpack full of useless mods.

Yea you can sell the stuff for some cash but it's annoying given your stash can only hold 30 items before you have to leave the DZ and head to safe house to clear it out again. That means you can do a max of 4 extractions per-visit to the DZ.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I would suggest avoiding doing the missions on hard. Completion xp is the same, and the xp per kill is only an extra 5xp. So, for the time it takes to complete a HM mission, it's not really the optimum way of leveling up. Just stick to normal mode for the missions, you'll clear them out much quicker, which will allow you to get through all the sides and encounters quicker, which will allow to get to next zone quicker.

Only just heard the same last night - not much point doing missions on hard from a levelling point of view. Nice one.

Up to lvl 16 now and got my first purple item. Have a purple bag to craft for lvl 17 too. :)

Does anyone know if you can free look while walking/running? As in look around without changing direction.
    And is it possible to inspect other player's gear while in a safehouse? Like you can with Destiny. I know you can press Tab to select them but I think that's just for inviting them to a group? Can't remember.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I do story missions on normal if i'm soloing it, but will bump it up to hard when grouping. It's more fun on hard with a team.

I've not really been playing it much though. It got a bit repetitive for me, and there really isn't a huge amount of variation in the missions to keep me interested. I'll more than likely finish the story missions, and maybe do a bit more after that, but i can't see myself logging in to do daily/weekly missions for this, especially with how the enemies in later levels are (bullet sponges for everyone!).

Complete waste of time doing missions on hard until you are level 30.

And even when you are 30 the only benefit is for an achievement. I can guarantee that achievement was added just to give players something to do at end game. A quick, easy and cheap way to make people want to do the missions again.

Kiith wrote: »
    I do story missions on normal if i'm soloing it, but will bump it up to hard when grouping. It's more fun on hard with a team.

I've not really been playing it much though. It got a bit repetitive for me, and there really isn't a huge amount of variation in the missions to keep me interested. I'll more than likely finish the story missions, and maybe do a bit more after that, but i can't see myself logging in to do daily/weekly missions for this, especially with how the enemies in later levels are (bullet sponges for everyone!).

I like the game but the lack of variation is boring. Everything is the same.

Go here. Kill some guys. Kill a boss guy at the end. Rinse and repeat.

The side missions and encounters are all the same too, just in different locations. It is very repetitive.

The enemy AI is also really dumb. Bullet sponges that just throw loads of grenades.

The game doesn't really get difficult, it just takes longer to kill things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

awec wrote: »

The side missions and encounters are all the same too, just in different locations. It is very repetitive.

The enemy AI is also really dumb. Bullet sponges that just throw loads of grenades.

Every game ever made is repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying this game - I really did not expect to be enjoying it so much. I do not feel that it has a longterm endgame at the moment. I can see myself becoming bored of the daily missions etc. soon enough.

I would also guess that the incursions will have a limited replay value. I do not see myself farming gear for a pro-longed period - the farming is not as much fun as Borderlands or Destiny. Some endgame random events need to be added to the PVE map imo - random named yellow bar spawns or two of them together with the lieutenants and bosses going at each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

The end game is a bit grindy alright. Farming the DZ for Phoenix credits and experience to hit rank 50 (so you can buy weapons blueprints from DZ06 safe house).

But even at 30 with some seriously high end gear, DZ06 is still a challenge - I'm still finding looting the mall area to be fun and difficult. It's mostly about the team mechanics for me now - getting tight as a squad.

Destiny was similarly grindy and empty before the raid ... and for a long time after.

The DZ mechanics need to be tweaked to allow proper PvP engagements - then it would be a whole lot of fun.

I'm putting a lot of hope in the Incursions to keep things interesting for me. Let's see how that holds up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I agree with lots of peoples thoughts here on the end game stuff but i think that it will improve. If they can improve things as much as destiny improved then we are in for a treat. I guess Massive are learning as they go on this so I think its fair to give them time to make end game and DZ changes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Have to say Im loving it, Im Dark Zone level 27 and normal level 20. I already feel like Ive spent far too much time playing it. When I see people on here and especially on Reddit complaining how they reach the end game and theres nothing to do(some last week) I would love to know where they get the time! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

joe123 wrote: »
    Have to say Im loving it, Im Dark Zone level 27 and normal level 20. I already feel like Ive spent far too much time playing it. When I see people on here and especially on Reddit complaining how they reach the end game and theres nothing to do(some last week) I would love to know where they get the time! :(

Same here, I think it's brilliant so far. Loving the look and sound of the weapons (like I'm in that shoot out from Heat! :pac:) and also the city itself, it has a great atmosphere to it imo.
    Probably also helps I don't have as much time to play as others so any end game issues will hopefully be fixed by the time I get there. I'm guessing they'll introduce more standard pvp type scenarios in time rather than just the rogue element. Early days yet to be fair to them. Well worth the 40 quid anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Some reviews here;

IGN
    a bland slurry that never quite comes together into a cohesive dish.

Jaysus that's a bit harsh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Jaysus that's a bit harsh!

It's also really poor criticism because even if you find the game wanting in some respects, it's actually very cohesive. There isn't a single element in the game that seems out of place.

The Unknown Signal echo video is quite frightening as this scenario has a high chance of happening.

I'd do find listening to the phone call, incidents reports etc intriguing. Bit of a pain to collect them alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

So finally dinged 30 after farming the DZ at lvl 29 for lvl 30 DZ rank. DZ01 is still fairly easy solo with 73k dps and only 42k hp.

Guess next run I'll try dz02 :)

Tried the daily and our random team got annihilated about mid way. Not enough space to move around with heavies and rushers spilling through. Still enjoyed it though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Leveled up quite a bit at the weekend and only for the missus nagging I'd have probably got to level 30. I think I'm 26 now and I've got a 3/4 story missions to do so I should be able to get to 30 easily enough over the next two or three nights.

I've stopped going into the DZ now because it's not worth the hassle of trying to extract stuff that is going to be obsolete when I get to 30 in a few days.

Jayop wrote: »
    Leveled up quite a bit at the weekend and only for the missus nagging I'd have probably got to level 30. I think I'm 26 now and I've got a 3/4 story missions to do so I should be able to get to 30 easily enough over the next two or three nights.

I've stopped going into the DZ now because it's not worth the hassle of trying to extract stuff that is going to be obsolete when I get to 30 in a few days.

Collect, extract, sell. You'll be needing the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'll probably keep going in to the DZ just to get the level up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Collect, extract, sell. You'll be needing the credit.

It's only avoiding it from Friday to probably this Tuesday or Wednesday till I get myself to level 30. Once I do that I'll absolutely hammer the DZ for a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Run the Consulate on Challenging... you will weep for a week... I know I did anyway. At two stages in that mission 5 shotgun rushers come pouring out at you and... well you get the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

http://www.irishexaminer.com/technow/games/players-have-maxed-out-the-division-already-388674.html

Some aussie has hit level 30 and level 99 in the DZ already. eek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭johnmolly92

awec wrote: »

Seems to be the way games are going these days. Destiny in particular sprung to mind when I read that

Advertisement