Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

I love using the turret to suppress some enemies behind cover and then rushing like a lunatic and smashing everyone with shot guns. I love shot guns in this game. It's like the ai doesn't expect you to get close to them so when you rush they don't know what to do. Dps health and recovery build means even if you mis judge it they can rarely put you down before you escape.
    Class game altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yay, servers back up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

eggy81 wrote: »
    I love using the turret to suppress some enemies behind cover and then rushing like a lunatic and smashing everyone with shot guns. I love shot guns in this game. It's like the ai doesn't expect you to get close to them so when you rush they don't know what to do. Dps health and recovery build means even if you mis judge it they can rarely put you down before you escape.
    Class game altogether.
    Must actually try running with a shotty as main/ secondary see how it goes.
    Was running around one of the lower zones just using the sawn off. That thing is insane, sounds great too :)

Which would be a better gun in peoples opinions, Aug or Vector?

Aug feels a bit more stable when taking on more than one enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

yay, servers back up :)

Patch size?

logik wrote: »
    Patch size?

1.5gig on steam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

logik wrote: »
    Patch size?

3.1gb on PS4 just switched on there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

3.1gb on PS4 just switched on there

Feck, was coming on now but it will probably be tonight now.

Has the patch messed up the mission radio transmissions ??? They all seem to get played now after the mission and not during it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Has the patch messed up the mission radio transmissions ??? They all seem to get played now after the mission and not during it.

I had something similar happen the other night. Finished a side quest or encounter, and for 5 mins after, all I heard was enemy approaching.

Word is the Bullet King is alive and well, I can't confirm that as he was dead in my game anyway but I was able to farm Fumes when I tested it there.

Another server shutdown in 10 minutes so that could change.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Server shutting down in 11 mins approx, PC version so not sure that effects consoles?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Server shutting down in 11 mins approx, PC version so not sure that effects consoles?

Same, some changes in the patch haven't been applied correctly. I noticed the mentioned fast travel to the DZ checkpoints wasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

2gb patch that didn't patch anything. In fact it appears to have broken one of my missions and I fell through the floor twice. Only Ubisoft could be so impressive.

maybe i'll be able to redo my dailys again :D ffs ubi get it right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Finally finished off Bullet King last night & gave him a good seeing off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

When you are killed with 1 second left on your rogue status countdown.

rPib9PU.jpg?1

When you track down the guy that killed you and stole your loot.

platoon-560.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Got is at lunch. 2.7GB on XO.

Servers back up apparently. Fingers crossed no more restarts needed. :)

Noticed this morning after 2 deaths via NPC in the DZ I lost no XP or credits, this is likely what they are trying to fix at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Working as intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

just been watching a youtube video on attaching mods to the gear. Seems simple enough, but I don't have the option to do it for, say, knee pads like the video i just watched. Is there something I'm missing? I have a mod on my backpack, but the option to mod is greyed out on any other gear I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

just been watching a youtube video on attaching mods to the gear. Seems simple enough, but I don't have the option to do it for, say, knee pads like the video i just watched. Is there something I'm missing? I have a mod on my backpack, but the option to mod is greyed out on any other gear I have.

Only some have mod slots. You could try go to the recalibration station in the base to try roll a mod slot by replacing one other stat. Gloves can't have mod slots.

The gear needs to have an open mod slot to apply mods. Can't be done willynilly on any piece you want.

Thanks Misky.

The gear needs to have an open mod slot to apply mods. Can't be done willynilly on any piece you want.

Yeah, figured as much but the vid I just watched had your man apply mods to knee pads. Kind of threw me a bit cos I was sure I never had the option of modding my own pads. Still ignorant to a lot of stuff in the game, just happy shooting the crap out of everything for the minute! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Really nice patch, addresses some of the immediate DZ issues that were present on release.

The softer XP penalty for dieing, and the increased rewards for both going rogues and hunting rogues, will hopefully raise the frequency by which people go rogue. Cause in my playtime, it's definitely being underwhelming in terms of the frequency it happens, although the highlight of my session when it does.

The tweaks to challenge mode rewards, and also increase in level 32 rewards is also welcome. Was a bit ridiculous that it was more efficent to farm level 31 mobs then 32.

But again, its good to see those early flagged issues being addressed promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Did my first daily mission with randoms. Went all right, but I only got 18 phoenix monies. At that rate it will be approximately forever before I can buy anything with them...

Doing three dailies, along with regular DZ sweeps will give you plenty of credit.s I find myself comfortably purchasing patterns at a rate that requires me to farm phoenix, but I'm never swomped in it, nor sweating for it.

At this point I'm just doing dailies and DZ sweeps to really hone in my gear, and pickup some various gear types for sets. When it comes to the incursions I want to be flexible to play diffrenent roles if possible.

There was a certain element of just going with the flow and see where my drops took me, but focusing a lot more now on specific things. And obviously as the game is progressing, there are lists and gear lists being shared on reddit etc that make this a little easier to target.

Had great intentions of playing a tank, but whatever way my gear went, I seem to be just run of the mill DPS. I think the class roles will only become relevant when the instanced PvE stuff arrives, at the moment, even in challenge mode, we just burst through it as three hybrid specs with little trouble

Yeah, figured as much but the vid I just watched had your man apply mods to knee pads. Kind of threw me a bit cos I was sure I never had the option of modding my own pads. Still ignorant to a lot of stuff in the game, just happy shooting the crap out of everything for the minute! :pac:

Yeah, there's only one other game I can think of which is about as good at relaying info, and it's in my sig.

• Advertisement

Yeah, there's only one other game I can think of which is about as good at relaying info, and it's in my sig.

Tried that one man, hated it, sorry! :P :)

Advertisement