Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

All of my gear is blue or purple and all level 25 or above and apart from my firearms I've only two pieces of gear with mod slots. Maybe you have to get all purple and above for the mods to come into play.

FYI one of the rewards on club ubi is for phoenix credits.

Phoenix Credit Pack XONE
    Adds a pack of 30 Phoenix Credits to the Rewards Claim Vendor, use these to purchase high level equipment.

Costs 40 uni points.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Jayop wrote: »
    All of my gear is blue or purple and all level 25 or above and apart from my firearms I've only two pieces of gear with mod slots. Maybe you have to get all purple and above for the mods to come into play.

Gear and mods don't really matter until you get to 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Tried that one man, hated it, sorry! :P :)

Nothing to apologise for. Different strokes for different folks.

awec wrote: »
    Gear and mods don't really matter until you get to 30.

Aye all I really worry about is getting the max health and the max firepower at the minute. I got a sweet ass SMG on Sunday that's ripping pretty much everything at my level to shreds and is only taking 3/4 shots to kill AI a few levels below me.

• Advertisement

As an aside, has anyone else put the flame thrower on the turret? I found it rubbish and went back to the standard turret pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I haven't even tried the turret. Too busy using delicious sticky bombs to ruin everyone's day.

I haven't even tried the turret. Too busy using delicious sticky bombs to ruin everyone's day.

I've not tried those. I might have a run at them later as they would probably be better in the DZ but for me the turret is great for the story mode.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As an aside, has anyone else put the flame thrower on the turret? I found it rubbish and went back to the standard turret pronto.

I find the shock turret better because of the range, with the fear tactics talent equipped it's very effective. If you use the wildfire talent with the flame turret you'd probably see an improvement too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Yes and it is my favourite toy at the mo.

Turret is more for distraction anyway I find. Always handy to set them on fire first and then mow them down.

• Advertisement

I've not tried those. I might have a run at them later as they would probably be better in the DZ but for me the turret is great for the story mode.

I just find it great fun to sneak up by going from cover to cover, then pop up and "BLAM, there's a sticky bomb on your face!" followed by a hail of SMG fire.

I've only the Russian Consulate left on my list of missions to do so unless more appear when I do that I'm left grinding the last few remaining side missions and encounters to get myself over the line at 30. Just checked and I'm pretty close to 28 so the last mission will leave me most of the way to 29. Is there a set final mission after the Russian one?

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Yes and it is my favourite toy at the mo.

Turret is more for distraction anyway I find. Always handy to set them on fire first and then mow them down.

I like to Turret, then shock or incendiary followed by SMG.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've only the Russian Consulate left on my list of missions to do so unless more appear when I do that I'm left grinding the last few remaining side missions and encounters to get myself over the line at 30. Just checked and I'm pretty close to 28 so the last mission will leave me most of the way to 29. Is there a set final mission after the Russian one?

There is a final mission that isn't on the map initially where the named enemy at the end is different to the other named enemies you have fought.

If you've done it you'll know what I'm talking about. If you haven't I won't spoil it.

I am not sure what exactly triggers it to appear, cause it appeared for me before I had done all the previous missions.

Once you do the final mission there are three side missions in the final area (top right) that will be more than enough to get you to 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

People who have being level 30 a while now how are ya's still finding the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Burkie7 wrote: »

I still find myself playing a bit every day, but mainly logging in to just do the 2 daily hards & to check new stuff in the gpo. Apart from that, I'm just chipping away at the dark zone to get to level 50 (level 41 nearly now). I feel I won't have ANYTHING to do after that until some new content comes along.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Burkie7 wrote: »

There's still plenty of stuff to earn, but a lack of variety in it. The DZ is still risky but pretty repetitive. The gear from it doesn't scale too well, it's either DZ level 30 or 50 to use the stuff, no in-between. Outside of that, there's grinding the SP missions to get phoenix credit, but it'll take a lot of runs to earn the requirements to unlock anything from those too. The end-game does need a lot of filling in.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

End game is wearing pretty thin for me, have nothing to do apart from get to dz level 50. Replaying the story missions gets monotonous very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Thanks for the replies lads.

It's what I have being fearing. I just completed the last story mission and am level 29 now nearly 30th.

I got the gold edition so might just only play it the odd time now so that it isn't completely burned out by the time the DLC comes.

Still able to glitch in the door on the police station mission I see. Might be useful for when it comes up as daily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Anyone else lose access to all side missions and encounters etc that they hadn't done yet? Or is it just cos I hit 30?

BKtje wrote: »
    Anyone else lose access to all side missions and encounters etc that they hadn't done yet? Or is it just cos I hit 30?

I think they just go off my map as I complete them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Then I got a bug. It also means I can't complete the base of operations anymore. 90% medical. ARGH

EDIT: Seems to have fixed itself so nevermind :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I caught the rat and the crow fighting again, I had to put an end to it the only way I knew how...

http://imgur.com/a/IYqZF

Anybody know of any good (free) video capture software that won't turn my PC into an oven?

I also stumbled upon all these loots last night... ahem...

http://imgur.com/a/GqDvC

Ooooh, looks like the update had reset a lot of stuff for me, like all the phone findings, safe house unlocks etc etc. Ah well.

2 guys went rogue against my friend in the DZ, I don't think they had spotted me. I managed to take 2 of them down, was about to run away when noticed the second rogue guy had dropped a high end item haha :pac:

Legged it to the nearest checkpoint until my Survivor Link regenerated, wasn't going to risk losing this beauty of a rifle for anything :D

L6rNlK7.png?1

3 very nice talents too :D
    H3MPGId.png?2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

BKtje wrote: »

3 very nice talents too :D
    H3MPGId.png?2

That third stat is an amazing support stat. A bit OP I would say. I don't know why you would risk a yellow gun for some rogue nonsense. That was not a very good idea.

So... Just did the General Assembly; they finally decided to tear up the script for that final boss. :D

why you would risk a yellow gun for some rogue nonsense. That was not a very good idea.

I'd say he didn't want to go rogue, his group member was the one to take down my friend whilst he also ran straight passed me but I chased after him, thankfully :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Hit DZ 50 late last night ... and cleaned out all the DZ vendors for schematics, apart from the 06 vendor (who takes PCs).

It's a bit of a joke really. I had something like 300k DZ funds from grinding to 50 (no point spending them at this point), so I could buy every schematic worth a damn.

At this point it's going to be about Division Tech - takes 3 to craft any item from DZ schematics. Plus, other than the DZ06 vendor, all the other high end schematics in the DZ make level 30 gear (as opposed to 31), so division tech and Phoenix credits are now the priority.

The grind continues past 50 in a different form...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

What's the clobber you're wearing in that vid, Misky? Looks sort of like a ghillie suit? Computer here in work wouldn't be the Mae West, so it might be just fuzzy as hell!

Advertisement