Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yeah saw that today,disappointing. Although if it needs another delay to be a better and more polished game im all for it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was it due to come out late this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was it due to come out late this year?

Was announced at E3 2013 with a release window of late 2014. Then in May 2014 it was delayed to 2015. Now delayed another year and has been in development since summer of 2012

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think we're looking at massively ambitious and oversold features not being deliverable - sound like Watchdogs to anyone else? :) I don't mind waiting though, it still looks like a very interesting game and gameworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Fcuks Sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Shiminay wrote: »
    sound like Watchdogs to anyone else?

yeah it does, and tbh even watchdogs wasn't all bad, crappy buggy release and pretty short for an open world game but it was a decent AAA.

I dont mind it being delayed so much, so long as it's not cancelled after the amount of time it's had in development hell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I think we're looking at massively ambitious and oversold features not being deliverable - sound like Watchdogs to anyone else? :) I don't mind waiting though, it still looks like a very interesting game and gameworld.
    The only thing that was really ambitious here was the release date. It was blatently obvious that it was never going to be finished in time even before comments like this leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The funny thing is, all we've really seen are a few demos and a loose description of what it actually is - It smells like another destiny disappointment, but I really hope its not, it looks incredible, and I really want it to be the best game it can possibly be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I thought it was 2016 anyway. They said 2015 was too optimistic last year at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I had 2016 in my head too, so not too disappointed. I also won't ever be surprised if it gets canned. It just seems a little too ahead of its time tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it single player or multiplayer only ?

Think it's multi only. The idea is it's like Destiny, only better. Always online world that changes as players adapt it to their survival etc etc.

The potential is great, it could strike that fine balance between MMO/RPG and action shooter to create a perfect game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Did I see March 8th 2016 as the date for this from E3? (I know these can be pushed back and back, but this is the first definite date unless I'm mistaken?).

Was there any gameplay shown? Or even trailers?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Did I see March 8th 2016 as the date for this from E3? (I know these can be pushed back and back, but this is the first definite date unless I'm mistaken?).

Was there any gameplay shown? Or even trailers?

Theres a gameplay PVP mission in the E3 video thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Theres a gameplay PVP mission in the E3 video thread.

Haven't ventured in there yet, thanks, only thought of it as I read through all the stuff I recently started following on Twitter (prob the first E3 I've ever paid attention to) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The game looks decent but the scripted voice chat is fcuking gay.

Have to say this is the one thing I'm most disappointed in. Looks a far cry away from what they envisioned, the nice cover system with lots of really crisp particle effects in the original 'demo' is now a real toned down rpg style spray fest with very few clean particle effects.

The graphics don't look near half as good from the old demos. Typical ubisoft, feels like another watchdogs.

.ak wrote: »
    Have to say this is the one thing I'm most disappointed in. Looks a far cry away from what they envisioned, the nice cover system with lots of really crisp particle effects in the original 'demo' is now a real toned down rpg style spray fest with very few clean particle effects.

The graphics don't look near half as good from the old demos. Typical ubisoft, feels like another watchdogs.

The latest demo was played on Xbox One while the early demos were on PC. I still feel they are doing a Watchdogs on it though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Does anyone really trust Ubisoft to release a finished game this time?

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Does anyone really trust Ubisoft to release a finished game this time?
    Yes.

Look at the list of games published by Ubisoft.
    Sort by release year.
    Look at the games released in an objectively unfinished state.

Yes, Unity was pushed out the door in a ****ing awful state and their PC ports can leave a lot to be desired but at some point cynicism can become just hyperbolic arm waving for the sake of it.

With this game though I'd be wary of it at launch seeing as it relies on decent stable servers that will stay up and handle the load.

When was the last time they released a game similar to this that is online heavy.

With this game though I'd be wary of it at launch seeing as it relies on decent stable servers that will stay up and handle the load.

When was the last time they released a game similar to this that is online heavy.
    The Crew, Shootmania Storm and The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot in terms of their more recent releases. I believe the former suffered from connectivity issues during it's first week on sale but from reading up on it, they seem to have been sorted after that period.

Ubisoft's uPlay shop has listed three separate editions: standard, Gold and Sleeper Agent Collector's Edition.

The Gold Edition will launch with the game and season pass and costs £74.99. The Gold edition is only listed as a PC download on the store.

The collector's edition comes with the game, The Agent replica watch, The Agent replica armband, an artbook, a poster and collector's box. There's also some uPlay exclusive bonuses: guaranteed access to the closed beta, as well as the in-game Hazmat Gear set and a steelbook. The Collector's Edition costs £114.99 on PC or £119.99 on Xbox One and PS4.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/tom_clancys_the_division/news/the_division_season_pass_to_deliver_full_year_of_major_expansions_and_exclusive_benefits.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got my code for the beta, and instructed to go enter details on www.thedivisiongame.com/beta

Can't see anywhere to redeem code though, am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

maximoose wrote: »
    Just got my code for the beta, and instructed to go enter details on www.thedivisiongame.com/beta

Can't see anywhere to redeem code though, am I missing something?

Me too. Go here http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/beta/
    The beta isn't live yet, they will email an access code when it is.
    Anyone know when it will be?

Sure don't you have that pre order the game to get the beta access??

Yep. Fcuk that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Sure don't you have that pre order the game to get the beta access??

Yep. Fcuk that

pre order then cancel ? :D

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    pre order then cancel ? :D

Where, Amazon?

Advertisement