Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Been lvl 30 for a while now, getting my Golds. Finally fully upgraded the base. Having the mastery for each skill is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm assuming that there is a server side save. That said I have no proof of this whatsoever and could be totally wrong :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

If you're chasing the phone calls, echos and drones you'll go really slowly.

If you want to level up just stick to the main missions, the encounters, side missions and missing agents. Don't forget to go to the jtf guy and map in each new safe house as well as back to them when you clear that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I've about 25 hours in and have collected all the Intel up to my point. Level 29 in the 3rd last zone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So chaps is it worth getting? I'm getting an Xbone today and wondering if i should get it along with the console?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Vicxas wrote: »
    So chaps is it worth getting? I'm getting an Xbone today and wondering if i should get it along with the console?

It's definitely wort it

I've almost 4 days put in to the game already though so might be a little biased

There's worse ways you could spend €70 for 100 hours entertainment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

It's definitely wort it

I've almost 4 days put in to the game already though so might be a little biased

agreed, not a heavy gamer and usually don't get stuck into a game, but really enjoying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's definitely wort it

I'm finding that even though I agree with a lot of the criticisms people have about it being a little repetitive, a bit sparse in the end game, suffering from a handful of irritating bugs, etc... I'm still dying to get home and stick it on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

its funny when you agree with most of what he says but still cant stop playing it. :)

his destiny one is well worth looking at also

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What's the deal with the whole Tom Clancy thing anyway?

Has he actually written about this storyline at any time?

Or is his name basically just a corporation now?... 6 men sitting in a conference room, 5 of them accountants and lawyers.

It's kinda sad really. He was a very decent author imo, and did actually care about how his works were portrayed in games. Always pushed for realism above action.

That's not to take away from The Division, but I don't know why his name needs to be attached to it.

No doubt his family are just cashing in on his name rather than his works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Tom Clancy name is just used as a brand. The last game released based on a book he wrote was The Sum of All Fears and it was basically Ghost Recon re skinned or moded.

The TC name was supposed to be about games based in realism like the early Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon games, one shot to the head kills. It should not be linked to this or the HAWX games.

Ubi just use this name to sell games.

What's the deal with the whole Tom Clancy thing anyway?

Has he actually written about this storyline at any time?

Or is his name basically just a corporation now?... 6 men sitting in a conference room, 5 of them accountants and lawyers.

It's kinda sad really. He was a very decent author imo, and did actually care about how his works were portrayed in games. Always pushed for realism above action.

That's not to take away from The Division, but I don't know why his name needs to be attached to it.

No doubt his family are just cashing in on his name rather than his works.

He co-founded Red Storm Entertainment in the 90s and made his name into a video game franchise. Ubisoft has since acquired that company and owns the franchise. It's just a name.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Arent argos doing a 500gb XBone + The Division for 290 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Welcome to XB1 :D Make sure to join us on the XB1 thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057176539&page=156

Also grab your free games with gold for March before they're gone to make way for April's games which are VERY good, you can see here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99169398&postcount=1889

You can find xb1 players to play The Division with here:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057572380

Happy Gaming! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

its funny when you agree with most of what he says but still cant stop playing it. :)

his destiny one is well worth looking at also

That was great but I still enjoy the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Does anyone know if there is a way my lvl 30 mates can play with me but the enemies are my lvl 25 rank? Anytime we join up the enemies are their level

Battleflag wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a way my lvl 30 mates can play with me but the enemies are my lvl 25 rank? Anytime we join up the enemies are their level

Are you acting as group leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Battleflag wrote: »
    No. Unfortunately there isn't. It matches the enemy level with the highest level in the group.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Play the missions on normal rather than hard and it will be fine, enemy levels will be somewhere in the middle then.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Play the missions on normal rather than hard and it will be fine, enemy levels will be somewhere in the middle then.

I did a good few of the missions 4/5 levels above me with people 4/5 levels above me. You die a lot but they are doable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Had my first Rogue run ins today. Mostly I've kept a low key until now, not getting involved in manhunts etc. But some git was spamming the chat channel about his awesomeness and running around the map Rogue for ages. I partnered up with a random and we hunted him down, very satisfying.
    And then I tried to help a random in a firefight he was having trouble in, he dropped, I ran to res him but he tapped out. I finished off the NPCs around the area and then stood on top of a car about 20feet from his stuff to ward others off from taking it. He comes back, I wave...he opens fire. I drop behind the car, wave again thinking he'd see the errors of his antisocial ways and he starts up again. So I walked up to him and showed him what I highly modded (and underrated) Pakhan could to do his head in about .5 seconds. Idiot...but it was kind fun in a poetic justice kinda way. Anyway I still left him his stuff, it looked like he needed it.

**** that. If someone goes rogue around me, accidental or not I'm killing them and taking their stuff. Too many douchebags around to risk trying to be nice unless you actually know them.

I went DZ last night for the first time since turning 30 and in one trip in I extracted 30 purples. It got to the point where I was breaking down blue stuff just to make room in my DZ backpack as well as breaking down a few purples in the last extraction because I'd gone over my stash limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hit detection is BRUTAL since the patch (for me anyways) especially with PVP elements. One minute AI health goes down as per shot like it should the next minute you pumping away and no damage and before you know it the death animation and all hp goes instantly....ffs.

DZ is so getting full of douche bags so deffo a question of shoot first apologise after TBH.

I'll never shoot someone who's not rogue or who isn't attacking me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I'm lv25 and my dps is around the 21k mark and health 40k ish. Am I under powered for this level as I feel it at times. I am not buying guns just using using what I pick up along the way as they become under powered fairly fast or should I buy something good if it comes up.

Thanks

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I'm lv25 and my dps is around the 21k mark and health 40k ish. Am I under powered for this level as I feel it at times. I am not buying guns just using using what I pick up along the way as they become under powered fairly fast or should I buy something good if it comes up.

Thanks

Your health is excellent. I recalibrated my other gear last night and my health dropped from 60k to 40k but my primary dps went up by 30k.

All the gloves and stuff make a huge impact in your dps/health and you'll need to decide whether you want to set up for balance or lean towards health/dps.

Personally I would lean towards dps with my set up and hope to outgun most scenarios whilst relying on medipacks to keep me alive.

ECO_Mental wrote: »

Thanks

I think my DPS was similar, maybe a touch higher, at that point and health was lower. Both stats rise rapidly by 30 - you'll start getting much more purple gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So is anybodies DPS all over the shop? Every time I log in I have a different DPS. I logged out with 148K DPS and now I have 135K DPS. The other day I had 138K dps and I log in to find it's now at 118K. Sometimes this happens to my HP, and before anybody suggests it, I haven't changed my gear in the interim. This game is slowly slipping into the "absolute bollox" category of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I suppose my strategy is not to put on a mod that decreases any other stat that way I'm going up all the time. it's also easy to do if I see red forget about it. You can spend to much time looking at every single stat at this stage I think after 30 I think I will pay more attention. Just I was a bit unsure I was doing it right

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I personally think try to get the DPS and Health high and then pick one to maximise without the other taking a hammering. It is possible to have them both nearly the same at high level but its hard and you really have to nit pick the gear and mods. I have them high now but gonna maximise the DPS from now on so I will equip gear that raises that as long as my HP does not drop to low.

Currently I am 110 DPS and 115HP but my Electronics is pittyful at only 13K....which I am happy with as I dont use any impact weapons like Sticky Bomb etc.

Advertisement