Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I personally think try to get the DPS and Health high and then pick one to maximise without the other taking a hammering. It is possible to have them both nearly the same at high level but its hard and you really have to nit pick the gear and mods. I have them high now but gonna maximise the DPS from now on so I will equip gear that raises that as long as my HP does not drop to low.

Currently I am 110 DPS and 115HP but my Electronics is pittyful at only 13K....which I am happy with as I dont use any impact weapons like Sticky Bomb etc.

I think Electroncs being so low is pretty standard.

You must have mostly gold gear to have your stats both so high.

So is anybodies DPS all over the shop? Every time I log in I have a different DPS. I logged out with 148K DPS and now I have 135K DPS. The other day I had 138K dps and I log in to find it's now at 118K. Sometimes this happens to my HP, and before anybody suggests it, I haven't changed my gear in the interim. This game is slowly slipping into the "absolute bollox" category of games.

The stat is based on on what gun is currently held I think.

I have 110k DPS 50k Health with my gear , health rockets if I swap to a purple vest but I die much quicker. Had a friend on with me who was getting destroyed and almost one shotted in DZ6 with 100k health vs my 50k . Difference ? Bullet mitigation from what I could see, I rerolled most of my stuff to to get the + armor stat and a mod slot his BM was 24% mine was closer to 60

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Don't forget the points you need for any critical weapon talents. They can be more valuable than an increase in straight DPS, depending on the actual talent and your playstyle. Always double check you didn't turn off something by accident.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just reached lvl30 this evening and managed to complete each wing in the base. Have 62k DPS, 60K Health and a measly 8k Skill Power (not really sure how useful it is). Have my Scavenging up to 95% too so hopefully I'll get some decent drops when I venture back into the dark zone. Two PvE zones left to do also.

Speaking of which, shame you can't buy that DZ gear until you're lvl 30 (only 21 atm), there's a nice extended mag (+83.50% mag size, 27% Crit dmg) on sale in the base now.

Still really enjoying the game (except for the odd falling through the world glitch), love collecting & modding new loot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Also reached lvl 30 this evening. Finished the final mission and have the last zone to complete a few encounters and collect Intel :D DPS is at 52k and health is around the same, I think. It's odd how some of my green gear triumphs my purples in DPS/HP...

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Speaking of which, shame you can't buy that DZ gear until you're lvl 30 (only 21 atm), there's a nice extended mag (+83.50% mag size, 27% Crit dmg) on sale in the base now.

Hate to break it to you but the High-End DZ gear is level 50. Ridiculous really since by the time you hit 30 you won't care about anything less than a gold item, everything else will be materials-to-be. Onward the grind has to go...

It's odd how some of my green gear triumphs my purples in DPS/HP...

That does sometime happen, but end-game weapon differentiators are often in the talents. Blue = 1, Purple = 2, High-End = 3. My preferred weapon at the moment has lower overall DPS than the Vektors just about everyone is toting around, but it has 2 talents specifically for Elites so is pretty damn effective PvE in the DZ. It can be situational but Talents are an important consideration.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

50 hours in, and I've only just realised that the number below my ammo count is the ammo in my secondary weapon. Not my proudest moment there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Got a purple vector tonight. Huge jump up in stopping power from what I was used to.

Anybody constantly coming across roaming packs of D1ckheads in the DZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

So is everyone running around in endgame with the same weapon (or at least aiming for the same weapon?) Sounds a bit dull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Got a purple vector tonight. Huge jump up in stopping power from what I was used to.

Anybody constantly coming across roaming packs of D1ckheads in the DZ?

PvPers aren't d*ckheads :) They just like to get loot drops from other gamers rather than NPCs.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just noticed this outside the safe house in Turtle Bay, cool reference to the Ninja Turtles. :)

a2Nrjvf.png

Edit - And another reference inside the same safe house:

7crNadg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Ran the Lexington Event Center missions last night. It's level 22 or 24. I was 28, matchmaked on hard and someone else was 29 so mobs ended up that level.
    Easy enough to clear out and nice to see some purples dropping from the end boss at last for some better gear. Few more zones to go before I kick back into DZ. Only went it at 11 and got DZ 11. Looking forward to getting back in there.

Do bosses in missions always drop the same gear? (For instance if I re-run a mission, is there a chance I'll upgrade other items or will I just get the same drops again)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I have seen people say to stay at level 29 and farm the DZ because if you hit 30 then the enemies are 31-32. Is this a good idea or should i just hit 30 and dive into the DZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I have seen people say to stay at level 29 and farm the DZ because if you hit 30 then the enemies are 31-32. Is this a good idea or should i just hit 30 and dive into the DZ?

Can't get phoenix credits before 30 so I can't see the point in staying 29..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

_CreeD_ wrote:
    Don't forget the points you need for any critical weapon talents. They can be more valuable than an increase in straight DPS, depending on the actual talent and your playstyle. Always double check you didn't turn off something by accident.

Using the same gear. I log out at 150k and log in at 135k.

Using the same gear. I log out at 150k and log in at 135k.

Sounds like a talent could be buffing you for the extra 15k , if you look at your health are there any icons there in cooldown or anything:confused:

Also when you log out and back in are you holding the same weapon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jayop wrote: »
    I think Electroncs being so low is pretty standard.

You must have mostly gold gear to have your stats both so high.

Would you believe I only have 2 gold items that are not guns, but I am super picky with my armour now. I did find an absolute cracker of a mask that takes 2 mod slots.....better then any gold armour.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It strikes me that they haven't really considered this game in terms of being for long term players. There's the already well voiced and legitimate criticism of lack of end game content, but there's other obvious stuff missing. There's no table of achievements, such as the usual "kill 100 enemies while you're/they're stunned". And with no classes there's point in re-rolling a new character either.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Spear wrote: »
    It strikes me that they haven't really considered this game in terms of being for long term players. There's the already well voiced and legitimate criticism of lack of end game content, but there's other obvious stuff missing. There's no table of achievements, such as the usual "kill 100 enemies while you're/they're stunned". And with no classes there's point in re-rolling a new character either.

Yes I just crafted the Vector gun from the special vendor and now I don't feel like I have anything else to do.

Them challenge missions are crazy too I can't get anywhere in them.

• Advertisement

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Yes I just crafted the Vector gun from the special vendor and now I don't feel like I have anything else to do.

Them challenge missions are crazy too I can't get anywhere in them.

I've only been on once since turning 30 and we did one of the challenge missions. There was three of us in party chat and one randomer and we managed it pretty well. Took a while but not too hard. We ran through the same mission again after on hard to get the extra credits and it was a piece of piss after doing it on challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Did one of them challenge missions last night aswell. 2 hours it took to complete. Was a pain in the hole. There was 3 of us.

Did one of them challenge missions last night aswell. 2 hours it took to complete. Was a pain in the hole. There was 3 of us.

Some nice gold gear?

Some nice gold gear?

Got a gear yoke bit what have was better. Got a load of blues and purple crapback on sell at least.
    Actually did a mission on hard with one of the lads got a sexy gold ak-47 for my troubles

I've only two gold pieces. The handgun you craft after doing level 30 and some other thing like Knee pads or the likes.

I've only two gold pieces. The handgun you craft after doing level 30 and some other thing like Knee pads or the likes.

Damascus? Have ityself. Dont think much of it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've a gold LMG with stats that look great but in actual fact it's sh*te. Also have a gold marksman rifle that's not even close to as good as my purple one.

I don't think I've used it yet apart from shooting some tyres and windows outside the base.

The only thing I'm thinking with the golds is that when you apply mods the improvements are much greater the same way that mods on blues and purples have much more effect than those on greens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Yeah it's fairly crap, i've gotten a superior itemlevel 31 purple that has about 1k better damage without a barrel mod

The gold craftable weapons are decent though, the AK74 and Liberator assault rifles are quality. Also, the pakhan is a good starter LMG with that armor damage talent it has, i've upgraded mine for a M249 para craftable at this point though, having a 200 round magazine beats the pakhan's modded 90 hands down

Advertisement