Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Ok... It's 1am on Easter Sunday night I have only 100 points in the medical and tech wing sections to go and only three bottles of beer left. The wife and kids are in bed long ago LETS DO THIS....

Good luck. :)

Trying to get the last 30 phoenix credits for that Vector with some randoms. Interesting so far.

Edit: Good thing you don't have to pay for repairs in this game. These daily missions on challenging are tough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Good luck. :)

Trying to get the last 30 phoenix credits for that Vector with some randoms. Interesting so far.

Edit: Good thing you don't have to pay for repairs in this game. These daily missions on challenging are tough. :)

Done it :) just under an hour and a half and still one beer left to help me sort out all me mods, new talents etc. Keep on truckin'

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Oh but it is ;)

I took your advice and bought it, great gun. Have it at 68k dps at the minute with the first two talents still to unlock. But it still burns down enemy armour very fast.

Also had some success with the daily challenges and got enough credits to buy the Vector, modded it to 85k dps (again with missing talents). Health is sitting at 79k so delighted with the progress made today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Vector is amazing I got that and the black market ak from the special gear vendor.

Now that my guns are sorted what's best to buy of the special gear vendor now?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Vector is amazing I got that and the black market ak from the special gear vendor.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Burkie7 wrote: »

Did you get the high end extended mag blueprint? If not, get that next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Couple of minutes of rouge madness from last nights session.

Fair play dont think I would go after 3 rouges like that lol.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I take back what I said about the pakham. Definitely helps to have the 3 talents operating on the gun. Trying to do same for my high end ak but just 3 electronic skill points shy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How many times did you kill twiggy?

A crazy number of times. His crew had been on manhunt status for 30 minutes and everyone on the server was pushing hard to get them. Finally after 8 deaths I made it in and got them. After that their luck had run out. I kept catching Twiggy and his crew as they attempted to build manhunt status again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was doing the challenge farming night before last (Lexington repeated over and over) until one of my mate dropped out of team as he was teleporting to the mission. Then I get another mate in and low and behold the first friends arrives to do it and he opened his group so we had 8 people doing the level......must have done it about 5 times and got 10 gold drops (mini boss dropped two golds) and 30 credits each time. We had it down to just under 20 mins a run...LMAO.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Was doing the challenge farming night before last (Lexington repeated over and over) until one of my mate dropped out of team as he was teleporting to the mission. Then I get another mate in and low and behold the first friends arrives to do it and he opened his group so we had 8 people doing the level......must have done it about 5 times and got 10 gold drops (mini boss dropped two golds) and 30 credits each time. We had it down to just under 20 mins a run...LMAO.

Really surprised that hasn't been patched out or maybe there isnt a consistent way to recreate it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

How do you farm the dailys? I do the three of them each day with random lads but can only ever do each one once.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

superg wrote: »
    How do you farm the dailys? I do the three of them each day with random lads but can only ever do each one once.

You can play challenge mode as many times as you like, I usually just ignore the dailies and do the Lincoln tunnel one as it's very easy and a good bit shorter than the others. You get 30 PC and a piece of high end gear every time, if it's the daily you get an extra 20 coins and crafting materials the first time you do it. Daily hard missions can only be done once.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Some of those daily challenges are brutal. Did the Russian Consulate and spent most of Saturday completing it. Must have gone through 20+ squad members. Seriously thought it would never end.
    Presumably it gets easier as the DPS/Health on your character increases. I'm 60-65K DPS / 80K health now but was a good bit lower Saturday. Did the Lincoln Tunnel one yesterday and it was much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Russian Consulate is the toughest one but once you have better gear/weapons and a good squad, each using the right abilities and talents, you should have it done in about 45-50 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Disaster, off work, missus in work and hoping to get an hour or two in before I have up drop the kids to a camp and then they schedule a server maintenance for the next three hours. :(

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Was jumping on for an hour there myself and saw that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

In fairness, they had a notification in the bottom right hand pane when you press option in game.

tony1980 wrote: »
    Russian Consulate is the toughest one but once you have better gear/weapons and a good squad, each using the right abilities and talents, you should have it done in about 45-50 mins.

Think I got lucky with the team I joined when I tried this at the weekend, managed ot get though it first go. But when I tried yesterday on another team we couldn't get past the first lobby. :pac:

The Lincoln Tunnel one is much handier - one handy tip I came across when you're protecting that worker in the tunnel - leave one enemy alive from the first wave and no more waves will come. Then just kill him when the worker is finished and continue on. Handy.

There's another daily challenge where you start off in a narrow stairwell and get rushed by 3-4 shotgunners. I tried it for 20 minutes the other day. There's just bedlam and panic on the stairs with teammates getting in your way as you flee in terror. Not sure how hard that one is as I didn't get past the first stage.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    There's another daily challenge where you start off in a narrow stairwell and get rushed by 3-4 shotgunners. I tried it for 20 minutes the other day. There's just bedlam and panic on the stairs with teammates getting in your way as you flee in terror. Not sure how hard that one is as I didn't get past the first stage.

You playing on PS4 or PC gimli?

You playing on PS4 or PC gimli?

PS4

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you get the high end extended mag blueprint? If not, get that next.

Cheers for the tip. Managed to craft two of these yesterday and put them on the Vector and Pakhan. Those guns are making the game much more enjoyable for me since I now have some sort of chance against elites, expecially when trying to solo in the DZ.

Speaking of which, I bumped into two Spanish chaps in the DZ over the weekend and their first question was if I was going to turn rogue - nope I said. So teamed up with them which was great fun, stayed non-hostile.

On another occaision I went in solo - I had literally just stepped inside the zone and two rogues gunned me down, almost got one of them. Least I didn't lose any gear. :)
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    PS4

Ah ok. Was going to try team up with you but on PC myself - I remember some of your (slightly drunken) Destiny crucible matches with Cormac which were always hilarious. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I remember some of your (slightly drunken) Destiny crucible matches with Cormac which were always hilarious. :D

There's nothing "slight" about 3 bottles of wine eh Gim? :pac:

That's right, I'm still watching this thread cause I'm genuinely interested to see how successful the end game is and I've head good thing about the lvl1-lvl30 game

Cormac... wrote: »
    There's nothing "slight" about 3 bottles of wine eh Gim? :pac:

That's right, I'm still watching this thread cause I'm genuinely interested to see how successful the end game is and I've head good thing about the lvl1-lvl30 game

Aye, looking at some of my stats from my last session with you guys and the figures are shocking. You're going to have to stop inviting me to these 3am sessions. :)

While I'm enjoying The Division the end game content is quite sparse. Also finding it hard to get into ranking up a second character. Getting to 30 first time round was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Cheers for the tip. Managed to craft two of these yesterday and put them on the Vector and Pakhan. Those guns are making the game much more enjoyable for me since I now have some sort of chance against elites, expecially when trying to solo in the DZ.

Speaking of which, I bumped into two Spanish chaps in the DZ over the weekend and their first question was if I was going to turn rogue - nope I said. So teamed up with them which was great fun, stayed non-hostile.

On another occaision I went in solo - I had literally just stepped inside the zone and two rogues gunned me down, almost got one of them. Least I didn't lose any gear. :)

Coming across a lot of this lately. Joined up with three lads the other night, had great fun in the DZ with them. Went back in the next night on my own and got slaughtered. Repeatedly. Safety in numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Had a bit of craic rogue hunting last night. One guy kept going killing us after he'd gone rogue and we took him down. He would respawn and look for one of us alone then attack. We finally found him when his rogue timer ran down but we decided to gun for him anyway.

Just then he popped the survivor link and started legging it away. Then it started to snow ... somehow we tracked him from DZ04 down to DZ01 despite there being zero visibility.

Suddenly I came across a player hunkered down at a barrier as we ran past - blam blam blam with the M1A and down he goes...

"GOT HIM!!! I got Scottie!"

"Eh, no Kev ... we're still chasing him here two blocks away"

Err ... yeah. Sorry about going rogue on you random guy. Damn snow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Add me on pc if interested, Bktje2012. Always up for everything ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Is there an automatic agility or speed boost when you turn rogue or is there a build that increases your overall sprint speed?

Had a rogue sprint by three of us in the DZ last night and we gave chase. Even with two survivor sprint bonuses we were unable to keep up let alone catch him over a couple of blocks. What is that all about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Couple of minutes of rouge madness from last nights session.

Poor Twiggy, he'll never learn :pac:

Advertisement