Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Got the Vector, Black Market AK and the extended mag from the special gear vendor so I'm unsure now what to buy off him now.

I can do the Lincoln tunnel mission now on challenging in less than 20 minutes so I'm able to get phoenix credits and high end gear quickly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Is there always an item crate after every encounter/side mission about the place somewhere?
    I've found them on some but other missions I haven't been able to locate em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Up at 174K DPS on my main and 156K DPS on my secondary, it's pretty awesome for the daily hard missions. Challenge is still hit and miss, mostly miss.

Got the M4 and M44 high end weapons from Hornet this week. The M44 can do up to 400K crits. It's insane.

If you are reviving your team mate, continue to press the revive button when they get up and they will get a second revive (you see this in the chat), if your team mate goes down again, they will automatically revive.

I have tried to explain this in game, but it's pointless, people either don't give a crap, don't want to glitch, or are brain dead.

I'll post a video of this later when I capture it.

There's also a Hornet loot farm exploit which is a little more complicated to explain. If I do that mission again I will try take a video of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You're basically doing three times the amount of damage I am and still finding the challenge missions challenging? This is disheartening news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Up at 174K DPS on my main and 156K DPS on my secondary, it's pretty awesome for the daily hard missions. Challenge is still hit and miss, mostly miss.

Got the M4 and M44 high end weapons from Hornet this week. The M44 can do up to 400K crits. It's insane.

If you are reviving your team mate, continue to press the revive button when they get up and they will get a second revive (you see this in the chat), if your team mate goes down again, they will automatically revive.

I have tried to explain this in game, but it's pointless, people either don't give a crap, don't want to glitch, or are brain dead.

I'll post a video of this later when I capture it.

There's also a Hornet loot farm exploit which is a little more complicated to explain. If I do that mission again I will try take a video of it.

How the hell have you got your dsp so high? I built the vector and have the high end mag for it but I'm still only at 75k dps. I had it up to 85k but I had to bring it down because I was sacrificing far too much health for it.

Can you post a pic of your set up, including the talents/perks/etc?

Honestly I think I'm missing something in my set up big time because I'm very weak when trying ot do the daily challenging. One shot downs me and I'd be firing at the normal AI all day before I kill one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You're basically doing three times the amount of damage I am and still finding the challenge missions challenging? This is disheartening news!

My DPS (insofar as that's even a meaningful stat in isolation) is 120k and I find the challenging missions a breeze tbh.

Sometimes if you're saddled with completely inept teammates they can be a lost cause, but if you've four people who have some idea what they're doing it's not hard at all.

My DPS (insofar as that's even a meaningful stat in isolation) is 120k and I find the challenging missions a breeze tbh.

Sometimes if you're saddled with completely inept teammates they can be a lost cause, but if you've four people who have some idea what they're doing it's not hard at all.

What's your health and skill?

Jayop wrote: »
    What's your health and skill?

Health is 58k I think, armour is probably pretty high though. I think my armour mitigates about half of bullet damage. Electronics is non-existent, maybe 10k?

Health is 58k I think, armour is probably pretty high though. Electronics is non-existent, maybe 10k?

You must have pretty much all high end stuff equipped now then. I think I've only got 4 gold items, the vector with the mag, the handgun and a back pack.

I really need to get more of the gold drops so 'll have to try to do the challenging missions with my mates every day.

You must have pretty much all high end stuff equipped now then. I think I've only got 4 gold items, the vector with the mag, the handgun and a back pack.

I really need to get more of the gold drops so 'll have to try to do the challenging missions with my mates every day.

My primary and secondary weapons are high-end, but only two of my gear pieces are. Most of the high-end drops I've gotten have been pretty crappy compared to the purples I already have.

I use the high-end black-market AK as primary and I previously had the same weapon but as a purple. DPS is almost identical, but it's the talents where the difference lies.

• Advertisement

Aye, I think I need to watch a few vids on the talents and try to maximise those.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Rogue Hunting & baiting is serious craic, I love it :pac:

"My friend baited them to go rogue, I waited outside to catch them by surprise mwah haw haw"

How the hell have you got your dsp so high? I built the vector and have the high end mag for it but I'm still only at 75k dps. I had it up to 85k but I had to bring it down because I was sacrificing far too much health for it.

Can you post a pic of your set up, including the talents/perks/etc?

Honestly I think I'm missing something in my set up big time because I'm very weak when trying ot do the daily challenging. One shot downs me and I'd be firing at the normal AI all day before I kill one of them.

I get upgrades every so often, but really only from challenge mode. I have bought the vector and mag blueprints along with the stamina and firepower blueprints from the vendor in the base. I have over 500 pheonix credits waiting to be spent when I reach level 50 in the DZ. I hope to have closer to 1000 by that time. Should get a few nice upgrades then.

I have 6 gear modifications added which helped with the stats, 5 in firepower and 1 in stamina.

Here's the screenshots you asked for. Some of my purple gear was better for DPS/Stamina, but I changed them out yesterday or the day before. I have a scavanging set I used to use in the DZ but I took a huge hit in DPS and Stamina. There's also two pictures of a dog taking a shít in there. There's no reason for it, sorry.

http://imgur.com/a/o9TME

I meant to add that I had 75K dps or there abouts when I started with the Vector. You will eventually grind better gear, just keep at it ;)

Also, DPS isn't the ultimate goal. I don't think it's fairly represented to be honest. If you are getting 400K headshots with a sniper rifle, then DPS doesn't matter to be honest, some mobs sit in cover for quite a while, and that effects DPS, but you are still taking huge chunks of damage off them. Same with other weapons, weapons that have a lower DPS but demolish armor. Check different stats and run with what's fun. I love the M4, which is very similar in DPS to my Vector. I just prefer the burst shoot (on full auto it's kinda hard to control).

I get upgrades every so often, but really only from challenge mode. I have bought the vector and mag blueprints along with the stamina and firepower blueprints from the vendor in the base. I have over 500 pheonix credits waiting to be spent when I reach level 50 in the DZ. I hope to have closer to 1000 by that time. Should get a few nice upgrades then.

I have 6 gear modifications added which helped with the stats, 5 in firepower and 1 in stamina.

Here's the screenshots you asked for. Some of my purple gear was better for DPS/Stamina, but I changed them out yesterday or the day before. I have a scavanging set I used to use in the DZ but I took a huge hit in DPS and Stamina. There's also two pictures of a dog taking a shít in there. There's no reason for it, sorry.

http://imgur.com/a/o9TME

I meant to add that I had 75K dps or there abouts when I started with the Vector. You will eventually grind better gear, just keep at it ;)

:pac: that dog

:pac: that dog

He'll end up with haemorrhoids if he's not careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Rogue Hunting & baiting is serious craic, I love it :pac:

When you're at an extraction point drop a flashbang and let the other team shoot at you in retaliation sending them rogue, kill them, loot gear, extract :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

When you're at an extraction point drop a flashbang and let the other team shoot at you in retaliation sending them rogue, kill them, loot gear, extract :pac:

BeanbagJohnny, Mickeroo, someone else & myself did that the other day. Worked perfectly, the 4 guys went rogue, we killed them with ease. They came back for revenge, we killed them all again but this time they dropped a high end item the dopes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Great glitch tonight. Did the challenging mission and finished it. Went back to do it again but there were 3 other teams in there so 16 of us running around the level, We had it done in minutes and when we got to the end the mission kept restarting itself with all 16 of us still in it. We reaped a lot of gold and phoenix credits! I did it 9 times before it stopped working :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Skillz I picked up on the mean streets of Tullow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Quick question on the dailies. Why is there a timer when you hover over the mission? At first I thought it was because you can only do the daily once for the 30 phoenix credits but I was able to select it and go through it again if I wanted.

Am I right in thinking it's always one challenging Daily for 30 credits and then two you can do on hard for 15 credits?

One other question, if I've a piece of armour with say 500 armour but say 1000 less health than a piece with say 300 armour which are you generally better going for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

joe123 wrote: »
    Quick question on the dailies. Why is there a timer when you hover over the mission? At first I thought it was because you can only do the daily once for the 30 phoenix credits but I was able to select it and go through it again if I wanted.

Never noticed that timer but I imagine it's a 24 hour countdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Met a farming group that knew their **** when I was doing dailies+challenging. Showed me the Lincoln tunnel and Russian farm method, got 3 yellows and a ton of purples.
    Up to 80k DPS, 50k hp now and also got the Vector blueprint..anyone know how I get the yellow materials for it? Just a random drop from material farming?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

anyone know how I get the yellow materials for it? Just a random drop from material farming?

You can use the Crafting Station in the base to create them. The very bottom option (Material Conversion) will let you convert non-high end Weapon Parts/Tools etc into their high end versions.

5 non-high end = 1 high end.

Also, if you have Gunsmith unlocked in the Security Wing then you get a Weapon Parts chest which has a change to give you a high end part (it did for me one time - right when I needed one to craft a mag). Wouldn't rely on this though.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    You can use the Crafting Station in the base to create them. The very bottom option (Material Conversion) will let you convert non-high end Weapon Parts/Tools etc into their high end versions.

5 non-high end = 1 high end.

Also, if you have Gunsmith unlocked in the Security Wing then you get a Weapon Parts chest which has a change to give you a high end part (it did for me one time - right when I needed one to craft a mag). Wouldn't rely on this though.

Ahh, didn't realise there's a material conversion at the crafting station. Thanks!

Aye that's why I pick up all blues still just to break them down for materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

If you need purples to break down for parts (and phoenix creds) the Madison Hospital glitch is freaking insanely fast. Once your DPS is up you can pretty much run it once per couple of minutes. As long as you don't go insane that is from the repetition.

Anyone have any better solo runs? The police academy is another good glitch but it's much slower than the hospital. I've only just starting to farm these things. Tried to do the Hornet with a mate but it's just a bit too convoluted for me.

If you need purples to break down for parts (and phoenix creds) the Madison Hospital glitch is freaking insanely fast. Once your DPS is up you can pretty much run it once per couple of minutes. As long as you don't go insane that is from the repetition.

Anyone have any better solo runs? The police academy is another good glitch but it's much slower than the hospital. I've only just starting to farm these things. Tried to do the Hornet with a mate but it's just a bit too convoluted for me.

The hornet one was the one I was doing today with the randoms I met! First 2 runs dropped a high end M1A and MK for one of the other guys..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Am I right in thinking it's always one challenging Daily for 30 credits and then two you can do on hard for 15 credits?

Countdown is a 24hr timer for the dailies. All challenging missions can be done at any time for 30 phoenix credits and high end gear, if it's the daily you get 20 extra credits and some crafting materials but only the first time you do it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Countdown is a 24hr timer for the dailies. All challenging missions can be done at any time for 30 phoenix credits and high end gear, if it's the daily you get 20 extra credits and some crafting materials but only the first time you do it I think.

Why is their a timer for the dailies if you can run them whenever you want?

Someone mentioned the Madison Farm method? How does that one work? Is it where you shoot the boss on the roof then die and you respawn?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Why is their a timer for the dailies if you can run them whenever you want?

Someone mentioned the Madison Farm method? How does that one work? Is it where you shoot the boss on the roof then die and you respawn?

Because they switch around after 24 hours.

Madison farm is the Madison field hospital mission, and the farming of the named boss Hutch.

Advertisement