Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can play challenge mode as many times as you like, I usually just ignore the dailies and do the Lincoln tunnel one as it's very easy and a good bit shorter than the others. You get 30 PC and a piece of high end gear every time, if it's the daily you get an extra 20 coins and crafting materials the first time you do it. Daily hard missions can only be done once.

Did one yesterday, after we killed the boss he dropped some items but no high end gear. One of the guy's left and I assumed that was it & stupidly quit. Did I have to go to a checkpoint or something to trigger the high end gear? I got the phoenix credits though I'm sure.
    Also purchased a high end magazine yesterday and giddily closing in on the vector.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Did one yesterday, after we killed the boss he dropped some items but no high end gear. One of the guy's left and I assumed that was it & stupidly quit. Did I have to go to a checkpoint or something to trigger the high end gear? I got the phoenix credits though I'm sure.
    Also purchased a high end magazine yesterday and giddily closing in on the vector.

The boss doesn't drop the high end gear, you get it as a mission reward so you have to complete the mission. It's possible to kill the boss and still not have completed the mission; it might say 'Secure the area' or similar, where you have to kill remaining enemies. Any chance that's what happened?

yup I'd say that's it, thanks

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

joe123 wrote: »
    Why is their a timer for the dailies if you can run them whenever you want?

You can only get the daily rewards once a day, challenge modes in general aren't dailies, they can be run all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

gimli2112 wrote:
    You're basically doing three times the amount of damage I am and still finding the challenge missions challenging? This is disheartening news!

Only because of the groups. Some people are idiots and think they can solo challenge mode. You spend a lot of time reviving them, and it's somehow everybody else's fault he got 1 shotted by a shotgunner 50 meters ahead of the group.

Then you get other groups with low DPS that tag along with rubbish gear and setup. Should be a min cap on DPS for challenge mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Anyone recommend a decent gaming headset, preferably wireless. Came across a few groups last night, all chatting. Felt left out.

PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Keyzer wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a decent gaming headset, preferably wireless. Came across a few groups last night, all chatting. Felt left out.

PS4

Cant go wrong with the official Sony PS headset.

Don't have them myself but have heard good reviews from those that do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cant go wrong with the official Sony PS headset.

Don't have them myself but have heard good reviews from those that do.

~THIS ^

Have one I got it in smiths for 79 at the time, can get it in white also. Really good headset have mine nearly two yrs and no probs and the sound quality is great and battery life is very good too.

Some say its a little fragile but they are just hap handed wreck it ralphs that throw it everywhere!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Can get it in white also.

Don't get it in white if you're a smoker. It goes yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Did you pick up the Pheonix credits off the bosses body before quiting?
    He drops between 1-3 PC. This is separate to your mission rewards credits.

• Advertisement

Did you pick up the Pheonix credits off the bosses body before quiting?
    He drops between 1-3 PC. This is separate to your mission rewards credits.

yeah I picked everything up from the boss. I thought I had high 80 something going in and ended up with 111 or something like that. Of course if they only drop along with the high end gear when you complete the mission I'd prefer not to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Keyzer wrote: »

PS4

Only €65 in Smyths at the moment. Linky

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I get upgrades every so often, but really only from challenge mode. I have bought the vector and mag blueprints along with the stamina and firepower blueprints from the vendor in the base. I have over 500 pheonix credits waiting to be spent when I reach level 50 in the DZ. I hope to have closer to 1000 by that time. Should get a few nice upgrades then.

I have 6 gear modifications added which helped with the stats, 5 in firepower and 1 in stamina.

Here's the screenshots you asked for. Some of my purple gear was better for DPS/Stamina, but I changed them out yesterday or the day before. I have a scavanging set I used to use in the DZ but I took a huge hit in DPS and Stamina. There's also two pictures of a dog taking a shít in there. There's no reason for it, sorry.

http://imgur.com/a/o9TME

I meant to add that I had 75K dps or there abouts when I started with the Vector. You will eventually grind better gear, just keep at it ;)

Also, DPS isn't the ultimate goal. I don't think it's fairly represented to be honest. If you are getting 400K headshots with a sniper rifle, then DPS doesn't matter to be honest, some mobs sit in cover for quite a while, and that effects DPS, but you are still taking huge chunks of damage off them. Same with other weapons, weapons that have a lower DPS but demolish armor. Check different stats and run with what's fun. I love the M4, which is very similar in DPS to my Vector. I just prefer the burst shoot (on full auto it's kinda hard to control).

Some stats you have there, very nice!

I'm currently running the below, dropped my health by 13k to bump the DPS by 14k. Will see how it goes. Think my damage mitigation is around 45% so trying to keep the Armor value up when upgrading gear (thanks Maximus or Mickeroo for mentioning Armor) - sometimes using the Recalibration station. Have another high end gear item but it's not as good as the equiped purple. Still have plenty a way to go to get near the likes of yourself though.

09KCxYS.png
    yeah I picked everything up from the boss. I thought I had high 80 something going in and ended up with 111 or something like that. Of course if they only drop along with the high end gear when you complete the mission I'd prefer not to know.

Not sure if you've already done this but if you have any UPlay points you can spend them in the client/website (or whatever the equivalent is on console) and buy 30 Phoenix Credits (costs 40 points I think). A one time purchase only. No idea where I got the UPlay points from but it was helpful anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Andrew76 wrote:
    Still have plenty a way to go to get near the likes of yourself though.

Craft another vector until you get talents you can use...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Jebus you're both well ahead of me at this stage. Just hit 90k dps, 65k hp and 14k electronics. (I like electronics, bigger heals ;) ).

Saving for the high end firearms gear mod now. Have about 4 pieces which use it so should bump up the ol dps a bit.

After I'm going for a high damage rifle. Just switched in a lower "dps" one as I tend to take pot shots so damage more important to me.

I really am enjoying this game a lot more than I ever thought I would

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Craft another vector until you get talents you can use...

I actually thought about that the other night - yeah I think I will cheers. I can't remember the exact figure but the Firearms needed to trigger the talents on my current one are miles higher than what I have, 3k+ I think. Have enough of the parts to craft enough.

Don't really have a solid progression plan other than to keep doing dailies/challenging (or attempting the latter) and increasing my DZ rankk - only 25 atm so everything still locked off from me in there. Might try that Madison Hospital glitch level see if I can get that working. The Police Station one where you can glitch through the front doors with the shield is another I do.

After crafting the high end increased mag what other mods do folks craft? Or are you getting better gear from drops?

um talents?

Hadn't realised how you unlock them and never even considered them before.

um talents?

Think new talent slots unlock when you reach certain lvls in game? You also get an extra slot for getting 100% in the Medical wing. Unless I'm mixing that up with something else. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Think new talent slots unlock when you reach certain lvls in game? You also get an extra slot for getting 100% in the Medical wing. Unless I'm mixing that up with something else. :)

He meant the weapon talents, and the skills value they need to be active.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

um talents?

Bring up your inventory screen, go into weapons, highlight a weapon to bring up the stats on the right, scroll down through the stats to see the weapon talents. On high end items,there's 3 talents. Each talent will have a different benefit and require your firepower/stamina/electronics to be a certain number to unlock said talents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Bring up your inventory screen, go into weapons, highlight a weapon to bring up the stats on the right, scroll down through the stats to see the weapon talents. On high end items,there's 3 talents. Each talent will have a different benefit and require your firepower/stamina/electronics to be a certain number to unlock said talents.

Just in the interest of completeness, all high-end weapons will have one talent that is automatic and doesn't have a requirement.

Spear wrote: »
    He meant the weapon talents, and the skills value they need to be active.

I should've guessed that thanks. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Andrew76 wrote: »

Don't really have a solid progression plan other than to keep doing dailies/challenging (or attempting the latter) and increasing my DZ rankk - only 25 atm so everything still locked off from me in there. Might try that Madison Hospital glitch level see if I can get that working. The Police Station one where you can glitch through the front doors with the shield is another I do.
    I've sent a request on uplay. Maybe if at least two of us are capable the challenge missions will go faster :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

BeanbagJohnny, Mickeroo, someone else & myself did that the other day. Worked perfectly, the 4 guys went rogue, we killed them with ease. They came back for revenge, we killed them all again but this time they dropped a high end item the dopes :pac:

Yeah - that was me. Great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Dealing with a few rouges and in the next clip building up to manhunt status.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Dealing with a few rouges and in the next clip building up to manhunt status.

That was funny s**t :D

I think it was the next one on the roof where we cleaned up in Manhunt status but were eventually downed by about 10 guys coming up the ladder at the same time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

BKtje wrote: »
    I've sent a request on uplay. Maybe if at least two of us are capable the challenge missions will go faster :p

If you're doing a challenge mission and see me (as Ahriakin) on give me a shout if ye nay mind.... still haven't done one yet, my mates are still in the low 20s.

BKtje wrote: »
    _CreeD_ wrote: »
    If you're doing a challenge mission and see me (as Ahriakin) on give me a shout if ye nay mind.... still haven't done one yet, my mates are still in the low 20s.

Requests done. Should be on a little later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Crafted the high end Vector from the blueprint. Attached mods and its come in at just over 90k dos, not enough to outgun my 120k dps purple AUG, but still running with it anyways. I'm up to over 100k dps and 55k hp now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Myself and one of the lads went to do the Lemington centre mission on challengING yesterday with two others. They left half way through. We finished it with two of us. That was hard. Never again

Advertisement