Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Done the power point mission on challenging. First and last time I will be doing it I wanted to quit loads of times but felt after all that time it would be a waste. Finished it in the end but my God compared to the other 2 challenging missions I done this was on another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Done the power point mission on challenging. First and last time I will be doing it I wanted to quit loads of times but felt after all that time it would be a waste. Finished it in the end but my God compared to the other 2 challenging missions I done this was on another level.

In the middle of it now. It's a b××ch. never again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Special update about the incursions on the division Twitch channel later today.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/715207104118829056?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

8pm CET.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Burkie7 wrote: »

Just tried the napalm factory on challenging don't know if its harder but four of us randoms couldn't get in the front gate even..... Seriously we all just gave up. I was getting one shotted by the shotguners ever 20 seconds. We tried for about 15 mins to get past the gate and it failed us. Did Lexington last night and that was grand but this wow..

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Just tried the napalm factory on challenging don't know if its harder but four of us randoms couldn't get in the front gate even..... Seriously we all just gave up. I was getting one shotted by the shotguners ever 20 seconds. We tried for about 15 mins to get past the gate and it failed us. Did Lexington last night and that was grand but this wow..

Absolutely hate shotgunners on challenging..kept one shotting me and the group I was in when we were farming Hornet. Playing really defensive, hp station and all focusing on shotgunners first seemed to make mince of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Requests done. Should be on a little later. :)

I won't be on in the evening tonight. Training getting in the the way but should be around during the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

What stats would you expect a level 20 to have. Both Dps and health are circa 15k. Doing fine sticking to missions around my level rating but any higher and I'm dead real quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Would anyone be around tonight to give me a hand with the daily missions? I also want to finish side missions and collect intel for last 2 areas...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I honestly can't work out the Gear/Weapons/Increasing your DPS thing.

Reading on reddit, everyone was saying the first thing you need to do is buy the high end vector blue print, which I did. The DMG in it gives me less DMG than my Purple Aug.

Im sitting on about 80k DPS with all purple gear apart from one high end. Stamina also at 75 or something.

How in the hell do I increase my DPS? And why does everyone rave about the high end vector when its not even that good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

joe123 wrote: »

Reading on reddit, everyone was saying the first thing you need to do is buy the high end vector blue print, which I did. The DMG in it gives me less DMG than my Purple Aug.

Im sitting on about 80k DPS with all purple gear apart from one high end. Stamina also at 75 or something.

How in the hell do I increase my DPS? And why does everyone rave about the high end vector when its not even that good?

On the high end weapons don't you get 3 talents? They can make a big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Would anyone be around tonight to give me a hand with the daily missions? I also want to finish side missions and collect intel for last 2 areas...

I'll be on for a couple of hours later tonight and can help if you're on PC.

Equip gear that favours the Firearms stat (usually to the detriment of Stamina/Electronics). It helps if the gear has mod slots too - stick a Firearms mod in them. If they don't have a mod slot then you can reclibrate one of the existing stats to replace it with a mod slot.

I crafted a second Vector last night which gave me ever so slightly more DMG but more importantly the Talent requirements were lower (the Electronics requirement isn't a million miles away this time). Swapped around some gear and bumped by Primary DPS from 115k to 125k now. Health took a slight hit from 62k down to 60k. Other than 2 high end weapons I think I've only got a high end backpack and gloves, the rest purples.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What mods did you apply to it? What's your firearms skill like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The vector I have is the pretty good but the mag empties in about one or two seconds. Usually enough to kill whatever I'm pointing it at for normal ai.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Jayop wrote: »
    The vector I have is the pretty good but the mag empties in about one or two seconds. Usually enough to kill whatever I'm pointing it at for normal ai.
    You should push for lvl 50 in the dark zone and buy a Navy MP5 from the safehouse in DZ06.

Its something like 155 Phoenix credits with a 32 mag which can be doubled with a gold extended mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got the Vector yesterday. It's kind of frustrating trying to optimise your character. Equip one thing to get the DPS up, Health goes down meaning you lose talents on your primary, fiddle round some more to get health back up and the firearms rank goes down losing something on the DPS. Finally got everything as I wanted and I'm wearing blue gloves?

Coming from Destiny where it's just "equip gun - level goes up" I'm finding it difficult to adjust.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

We encountered a hacker lastnight with a speedhack,aimbot and wallhack, he was killing everyone in the dz when they were in different areas of the dz as in dz4 killed from dz 5 etc, totally infuriating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got the Vector yesterday. It's kind of frustrating trying to optimise your character. Equip one thing to get the DPS up, Health goes down meaning you lose talents on your primary, fiddle round some more to get health back up and the firearms rank goes down losing something on the DPS. Finally got everything as I wanted and I'm wearing blue gloves?

Coming from Destiny where it's just "equip gun - level goes up" I'm finding it difficult to adjust.

Division doesn't have classes, so the varying builds like these are they means to differentiate character to some degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Dcully wrote:
    We encountered a hacker lastnight with a speedhack,aimbot and wallhack, he was killing everyone in the dz when they were in different areas of the dz as in dz4 killed from dz 5 etc, totally infuriating.

One of the reasons I went with XB1 version over PC. I was anticipating hackers on this. Not the type of game you want to spend hours farming to get a nice gold drop in dz to have it stolen from you by some dick with paid hacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You should push for lvl 50 in the dark zone and buy a Navy MP5 from the safehouse in DZ06.

Its something like 155 Phoenix credits with a 32 mag which can be doubled with a gold extended mag.

EXACTLY what I am using. Better the the MIDAS and VECTOR had to roll it 6 times to get a good perk tree. But in the DZ when all others are reloading the VECTORS the MP5 is still going strong.

You can get a gold magazine that has 105% capacity and 30% crit hit damage. :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Dcully wrote: »

Terminator? Chuck Norris?

• Advertisement

I have the gold mag but it's nothing special on my vector. Only gave me an extra couple of bullets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Jayop wrote: »
    I have the gold mag but it's nothing special on my vector. Only gave me an extra couple of bullets.

What's the stats on it?

Craft another to see if you get better? It should give at least 100% extra magazine size doubling the amount of bullets in your gun.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    What's the stats on it?

Craft another to see if you get better? It should give at least 100% extra magazine size doubling the amount of bullets in your gun.

I'll check them when I get home.

I haven't the materials to craft another one. I'll have to work on that. Bah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

I'm the same my mag is the gold and extended by 93% and it only holds like 37 bullets in the clip.

Going to start going back to the dark zone now to get to level 50 to buy that blueprint now if its better than the vector.

https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame

Stream is up now talking about incursions.

* Incursion (Raid) gives better loot than what you find in the game.
    * The incursion is more difficult than challenging difficulty. There are 2 separate difficulties and appears to be 4 player only.
    * Gearsets.
    * Player loot trading under certain conditions. (Squad only)
    * Gearset score is used to calculate if you can play an incursion.
    * Dark Zone dailies and weekly missions. Rewards will be phoenix credits.

Seems all the farming is to be patched out tomorrow:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1424068-Changelog-April-1-2016-Maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame

Stream is up now talking about incursions.

* Incursion (Raid) gives better loot than what you find in the game.
    * The incursion is more difficult than challenging difficulty and appears to be 4 player only.
    * Gearsets.
    * Player loot trading under certain conditions. (Squad only)
    * Gearset score is used to calculate if you can play an incursion.
    * Dark Zone dailies and weekly missions. Rewards will be phoenix credits.

I think that's a terrible idea. It should give different loot that you can't get elsewhere, but not necessarily outright better. It means there'll be no reason to do anything else...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Spear wrote: »

For feck sake.... I've only just got 30 and didn't one chance to do a bit of farming, typical

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

I think that's a terrible idea. It should give different loot that you can't get elsewhere, but not necessarily outright better. It means there'll be no reason to do anything else...
    I'd say it will be balanced. Might not be as OP as you think.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Disappointing it's only 4 man squads.

Advertisement