Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Spear wrote: »

Doesn't mention the Police Station door glitch, wonder will that be gone too.
    I think that's a terrible idea. It should give different loot that you can't get elsewhere, but not necessarily outright better. It means there'll be no reason to do anything else...

But isn't Raid loot normally the best available in a game? If it wasn't then there's not much point in tackling something that's more difficult than challenge mode. By the sounds of it, the only folks who'll be elligible to do them (because of the required Gear score) have probably done everything else anyway.

Haven't watched the entire stream but Gear sets & set bonuses sound interesting. Gear score sounds a lot like Destiny's Light level too - a means of levelling without a new level cap.

Those DZ supply drops sound like they might be good fun and at least any item you might pick up is safe.

Limited Trading is good but it would be nice if they introduced a means to inspect another players weapons/gear.

I look forward to it anyway even if I won't be up to an Incursion - much harder than challenge mode sounds scary. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Finally got all my Agent Origins outfits today. The extra bit of ammo and the 7 medkits come in very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Doesn't mention the Police Station door glitch, wonder will that be gone too.

But isn't Raid loot normally the best available in a game? If it wasn't then there's not much point in tackling something that's more difficult than challenge mode. By the sounds of it, the only folks who'll be elligible to do them (because of the required Gear score) have probably done everything else anyway.

Haven't watched the entire stream but Gear sets & set bonuses sound interesting. Gear score sounds a lot like Destiny's Light level too - a means of levelling without a new level cap.

Those DZ supply drops sound like they might be good fun and at least any item you might pick up is safe.

Limited Trading is good but it would be nice if they introduced a means to inspect another players weapons/gear.

I look forward to it anyway even if I won't be up to an Incursion - much harder than challenge mode sounds scary. :eek:

from what i've been reading about it, hard mode 'falcon lost' is designed for people with a lot of high end gear ie: itemlevel 31 stuff
    the challenging mode for falcon lost is supposedly harder than that by far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

struggling to hit higher than 120k dps and 50k hp. Got lots of yellows and purples from the Hornet farm, but my purple AUG seems to still be my highest dps weapon.

I haven't been back in a week and nothing about what has been announced makes me want to go back. Better gear to do what with ? survive long enough to pump 500 extra rounds into sponges and nade spammers in the same dailys that will likely be adjusted accordingly :confused:

The end game is just far too shallow to keep anyone on the hamster wheel unless they go with new end game mats, dark zone levelling or level cap raising. Even then you are restricted too the base game content daily stuff and DZ and this one raid to achieve new milestones :confused:

I know , I know there is more planned but they really need to back to mmo school if thats how they plan to maintain the player base in the game? It's like they are going fro mmo casual player with it now and anyone who has done mmo knows this is probably a good thing in the sense you don't have to make the game a full time daily job but at the same time there just isn't enough for the moderate player if that makes sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I decided to chance my arm and matchmake with randoms for the DZ tonight and... it went surprisingly well. I should have tried that sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Just done the Russian consulate on challenging. Ended up doing the mission with 12 people. Went through quick enough but I say doing it with 4 is a pain as I struggled to get past the first section before

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just done the Russian consulate on challenging. Ended up doing the mission with 12 people. Went through quick enough but I say doing it with 4 is a pain as I struggled to get past the first section before

Yeah wasn't able to get it done tonight, those shotgunners upstairs were too tough. Think I'll stick to the daily hard and just rank up my DZ level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Finally got all my Agent Origins outfits today. The extra bit of ammo and the 7 medkits come in very handy.
    The backpacks are so low ranked. Is that where the extra ammo and medic packs come?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yeah wasn't able to get it done tonight, those shotgunners upstairs were too tough. Think I'll stick to the daily hard and just rank up my DZ level.

I absolutely detest them shotgun Sam fellas. 90percent of the reason why I die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I decided to chance my arm and matchmake with randoms for the DZ tonight and... it went surprisingly well. I should have tried that sooner.

You should have more faith in people :)

By and large my experience of the DZ has been positive. Whether it's really supposed to be like that is another argument but for the most part everyone is happy to join up, blap some NPCs and get the gear out.

I find running the loop in the DZ is nice and relaxing.

The backpacks are so low ranked. Is that where the extra ammo and medic packs come?

Yup just throw them on for a second each whilst restocking then switch back to your main backpack again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Just completed it on challenging it took me over three hours.... omg never again. Got to last last boss after two hours and then I fell out of the map arhhhh got sent back to the street out side, tried to run into the building and all the doors locked I nearly threw the controller through the TV. Texted one of the randoms on the team and he suggested to kill myself which I did and thankfully got back in pheww.

Then we killed the boss and you have to examine the body but the body was no where to be seen arhhhhh again so we all had to kill ourselves and do the final boss fight again. Was not happy...but I got threw it. I don't know is it worth it spending all that time on one challenge. They say these new raids are going to be harder,,,,, gulp

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

just one or two of us doing the Lexington center challenge mission :p

PWTWat0.jpg

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Just completed it on challenging it took me over three hours.... omg never again. Got to last last boss after two hours and then I fell out of the map arhhhh got sent back to the street out side, tried to run into the building and all the doors locked I nearly threw the controller through the TV. Texted one of the randoms on the team and he suggested to kill myself which I did and thankfully got back in pheww.

Then we killed the boss and you have to examine the body but the body was no where to be seen arhhhhh again so we all had to kill ourselves and do the final boss fight again. Was not happy...but I got threw it. I don't know is it worth it spending all that time on one challenge. They say these new raids are going to be harder,,,,, gulp
    It gets easier. We do that on challenging in about 15 minutes but God do I remember the first time we completed it on challenging. It took about 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It gets easier. We do that on challenging in about 15 minutes but God do I remember the first time we completed it on challenging. It took about 3 hours.

Compared to my first run last week 3 hours is rapid fast. I'm so traumatised I may never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Played a bit of the DZ last night to see what the fuss is about, you really do need some meaty weapons to get through it ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I started it last night with 3 randoms at about 10pm. It was 1 am when we got it finished! Had several glitches throughout including the enemies being able to down me but not kill me which was handy! One of the lads fell through the map in the final area, just walking along the left hand staircase and then he disappeared. Happened to be in the same place before.
    ECO_Mental wrote: »

We were the same last night, had all those glitches too.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Has the Marathon achievement popped for anyone?

I've definitely been to every safe house, but it hasn't popped for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

awec wrote: »
    Has the Marathon achievement popped for anyone?

I've definitely been to every safe house, but it hasn't popped for me.

It worked for me. Did you get the one to the north east of the DZ?

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    It worked for me. Did you get the one to the north east of the DZ?

Yep! Definitely been in them all.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did you try the old change account trick? It unlocked for me as soon as I unlocked my last safe house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Unlocked for me the other night where we killed the 3 lads extracting.

Just in case some peeps haven't noticed.

You run fast with your secondary equipped and you run even faster with your pistol equipped.

Just in case some peeps haven't noticed.

You run fast with your secondary equipped and you run even faster with your pistol equipped.

b5be253243b23720f9517e27e2f8ff0a4ddb9f1d3ab03c017ffb67b6b196be85.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    b5be253243b23720f9517e27e2f8ff0a4ddb9f1d3ab03c017ffb67b6b196be85.jpg

It's no word of a lie :P

Unlocked for me the other night where we killed the 3 lads extracting.

It doesn't include the dark zone safe houses, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It doesn't include the dark zone safe houses, right?

Correct

Edit: have you spoken to the officer and updated the map in all the safe houses and then went back to the jtf guy in the base?

Jayop wrote: »
    Correct

Edit: have you spoken to the officer and updated the map in all the safe houses and then went back to the jtf guy in the base?

Oh I dunno if I've gone back to the base after each one. I'll fast travel round them all tonight and see what the craic is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Oh I dunno if I've gone back to the base after each one. I'll fast travel round them all tonight and see what the craic is.

I'm not saying go back after each one. Just check that you've spoken to the jtf in each of them and updated the map. Then head back to the base once that's all done.

Might work.

Advertisement