Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The Aug is down as an SMG afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lol I rolled 3 times last night just for a mask and was still disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Jayop wrote: »
    Lol I rolled 3 times last night just for a mask and was still disappointed.
    Wait until you roll for something 10+ times :eek:

... and still don't get what you're looking for.
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The Aug is down as an SMG afaik.
    Ah, that explains that. At 4am the eyes weren't seeing too clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Myself and a friend were just dicking about in the DZ last night and I got my first high end weapon drop. A first wave M1A, which just so happens to be my main weapon. There literally could not have been a better drop for me. And get this, my mate, he got the Midas!

I think sometimes if you just chill out and enjoy the game, better things seem to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Quickest way to level up in the dark zone to get a team of 4 and just go around Dark Zone level 1 and 2 yes?

I'm level 37 Dark Zone so going to try and get up to 50 seems as you can get level 31 items from the DZ vendor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Quickest way to level up in the dark zone to get a team of 4 and just go around Dark Zone level 1 and 2 yes?

I'm level 37 Dark Zone so going to try and get up to 50 seems as you can get level 31 items from the DZ vendor.

Also try have as much xp boost perks on your gear as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lexington on Challenging with only 2 people.......stupid stupid stupid idea.

Completed it tho :pac:

12901528_1049961221709997_1689951778863664124_o.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Been playing the hell out of this with some gaming buddies all very decent gamers,we have all come to the conclusion maybe later than many others but we like to exhaust all avenues before coming to a conclusion but pvp is actually rubbish and totally imbalanced.
    Great idea but poorly implemented, it needs a huge amount of work to be anywhere near the polish and quality of the pve.
    I'm willing to give the devs time to achieve this as the game has massive potential both pvp and pve wise.

This video sums up my thoughts perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Lexington on Challenging with only 2 people.......stupid stupid stupid idea.

Completed it tho :pac:

12901528_1049961221709997_1689951778863664124_o.jpg

Actually tried to 2 man this the other day when the 3rd guy rage quit after he was rushing and kept getting downed :pac: only got as far as the first room where the 2 heavies come out

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Actually tried to 2 man this the other day when the 3rd guy rage quit after he was rushing and kept getting downed :pac: only got as far as the first room where the 2 heavies come out

Every room we ended up retreating as far back as possible, the rooftop was insane nowhere to hide up there. Died a lot up there.

Last part was a lot easier than I expected it to be, well worth it for the loot tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Every room we ended up retreating as far back as possible, the rooftop was insane nowhere to hide up there. Died a lot up there.

Last part was a lot easier than I expected it to be, well worth it for the loot tho.

Yup, I did it with a random. We retreated back to the staircase and he threw down a hp station, but they weren't coming up too close to the stairs. Eventually one chucked a nade and we were done for :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Got to do Lexington a could of days ago on challenging with a couple of randoms. It's was over in about 15mins :) these guys were serious operators we just rushed every boss it was a pleasure, compared to the 4 hour trauma I had in the Russian embassy the day before. Still have nightmares about that one....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Got to do Lexington a could of days ago on challenging with a couple of randoms. It's was over in about 15mins :) these guys were serious operators we just rushed every boss it was a pleasure, compared to the 4 hour trauma I had in the Russian embassy the day before. Still have nightmares about that one....

Same for a mission I did last night. The other 3 lads were Rambo's. We had the mission done in a flash and I didn't die once.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lexington Events and Lincoln Tunnel are considerably easier than Consulate/Power Station I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

The consulate has those two feckin' running shotgunners at the start, bad times

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hit 30 last night around midnight, and wasn't arsed trying the dailies.

Any tips for a newbie 30, head straight for the DZ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Vicxas wrote: »
    Hit 30 last night around midnight, and wasn't arsed trying the dailies.

Any tips for a newbie 30, head straight for the DZ?

What's your stats like? If you're struggling with the AI on the hard dailies, you'll struggle in the DZ too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Went into the subway down around DZ01 last night, found a boss who roasted my mate and almost mangled me, eventually managed to kill him and then find all the boxes.

Got that lot extracted, went back down after my friend caught up again and place was full of shotgunners and shield/axe guys. Friend gets killed again cos he runs off a different direction and I can't get to him.

Cue next 15 minutes of me fighting off enough bad guys for two people and running out of ammo in 4 guns trying to get my loot extracted.

Tense is not the word. Serious feeling of satisfaction when I pulled it off though. Also leveled up twice in that space of time (only level 18 in DZ now)

Thinking I might hang around there for a while cos I'm about half way through level 29 in normal game and don't want to hit level 30 until I have a matching DZ rank.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

went to go down there last night only to find you need filter level 4. looks like i'll need to level up a bit in the normal game and unlock some more of the medical wing, level 20 in both right now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Shame that most of the "HARDCORE HEROES" as in 4 tanked mongo's go rouge on extractions 1 & 2 to get the entry level lads not sure whats what.....then hide for 300 or so seconds rinse and repeat!!!

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Shame that most of the "HARDCORE HEROES" as in 4 tanked mongo's go rouge on extractions 1 & 2 to get the entry level lads not sure whats what.....then hide for 300 or so seconds rinse and repeat!!!

Go rogue on DZ 20's playing solo then run to DZ six to hide. Brilliant players.

I have some respect for people who go rogue in DZ 1/2 and hand around the extraction zone taking all comers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Still making my way through the campaign. Still thoroughly enjoying it.

I crafted an Enhanced ACR-E and equipped a few mods. When I fire it, there is complete silence, only the sounds of the shells hitting the ground! I've tried a couple of things like equipping, unequipping mods and it doesn't help. It is the only weapon that's doing it.

Any ideas?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Negative_G wrote: »

I crafted an Enhanced ACR-E and equipped a few mods. When I fire it, there is complete silence, only the sounds of the shells hitting the ground! I've tried a couple of things like equipping, unequipping mods and it doesn't help. It is the only weapon that's doing it.

Any ideas?

pretty sure i had the same thing, questioned whether the thing was even shooting at times. however it worked, put the bad guys down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Any ideas?
    Try verifying the files. click properties on the uplay screen before you load the game

mossym wrote: »
    pretty sure i had the same thing, questioned whether the thing was even shooting at times. however it worked, put the bad guys down

Same weapon? Its definitely firing but quite disconcerting and results in a lot of wasted rounds!

KilOit wrote: »
    Try verifying the files. click properties on the uplay screen before you load the game

Tried that, no joy.

Tried that, no joy.
    Whenever that happens I just reboot the game. That fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Lexington Events and Lincoln Tunnel are considerably easier than Consulate/Power Station I found.

I wish you had said this to me yesterday, decided again to try challenging and thinking that the only real hard one was the consulate I gave the Power station a go and OMG what a trauma again:( I find with randoms its takes a couple of go's especially the first wave for the team to get to know each other but after a couple of check points everything go ok. Anyway after about an hour an half got a good way into the mission two of the team decided to quit:mad: so the remaining dude had to go all the way back to the start and recruit two more dudes. These lads were ok and we got all the way to the final boss (the one where you can see him in the control room so we were 90% there but as ye might know they fling in I think 6 shotgunners so we were getting murdered. then these two new F**King guys decided to quit and me after spending I would say nearly three hours at it.......this was two in the morning now and two of us were never going to do it so we bailed. Very frustrating especially when you can see the end.

So moral of the story here do not do Russian consulate and Power station on challenging life if too short......

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I wish you had said this to me yesterday, decided again to try challenging and thinking that the only real hard one was the consulate I gave the Power station a go and OMG what a trauma again:( I find with randoms its takes a couple of go's especially the first wave for the team to get to know each other but after a couple of check points everything go ok. Anyway after about an hour an half got a good way into the mission two of the team decided to quit:mad: so the remaining dude had to go all the way back to the start and recruit two more dudes. These lads were ok and we got all the way to the final boss (the one where you can see him in the control room so we were 90% there but as ye might know they fling in I think 6 shotgunners so we were getting murdered. then these two new F**King guys decided to quit and me after spending I would say nearly three hours at it.......this was two in the morning now and two of us were never going to do it so we bailed. Very frustrating especially when you can see the end.

So moral of the story here do not do Russian consulate and Power station on challenging life if too short......
    Don't do them with randomers if possible.

Sticky grenade with the flash bang is your friend and should be to all your crew. Stops shotgunners enough to get the shots in.

Focus fire. Targets go down quickly when you all fire at the same target.

Make sure you have all gold armor with perks like elite damage and protection from elites.

Use water, explosive and incendiary rounds to increase your damage at the beginning of those missions.

• Advertisement

I'm down to an hour on average now for doing the 2 daily hards and the challenging with randomers each night. I'm actually now finding the challenging missions better to do because you don't find people trying to be hero's and racing ahead to do everything themselves. The challenging does require collaboration.

Advertisement