Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I think I've had to abandon one challenge mission in the last ten and that was only due to a guy disconnecting half way and the leader not queuing us or replying in general. Maybe pc is easier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

BKtje wrote: »
    I think I've had to abandon one challenge mission in the last ten and that was only due to a guy disconnecting half way and the leader not queuing us or replying in general. Maybe pc is easier?

I'm Xbone.

The only time I've quit is when we were in a party of 3 and we got to the rooftop in the one you come up the lift and we simply couldn't do it no matter what we tried. Have completed every other time that I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

The crafting changes are not good. The change only allows to bottleneck players.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The crafting changes are not good. The change only allows to bottleneck players.

Not sure what you mean by that emmet?

I like the looks of the changes. I think that the crafting was too easy to collect gold materials so players could reroll stuff as often as they liked. The key before the 12th is to craft as much high end materials as is humanly possible to give yourself a stock before those changes come in.

The incursions I really don't know what they are. I'm just assuming it's a normal mission harder than challenging?

Gear sets sound interesting. I'd love to get the Nomad set because I think anyone alone in the DZ is much too vulnerable and I'd hope that Nomad will give you a good boost when playing solo.

Trading is a bit meh. No-one I know is going to give away decent stuff too often as the new crafting rules mean the rewards for breaking down the items will outweigh the good feeling from sharing the gear.

Dark Zone supply drops should be good craic. I can imagine that's going to be rogue mayhem which is probably their goal.

Gear score is just another way of leveling up without actually leveling up so Meh to that too.

The camera and new weapons are welcome additions.

Bah, I use the turrets for that very reason although level 31/32 baddies take my turret down in a few seconds.

The lower rank for buying high end blueprints is good for me too as I'm only level 31/32 dz but in the long term it'll make little difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So I have till next Tuesday to collect as many crafting materials as I can.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So I have till next Tuesday to collect as many crafting materials as I can.

Pretty much. 15 blues for 1 gold sounds steep to me. Will be fun crafting 1 item at a time too. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Pretty much. 15 blues for 1 gold sounds steep to me. Will be fun crafting 1 item at a time too. :rolleyes:

Hold space bar and spam escape :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jayop wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by that emmet?

I like the looks of the changes. I think that the crafting was too easy to collect gold materials so players could reroll stuff as often as they liked. The key before the 12th is to craft as much high end materials as is humanly possible to give yourself a stock before those changes come in.

The incursions I really don't know what they are. I'm just assuming it's a normal mission harder than challenging?

Gear sets sound interesting. I'd love to get the Nomad set because I think anyone alone in the DZ is much too vulnerable and I'd hope that Nomad will give you a good boost when playing solo.

Trading is a bit meh. No-one I know is going to give away decent stuff too often as the new crafting rules mean the rewards for breaking down the items will outweigh the good feeling from sharing the gear.

Dark Zone supply drops should be good craic. I can imagine that's going to be rogue mayhem which is probably their goal.

Gear score is just another way of leveling up without actually leveling up so Meh to that too.

The camera and new weapons are welcome additions.

Bah, I use the turrets for that very reason although level 31/32 baddies take my turret down in a few seconds.

The lower rank for buying high end blueprints is good for me too as I'm only level 31/32 dz but in the long term it'll make little difference.

It's the same thing Bungie did with Destiny. They made the materials required for upgrading armour and weapons rarer and in turn created a bottleneck(had to play more/grind more to get the same material as before)to slow players down reaching max level.

Ah Ok. I didn't know what you meant by bottleneck.

They do need to put a "craft all" option in for the materials.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Hold space bar and spam escape :(

Pretty much what I've been doing alright.

Just noticed I've clocked up a little over 99 hrs with the game so far, that's a **** load for me. I'm guessing some of you chaps are well into the hundreds?
    Quite surprised the game turned out this good tbh, not without it's faults but it's seriously addictive.

Question for the DZ experts, when the rogue icon on your mini-map pulses, does it mean that player is relatively near? Always gets the heart going when I see it. :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pretty much what I've been doing alright.

Just noticed I've clocked up a little over 99 hrs with the game so far, that's a **** load for me. I'm guessing some of you chaps are well into the hundreds?
    Quite surprised the game turned out this good tbh, not without it's faults but it's seriously addictive.

Question for the DZ experts, when the rogue icon on your mini-map pulses, does it mean that player is relatively near? Always gets the heart going when I see it. :pac:

They could be anywhere on the map pretty much, if you open the full map and wait for another pulse you can see where exactly.

Had a nice run in the dz there alone. There was a pack of rogues the whole time buy dodged them to extract a few times. Stressful

This thing of arriving at a mission and the door or gate being locked does my nut. So much time wasting.

Jayop wrote: »
    This thing of arriving at a mission and the door or gate being locked does my nut. So much time wasting.

Happened to me last night too, had to leave group and match make again. Worked the second time thankfully but unfortunately I joined a group with a heavy breather with a cold. Could also hear the game through his speakers or something, was delighted when the mission was over - tks & leave group! :pac:

Didn't get a single piece of gear that was worth equiping either but at least the credits are building up. Whenever I reach dz lvl 50 I'll be able to afford some nice blueprints.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

was in the dz last night, solo, was in a fight with a group of purples when suddenly a bunch of yellows appeared. thought i was done for when two randoms in a group showed up and between us we took them out. they invited me to the group, joined, and we had a bit of fun going around.

that was until i was trying to extract. they stuck around to cover me, loads of bad dudes showed up, a few good guys, and a couple of rogues. rogues got taken out, big firefight. was coming out of cover to attach my extract, and a turret starts shooting me. so i shoot the thing, and next thing i'm told i've gone rogue. never hit a person, only shot the turret that i'm pretty sure was shooting me, but rogue i went, then some guy shoots me, takes my extract, and as my helicopter is hovering there extracts my stuff straight away.
    so question, can you go rogue from shooting a turret?

also, a very simple one that has been bugging me, if you and other players, in a group or random, take out baddies and they drop items or money, if one person hoovers up what they have dropped do the others get nothing? or does everyone get their own set of rewards/drops? few times when i've been random an others have shown up i've been reluctant to pick up the drops unless i'm sure i killed the person, but then it seems the others don't pick them up either so i was curious had they picked them up and what was left was "my share" so to speak

Negative_G wrote: »
    Same weapon? Its definitely firing but quite disconcerting and results in a lot of wasted rounds!

yeah i think so, not 100% but reasonably sure it was. i'm on an xbox though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Shout out to CDB-Whoop for giving me a dig out and dragging my Level 5 ass through the first missions!
    Gave me a good run through of the controls / matchmaking system too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Loot isn't shared so everyone gets different drops, unless it's another player you've killed then it's first to grab it gets it.

You will go rogue if you shoot a turret yes but the turret shouldn't be shooting you if you're not rogue.

Didn't get a single piece of gear that was worth equiping either but at least the credits are building up. Whenever I reach dz lvl 50 I'll be able to afford some nice blueprints.

Wonda posted the new patch notes above and you'll no longer need phoenix credits for lvl 50 stuff.

Also for whoever asked above, loot that drops from a kill is personal. Public loot that drops from your body in the Dz is open to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Happened to me last night too, had to leave group and match make again. Worked the second time thankfully but unfortunately I joined a group with a heavy breather with a cold. Could also hear the game through his speakers or something, was delighted when the mission was over - tks & leave group! :pac:

You can go into the menu, into group, select a player and mute them. :P It can't erase your suffering, but it can save you from having to endure it again.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Loot isn't shared so everyone gets different drops, unless it's another player you've killed then it's first to grab it gets it.

You will go rogue if you shoot a turret yes but the turret shouldn't be shooting you if you're not rogue.

cheers. feck, have left stuff lying there as i didn't want to be greedy, will know better in future.

the turret was definitely shooting me, and was showing up as red when i shot it. if it had been put down by a rogue, and then they died, would it have reverted to non rogue while i was shooting? thought it would have disappeared

not a big deal anyway, it was more the fact that it probably put the two randoms i was in a group with into rogue status that was bothering me

mossym wrote: »
    cheers. feck, have left stuff lying there as i didn't want to be greedy, will know better in future.

the turret was definitely shooting me, and was showing up as red when i shot it. if it had been put down by a rogue, and then they died, would it have reverted to non rogue while i was shooting? thought it would have disappeared

not a big deal anyway, it was more the fact that it probably put the two randoms i was in a group with into rogue status that was bothering me

If it was red then that's very strange, the game still has a lot of bugs do who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

mossym wrote: »

Tbh, it sounds like one of the randoms you were grouped with sent you all rogue and blamed you so his mate didn't give him shtick for it. I'm not saying I've done that before myself..... But sorry Dave and Foxer :pac:

Tbh, it sounds like one of the randoms you were grouped with sent you all rogue and blamed you so his mate didn't give him shtick for it. I'm not saying I've done that before myself..... But sorry Dave and Foxer :pac:

ah, that hadn't occured to me. could be .neither of them blamed me, once i died it was well past my bedtime so logged off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Someone on here had complaints about stuttering in the dark zone, I had it last night for the first time, tried changing instance and it still didnt sort it.

didn't affect me too much but wondering if its a common complaint?

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Someone on here had complaints about stuttering in the dark zone, I had it last night for the first time, tried changing instance and it still didnt sort it.

didn't affect me too much but wondering if its a common complaint?

You mean every 10 seconds or so when there's like a split-second freeze?

That happens to everyone, you can't fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Is it better to go into the dark zone at level 29 or level 30 if your DZ level is a bit below (19)?

Are the red turrets not ai ones?

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    You mean every 10 seconds or so when there's like a split-second freeze?

That happens to everyone, you can't fix it.
    I guess I get a different issue which sounds similar. A restart of the game usually fixes it for me and it only seems to happen after doing a challenge mode etc.

Advertisement