Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Is it better to go into the dark zone at level 29 or level 30 if your DZ level is a bit below (19)?

Much better to go into the DZ at in game 29, so the AI will not spawn at top level. They will be 25 to 29, once you hit 30 everything is high level 30+.

So stay in game 29 with as good as gear as you can and farm like mad before the new patch is out. Do not sell a thing DECONSTRUCT like a mofo and stock pile the greens and blues and purples!

awec wrote: »
    You mean every 10 seconds or so when there's like a split-second freeze?

That happens to everyone, you can't fix it.

It happens to me but far from every 10 secs....its like once an hour or so. Then its like a fast forward for 2 secs and gone.

Id say deffo server side problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    It happens to me but far from every 10 secs....its like once an hour or so. Then its like a fast forward for 2 secs and gone.

Id say deffo server side problem.

Same as. I get it the odd time and once I had it solid for about 2 minutes jumping around.

Stubbled across this today lads....looks the part. Loads of different ones available.....anyone use them before?

http://shop22.club/index.php/product/the-division-skin-for-playstation-4/

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Nebaw

mossym wrote: »
    ah, that hadn't occured to me. could be .neither of them blamed me, once i died it was well past my bedtime so logged off.

Yeah it sounds like they sent you rogue, one of the lads is notorious for doing that to us and its how i lost my first ever high end!

• Advertisement

I was trying to be a smart arse last night and pulled both my vectors into slot one and two but didn't realise that I would have only one set of ammo for both. I had my second as purple assault rifle with over 100k dps, only about 10k below my vector but it was worse than useless really. I'd never be able to kill any high level AI with it. Regardless of DPS the gold stuff seems to have much more stopping power.

I went then and bought the blueprint for the high end marksman rifle and scope from the special gear vendor in the Base and when I modded it I got up to over 100k dps. Only tried it out on the level 25 AI around the base running around for 10 minutes but it's one shot killing them all with a head shot. I'll have a try in the DZ and hard missions tonight to see what it's like. I've never been any use on the sniper rifles in any games I've played so I intend to use this as much as is humanly possible to get better at it.

Also did big amount of messing around with my gear last night. Didn't really change my stats too much but managed to get my skill points up so that I have most of the special abilities for my weapons. Very happy.

Still haven't managed to get a Gold holster. It's the only gold I'm missing now and it's bugging the ****e out of me. Maybe when the trades come in I'll get one that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Much better to go into the DZ at in game 29, so the AI will not spawn at top level. They will be 25 to 29, once you hit 30 everything is high level 30+.

So stay in game 29 with as good as gear as you can and farm like mad before the new patch is out. Do not sell a thing DECONSTRUCT like a mofo and stock pile the greens and blues and purples!
    Perfect, I never sell anyway I always deconstruct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Perfect, I never sell anyway I always deconstruct :)

Transfer them all to High end before the patch, don't keep blue and green mats

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Nebaw

Whats the quickest way to rank up in the DZ? Boss's?

KilOit wrote: »
    Transfer them all to High end before the patch, don't keep blue and green mats

I craft all my gear up to gold at the end of every session now after not having done it once for ages and realising I had hundreds of green and blue items that all had to be crafted up. Usually I'll end a session with between 25/35 of each item to be crafted so a few minutes gets them worked up to gold each time.

• Advertisement

Nebaw wrote: »
    Whats the quickest way to rank up in the DZ? Boss's?

Everything really. If you're in a group then killing the big bosses (make sure you get a shot at them before they die because I think that effects the ranking score), kill as many AI as you can and extract as much as possible. Basically make the most of your time there and don't just run around dodging things.

Obviously if you can either survive rogue/manhunt or kill rogues/manhunts then you get even more score but I just find that side of it a bit of a drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Anyone else not able to get in on PC at all? Keep getting Delta 20000988 today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Game is broken, hovering over stats they change constantly without even changing gear.

@ Noxin was getting that yesterday.

A quick one, when I get to DZ 50 and get blueprints can I only craft those with the division tech I find in the DZ or can I use the normal materials I get from breaking down items that I find doing missions and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Dcully wrote: »
    Game is broken, hovering over stats they change constantly without even changing gear.

Has that not something to do with having a secondary gun equipped?

I thought the switching was just a preview of what DPS you have with your primary equipped

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Jayop wrote: »
    A quick one, when I get to DZ 50 and get blueprints can I only craft those with the division tech I find in the DZ or can I use the normal materials I get from breaking down items that I find doing missions and stuff?

Unfortunately...both. DZ blueprints require materials AND Gold Division tech (the green/blues are useless in this regard, they can only be used as neutrals to craft standard materials). It's one of the earliest and most grievous crafting issues.

Also not all BPs are for level 31 gear. In the DZ you're pretty much limited to the vendor in DZ06 for that. Whatever about spending PCredits on lvl 30s in the main area do not waste it on the same in the DZ, keep them for Lvl 31 blueprint crafting only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Okay, I've pretty much solo'd to DZ Rank 53 so far (and about 15 on an Alt I setup for a friend's run). I've enjoyed it mostly so I'm not adverse to the PvP element or the tension soloing brings but I've noticed 2 things in the last week, the general population in the DZ is steadily shrinking (I'd say roughly it's at about 50% now vs. the first few weeks) and the ratio of rogues has massively increased. I mean not the obvious you'd expect since the last patch but to a ridiculous level. I was just in an instance with 4 rogue groups roaming around. 4. Out of what, a 30 man or so instance? And considering I saw 2 other players in about 15 mins in there it wasn't even that. That's not even worth playing solo, there's no tension since there is no chance you can engage them without being massively outnumbered or stick to AIs and play cat an mouse since one or 2 of those groups will hear it and shoot you in the back.
    I sat there looking at the map for a min or 2 trying to find the old motivation to work through it and then just thought fk it, that was not even remotely fun. I lived, woohoo, the DZ was in reality a Dead Zone.
    I do want dedicated PvP in this game, I want assaults and rush style engagements but the DZ is not remotely fun any more, tense yes but to far gone now to be worth the time imho. And apparently a lot of the playerbase have abandoned it for the same reason.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

enjoyable tension in the DZ last night. was playing normal game and tooke me way longer to clear a sub mission than it should have, died a bunch of times. so slipped into the deadzone for 15 minutes at the end. immediately noticed a bunch of rogues roaming around, most in groups. picked off a few baddies, and next thing got a few purples i wanted as drops, so had a nice bunch to try and extract, but bloody rogues everywhere. crept up the extraction, waited till it seemd quite. called in the extract. could see hte red dots of the rogues all over the place, was waiting for one of them to arrive but got away with it, not even a baddy showed up and i got my nice haul out . think that's the beauty of the DZ, the nervousness it can cause which you just don't get from simple pvp.

another question today. when i look at my map, any unplayed missions usually show up with a beam of light coming up out of them to show them as unplayed. however, the lincoln tunnel mission still has that as well, i've played it twice now to try and get it to go away, but it is still there. the beam is gone from every other mission i have played, and when i select it the status shows completed. is there any specific reason for this or can i safely ignore it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Okay, I've pretty much solo'd to DZ Rank 53 so far (and about 15 on an Alt I setup for a friend's run). I've enjoyed it mostly so I'm not adverse to the PvP element or the tension soloing brings but I've noticed 2 things in the last week, the general population in the DZ is steadily shrinking (I'd say roughly it's at about 50% now vs. the first few weeks) and the ratio of rogues has massively increased. I mean not the obvious you'd expect since the last patch but to a ridiculous level. I was just in an instance with 4 rogue groups roaming around. 4. Out of what, a 30 man or so instance? And considering I saw 2 other players in about 15 mins in there it wasn't even that. That's not even worth playing solo, there's no tension since there is no chance you can engage them without being massively outnumbered or stick to AIs and play cat an mouse since one or 2 of those groups will hear it and shoot you in the back.
    I sat there looking at the map for a min or 2 trying to find the old motivation to work through it and then just thought fk it, that was not even remotely fun. I lived, woohoo, the DZ was in reality a Dead Zone.
    I do want dedicated PvP in this game, I want assaults and rush style engagements but the DZ is not remotely fun any more, tense yes but to far gone now to be worth the time imho. And apparently a lot of the playerbase have abandoned it for the same reason.

I mostly play on my own as well, and it's gotten to the stage where if I see a group near me now, I know I'm dead. There's even groups who split up. You'll see one guy on his own who will start following you. A few minutes later his buddies show up and shoot you in the back.
    I've generally not even been bothering to extract anymore unless I get something really good, just want the XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

mossym wrote: »
    another question today. when i look at my map, any unplayed missions usually show up with a beam of light coming up out of them to show them as unplayed. however, the lincoln tunnel mission still has that as well, i've played it twice now to try and get it to go away, but it is still there. the beam is gone from every other mission i have played, and when i select it the status shows completed. is there any specific reason for this or can i safely ignore it?

The beam of light highlights the daily missions. Should be 3 per day, 2 hard and one challenging. Today you should be seeing beams on Russian Consulate, Queens Tunnel camp and Warrengate (challenging).

• Advertisement

nocal wrote: »
    The beam of light highlights the daily missions. Should be 3 per day, 2 hard and one challenging. Today you should be seeing beams on Russian Consulate, Queens Tunnel camp and Warrengate (challenging).

ah right, every time i looked it was on the Lincoln tunnel but must have been mistaken. cheers

do the daily missions show up even if you are not at level 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Nope they should only show up at 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Was in DZ last night for 2 hours and didn't come across one human player - bit disappointing and hints of boredom starting to creep in with the game. Took me an hour to extract my stuff too, constant stream of NPC's coming at me while I was hiding out waiting for the opportunity to extract. There was loot everywhere given I had to keep killing the sons of bitches. All of it sh1t.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jayop wrote: »
    _CreeD_ wrote: »
    Unfortunately...both. DZ blueprints require materials AND Gold Division tech (the green/blues are useless in this regard, they can only be used as neutrals to craft standard materials). It's one of the earliest and most grievous crafting issues.

Also not all BPs are for level 31 gear. In the DZ you're pretty much limited to the vendor in DZ06 for that. Whatever about spending PCredits on lvl 30s in the main area do not waste it on the same in the DZ, keep them for Lvl 31 blueprint crafting only.

Hopfully the Division Tech requirements won't be as bad after the update next week. One of the notes for it mentioned:
    Removed Division Tech requirements from some level 31 High-End Blueprints

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Finding myself abandoned in the DZ after picking up the midas and another high end item was tense yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

With the upcoming changes I guess that should help.

Most of the rogue player groups have high end gear so new people will be encouraged to go in at fresh 30 as they will be in a different instance.

I am a solo player as well on PS4, but after the new patch next Tuesday with the big item drops with no need for extraction you would be pretty stupid to solo in the dark zone over gear level 160 as everyone will be in a group looking for the free loot drops.

Also with the last part of the expansion you will need a squad/guild anyway in the dark zone so bite the bullet now and get one, it is meant to be an MMO anyway.

nocal wrote: »
    Nope they should only show up at 30.

not that so, i'm not at level 30

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Keyzer wrote: »
    Was in DZ last night for 2 hours and didn't come across one human player - bit disappointing and hints of boredom starting to creep in with the game. Took me an hour to extract my stuff too, constant stream of NPC's coming at me while I was hiding out waiting for the opportunity to extract. There was loot everywhere given I had to keep killing the sons of bitches. All of it sh1t.

Really really dont get this. The matchmaking in this game is excellent, just go to your map, matchmake for the darkzone and it will put you in a group of 4. You level up quicker and it doesn't take you an hour to extract loot!

Thats just insane like!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

joe123 wrote: »
    Really really dont get this. The matchmaking in this game is excellent, just go to your map, matchmake for the darkzone and it will put you in a group of 4. You level up quicker and it doesn't take you an hour to extract loot!

Thats just insane like!

Didn't even know you could do that until I got out of the darkzone !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've had lots of fun in the DZ grouping with randoms. Would recommend.

It's actually really surprising how non-annoying my experiences with randomers have been in this.

Advertisement