Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    My wife is a division widow atm....

Mine complains if I send Division Miss Enfilade out with out her pink jacket :(

Game seems to weirdly unequip it on my character.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Andrew76 wrote:
    No worries, I'm just messing about with gear, see if I can bump the dps and health. Then best go say hello to the missus.

Got a great gear drop from the Lincoln Tunnel today which really bumped up my stats. First time I've got anything decent despite doing loads of challenge missions every day.

I'll be on at some stage tomorrow so if you see me give me shout and we'll head in. I went solo tonight for a small bit but I can't stand the fear when alone :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

superg wrote: »
    Got a great gear drop from the Lincoln Tunnel today which really bumped up my stats. First time I've got anything decent despite doing loads of challenge missions every day.

I'll be on at some stage tomorrow so if you see me give me shout and we'll head in. I went solo tonight for a small bit but I can't stand the fear when alone :D.

I'm up for it too. If I'm online, give me a shout! Uplay: AParty

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice one! Been quite a while since I've had a useful drop that wasn't way too imbalanced.

Made some changes to my gear last night and spent some credits re-rolling one of my high end items to get crit dmg on it. Health dropped by 3k to 55k but dps up from 138k to 163k. It bumped damage mitigation up a little to 50% also, so happy out with that. Would like to get the health back closer to 70k and I'd be delighted - I feel way too vulnerable with those charging shot-gunners in challenging missions.

Also, I only realised last night I had to scroll down the Material Conversion section to be able to convert greens into blues! :o So spent about 5 minutes spamming ESC converting all the greens I had. :pac:
    I went solo tonight for a small bit but I can't stand the fear when alone :D.

I know that feeling. Every time I see a rogue icon popup on the radar I keep thinking he/she is just around the corner. But looking on the map they're usually miles away. Need to start venturing further north too, get out of my comfort zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone else not seeing any dailies today?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone else not seeing any dailies today?

They're known to be broken today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

guys bit of advice. level 24 in the open world. 25 in the dz. been avoiding going any further on any of the missions as it will move me into the next bracket in the dz, so have been trying to get to level 30 there first so can access the vendor.

right move or should i level up outside the dz? especially given the patch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nice one! Been quite a while since I've had a useful drop that wasn't way too imbalanced.

Made some changes to my gear last night and spent some credits re-rolling one of my high end items to get crit dmg on it. Health dropped by 3k to 55k but dps up from 138k to 163k. It bumped damage mitigation up a little to 50% also, so happy out with that. Would like to get the health back closer to 70k and I'd be delighted - I feel way too vulnerable with those charging shot-gunners in challenging missions.

Also, I only realised last night I had to scroll down the Material Conversion section to be able to convert greens into blues! :o So spent about 5 minutes spamming ESC converting all the greens I had. :pac:

I know that feeling. Every time I see a rogue icon popup on the radar I keep thinking he/she is just around the corner. But looking on the map they're usually miles away. Need to start venturing further north too, get out of my comfort zone.

Any time I roll a bit of gear it only offers me a boost in firearms, stamina or electronics and it loses all the other perks it has so the gear always ends up far worse than when I started! Am I doing it wrong?

I'll be online around 6 this evening I reckon. Still painting:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

mossym wrote: »
    guys bit of advice. level 24 in the open world. 25 in the dz. been avoiding going any further on any of the missions as it will move me into the next bracket in the dz, so have been trying to get to level 30 there first so can access the vendor.

right move or should i level up outside the dz? especially given the patch

get to level 30 fast and start getting phoenix credits . some raids are level 31 only and you'll be well behind

Any time I roll a bit of gear it only offers me a boost in firearms, stamina or electronics and it loses all the other perks it has so the gear always ends up far worse than when I started! Am I doing it wrong?

I'll be online around 6 this evening I reckon. Still painting:mad:

Yeah it's not too often you'll get gear that improves more than one of the main stats. Having said that, there's a good high end holster for sale in the Tech wing (up the stairs and to the left) that was an improvement for me across all 3. Think there's 2 holsters, I went for the Operator one. Costs 90 odd credits I think, wasn't a huge improvement for me but worth it I thought - the cost of a few daily challenging missions. Perk is something like any damage taken during cover to cover is regained in 5 seconds when you reach the second cover - might be useful.

I'm still wearing some purples, they're cheaper to re-roll stats on too. :)

Won't be on til a little later maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Blazer wrote: »
    get to level 30 fast and start getting phoenix credits . some raids are level 31 only and you'll be well behind

30 in the normal missions i guess for phoenix credits?

mossym wrote: »
    30 in the normal missions i guess for phoenix credits?

Yes. Once you hit 30 the daily missions will open up giving you the credits.

Edit: You were right Dcully - something wrong with the dailies not appearing: link

Spear wrote: »
    They're known to be broken today.

They will remain so until tuesday I think, can't find it now but I was reading earlier someone extracted the archives and showed them containing the scheduled daily missions and they ran out today, and speculated that the plan was to have incursions out last week and for the daily schedule to be updated with that maintenance.

Bit of an oversight from Massive there if that proves to be correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

http://divisionfieldguide.com/post/2016/04/why-no-dailies-massive/

Worse than you might think...Very amateurish on Massive's part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

My buddy got a double gold drop in the sports Store today. Jammy fecker gets gold constantly in the dz. I've still not git one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It seems the dailies were hard coded into the game, and weren't being decided on the server. A very stupid error to make.

Wow thats just lazy, and dumb.

Wow thats just lazy, and dumb.

Not even lazy just stupid for an online only game to code that kind of thing client side so that it would need an update to change. Maybe there is a good reason but I can't see it.

I know it's not the same but I recall Borderlands 2 where they could make adjustments and hotfixes and push them out as temporary fixes or changes until the next forced client patch so anyone logging in online would be forced to play by the new rules or have to play offline. So it's not a new concept. The failure here is a rookie mistake from the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just converted about 600-700 materials to high-end :pac: have very little division tech tho for the DZ high end materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just converted about 600-700 materials to high-end :pac: have very little division tech tho for the DZ high end materials.

That's a farce of a system... only being able to convert one item at a time.

I've been holding out assuming they'd allow mass conversion however with the upcoming changes to crafting I assume it makes more sense now to bite the bullet and convert everything to high end so I get the most mats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i did the same the other day, it's a stupid system, at the very least there should have been an option to convert all to the next tier upgrade so ye could just leave it converting but no.. one at a time!

I boosted two mates after i'd hit 30 and basically sharded all the crap i got, so i'd almost a thousand green fabric, and tonnes of electronics and weapon parts lol

The conversion rates in the new patch are awful though so it probably was worth my while doing that

The grind from DZ level 15 to 30 is a nightmare so far. Mobs are few and far between and drops are pretty cat at the minute.

Thinking about just swallowing my fear and heading for DZ3.

Massive have now conceded that they can't return the dailies until the new patch:

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/719089651571695616
    https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/719089739001962496

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The grind from DZ level 15 to 30 is a nightmare so far. Mobs are few and far between and drops are pretty cat at the minute.

I went straight to DZ 4-6 solo with +70% xp on kill gear and ranked up in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't think I've ever been in DZ1-2 always 3/4 and the odd venture into 5/6

Dcully wrote: »
    I went straight to DZ 4-6 solo with +70% xp on kill gear and ranked up in no time.

Can you remember what your DPS was?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Can you remember what your DPS was?

Yeah it was about 110k dps but I stacked on stamina to get over 80k health.
    I'm now at 174k dps and 64k health.
    Guy we play with is rocking 230k dps and 85k health :eek:

Remember the stated dps isn't gospel, go with your damage per round X RPM X Mag size then factor in crit chance,crit damage etc.

Better explained here and a good read too.

http://www.thedivisionforums.com/topic/2003-damage-you/

Feel free to add me Damien-D-Alien

F*************************CKING HACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all..... sighs......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I am not too bothered about DPS, the talents/buffs on your weapons do more than enough.

Vector (130K DPS with 10.2k Damage) with Fierce and Deadly and 50%+ critical damage along with the buffs from my gear and weapon mods. I can melt level 31 lads with half a clip.

Reckon with 3 more gold items on it and I will melt 32 lads.

The bleedin grind to get gold **** is a tad annoying. have yet to get one single gold item in DZ.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say they're common but around the mid zone if you run sports store, library, refueling and just to the north the unmarked spot with a boss get drops every now and then.

Happy days. Was settling in for some space/esc material converting boredom and then I realised. Canis you idiot, you own a Logitech gaming keyboard. Two seconds later and I've now got a key press macro running that's doing all the button pressing for me. I just have to wait whilst watching a video.

Advertisement