Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I am not too bothered about DPS, the talents/buffs on your weapons do more than enough.

Vector (130K DPS with 10.2k Damage) with Fierce and Deadly and 50%+ critical damage along with the buffs from my gear and weapon mods. I can melt level 31 lads with half a clip.

Reckon with 3 more gold items on it and I will melt 32 lads.

The bleedin grind to get gold **** is a tad annoying. have yet to get one single gold item in DZ.

Midas dropped for me during a short dz run last night. Not sure it's as good as my current vector but I was delighted all the same!

The gold grind more annoying for ya when that German chap we ran with had them dropping every few minutes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Midas dropped for me during a short dz run last night. Not sure it's as good as my current vector but I was delighted all the same!

The gold grind more annoying for ya when that German chap we ran with had them dropping every few minutes. :pac:

I dont see any difference between 0% scavenging and 100% scavenging, does that even work ?

I dont see any difference between 0% scavenging and 100% scavenging, does that even work ?

Honestly no idea. Hopefully more than a placebo effect, think mine is around 70 odd percent. Ah it was dcully i ran with that time actually, d'oh!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I am not too bothered about DPS, the talents/buffs on your weapons do more than enough.

Vector (130K DPS with 10.2k Damage) with Fierce and Deadly and 50%+ critical damage along with the buffs from my gear and weapon mods. I can melt level 31 lads with half a clip.

Reckon with 3 more gold items on it and I will melt 32 lads.

The bleedin grind to get gold **** is a tad annoying. have yet to get one single gold item in DZ.

What's your scavenging stat at? I rerolled some of my gear for scavenging and went from under 50% to 150%, I ended up getting several gold drops per sitting after that. Sounds like it will be fairly irrelevant after the update though.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What's your scavenging stat at? I rerolled some of my gear for scavenging and went from under 50% to 150%, I ended up getting several gold drops per sitting after that. Sounds like it will be fairly irrelevant after the update though.

Not so sure, I'm guessing it might give you a better chance of additional high end drops on top of the the guaranteed one. The Nomad gear set has a +50% scavenging bonus too.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »

It was 100% for a while now its 15%, didnt seem to have an effect on anything tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Had anyone gotten any yellow drops from the police academy mission glitch?

DeSelby83 wrote: »

You mean the door glitch? Not a single one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Never got online last night. Hope to be in the DZ this evening if anybody is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Andrew76 wrote: »
    You mean the door glitch? Not a single one.

I have got one....and done it about 20 times!!!!

Have my man at 205DPS and 59HP, and my all round 188DPS 105HP which I rock most of the time.

If I am in the DZ with mates I rock the high DPS and mince the rogues while my mates soak up the bullets lol. I tend to stand to the side and not get hit.....:P:P

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have got one....and done it about 20 times!!!!

Have my man at 205DPS and 59HP, and my all round 188DPS 105HP which I rock most of the time.

If I am in the DZ with mates I rock the high DPS and mince the rogues while my mates soak up the bullets lol. I tend to stand to the side and not get hit.....:P:P

A glass canon as they say. Not one I'd want to stand in front of though! Your all round is savage too. Nicely done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I was in the DZ with a dude tonight who had 240k and 100k! He was mincing lads all night. Insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Have they made Lexington harder? Couldn't get out of the lift tonight when you get on to the roof. They all seemed to rush the lift couldn't get past it..... Normally its a breeze (well sort of)

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

DeSelby83 wrote: »

I had one once, a nice holster that I still use. I've run it a lot since and nothing.

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Have they made Lexington harder? Couldn't get out of the lift tonight when you get on to the roof. They all seemed to rush the lift couldn't get past it..... Normally its a breeze (well sort of)

Don't think they've made any changes. Maybe it was just the group? Always helps if someone pops survivor link if some people are a bit squishy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Paired up with a random last night, turned out to be a decent player and we did a fair bit of cleaning up. only playing DZ01/02 though. one thing i noticed is that when i open crates, they are usually blue items, but every time he opened a crate they were purple, and i managed to get a load of purples while we were playing, i presume he had scavenging up pretty high

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

has the new patch gone live yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

has the new patch gone live yet?
    The patch is released on Tuesday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

The patch is released on Tuesday.

thankfully. got worried there for a second, have a ton of conversion of materials to gold to do tonight in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

mossym wrote: »
    thankfully. got worried there for a second, have a ton of conversion of materials to gold to do tonight in advance.

Oh i forgot about that, They double after the update right ?

• Advertisement

ECO_Mental wrote: »

You can stay in the lift and shoot out and they wont shoot back at you.

Found that out by accident.

It was 100% for a while now its 15%, didnt seem to have an effect on anything tbh.

I dropped scavenging by 75% to equip a gold item. It made a run in the DZ a lot less profitable. Ironically my first boss dropped a gold but after that the number of purples of ordinary mobs dropped drastically and blues started making more of an appearance.

You can stay in the lift and shoot out and they wont shoot back at you.

Found that out by accident.

Yeah that didn't work last night they were lobbing nades into the lift yesterday so there was no escape. Just completed it there again with another bunch and it went pretty ok, you get a gold gear item drop and 30 phoenix credits so I migh have another hop again. Lexington is defo worth the effort atm the easiest of the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Odarallo09

Hi there guys, was wondering is there many people currently playing the PC version? I'm looking for someone to group up and do DZ and missions.

Cheers Oda

Maysa07 wrote: »
    Oh i forgot about that, They double after the update right ?

Green to blue will double, blue to gold will triple. So definitely convert everything you have tonight.
    Odarallo09 wrote: »
    Hi there guys, was wondering is there many people currently playing the PC version? I'm looking for someone to group up and do DZ and missions.

Cheers Oda

There's a few of us playing on PC alright, check out the Division thread over in PC Games for IDs. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

We chased 2 rogues who were acting dicks to single players last night half way around the DZ for them to go to the little spot in DZ1 that's right beside an entrance where you can climb the ladder and defend yourself from there. It's a dead end so there being four of us we said we'd risk going up and taking them out. They were manhunt at this stage. Up we went only to find the bastards had glitched in behind the wall and stayed there till their manhunt ran out and then just logged out.

We recorded it so we have their gamertags but is there anything that can be done? I hate cheaters in games, especially those who were bullying single players.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Jayop wrote: »
    We chased 2 rogues who were acting dicks to single players last night half way around the DZ for them to go to the little spot in DZ1 that's right beside an entrance where you can climb the ladder and defend yourself from there. It's a dead end so there being four of us we said we'd risk going up and taking them out. They were manhunt at this stage. Up we went only to find the bastards had glitched in behind the wall and stayed there till their manhunt ran out and then just logged out.

We recorded it so we have their gamertags but is there anything that can be done? I hate cheaters in games, especially those who were bullying single players.

Came across a bunch of rogue's in that spot a could of days ago as well They were manhunt as well, they were at least 5-7 other guys trying to blast them out it but to no avail. Gave it go myself but they killed me straight away (only lv21 dz) so I left em at it... Better off up there stuck fighting other agents than trying to rob my gear at the extraction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Just started playing (well, level 18). Is it just me or have ubisoft actually made a decent game? Really enjoying it so far, the dynamic element means I think it'll have a longer shelf life than destiny. Game play is really fluid yet loads of thought required to defeat harder bads.

I haven't done the DZ yet... What's the craic, is it a case of you die you lose all your gear? So should I go in with my 2nd best gear and keep the good stuff in my stash?

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Just started playing (well, level 18). Is it just me or have ubisoft actually made a decent game? Really enjoying it so far, the dynamic element means I think it'll have a longer shelf life than destiny. Game play is really fluid yet loads of thought required to defeat harder bads.

I haven't done the DZ yet... What's the craic, is it a case of you die you lose all your gear? So should I go in with my 2nd best gear and keep the good stuff in my stash?

Go in once you hit 19 but before 20, even now at 18 I'd say you'd do ok at the bottom end of it. You can only lose anything you pick up in there if you die before extracting it via the helicopter not the gear you go in with.

Advertisement