Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Came across a bunch of rogue's in that spot a could of days ago as well They were manhunt as well, they were at least 5-7 other guys trying to blast them out it but to no avail. Gave it go myself but they killed me straight away (only lv21 dz) so I left em at it... Better off up there stuck fighting other agents than trying to rob my gear at the extraction :)

My mates are obsessed with rogue hunting. Barely ever go rogue themselves and won't even kill rogues who go accidentally in cross fire. However they'll run the entire map several times after guys to get the shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

At my level I am skulking in the corner, rogue hunting is for seriously high end gear or a team. I mostly solo in the dz s to don't do it but I am going to team up more I think in the DZ.

Don't know what to make of rogues they are part of the game I know but for someone like me who is only lv22dz having lads come down from dz06 packing 200k+dps I don't stand a chance seems a bit unfair. But it does keep you on edge and getting a load of loot out and not getting hit can't beat that feeling.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    At my level I am skulking in the corner, rogue hunting is for seriously high end gear or a team. I mostly solo in the dz s to don't do it but I am going to team up more I think in the DZ.

Don't know what to make of rogues they are part of the game I know but for someone like me who is only lv22dz having lads come down from dz06 packing 200k+dps I don't stand a chance seems a bit unfair. But it does keep you on edge and getting a load of loot out and not getting hit can't beat that feeling.

Matchmake. 9/10 times you'll get a party invite as soon as you join. I have to say this has to be the best game for co-op with randoms I've played in an age. I'm not putting much into it at the minute but most of the time I wanted to go to the DZ and there were no friends on I had no issues match making with randoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Got killed by the same rogue pricks 3 times tonight, twice at 2 different extraction zones just as I was extracting gear.

Level 90 lads down in DZ01 as well, calling in extractions and then waiting to see who would come.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Most annoying thing about the DZ is having to leave it after every three extractions to go and empty your stash when you're picking everything up for the parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

^^

Shame you cant scrap multiple **** in the stash screen. One by one or take it all out and do it from your inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Minor annoyance for me. I don't like how weapon skins take up inventory slots. I've a more clothes than Kanye West taking up no space in my Mary Poppins backpack but the weapon skins are starting to overload me AND I don't want to get rid of any of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Green to blue will double, blue to gold will triple. So definitely convert everything you have tonight.

There's a few of us playing on PC alright, check out the Division thread over in PC Games for IDs. :)

There's a division thread in pc games? Yikes how did I miss that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

mass crafting badly needs to be a thing,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

converted all my parts over last night, and i didn't have that many, it must have taken some of you lot forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Update is there you may have to hard reset your xbox then just start the game 3.9 gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

DZ is getting a joke now for rogues TBH, and its gonna get a hell of alot worse with deffo 100% gold drops now for bosses and air drops. 4 man rogue squads and lazy ****ers on servers mean they get away with it......really need an incentive for non rogues to kill manhunt crews etc as most peeps dont give a ****.

folks, finally reached level 30 in both areas last night. however, i think i'm seriously underpowered in terms of firepower. need to get some beefier guns, only at about 50k now.

with access to the dz vendor in DZ02 at last i had a look, ended up buying a backpak or holster or something which gave me a nice boost but the guns didn't look that great

ones in the safe house looked better, but they were level 50, seems like the patch may drop them down though so i can buy

the vendor in the Base of Operations did have a gold pakhan, but it's 500k. i've only about 60k credits. seems like it would be a huge grind, even more than i've put in already, to get to 500k

what's the best option to get some better hurting abilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Blue prints via Pheonix credits from upstairs gear vendor is your best way to get good stuff.

Hoping for a drop isnt fun atm.

Shame the vendor doesnt have the Vector blueprint anymore. He does have a liberator MK17 and an Ak74 that will have 3 talents. I have the vector with all bar one gold weapon mod on and its 130k, my 2ndary is a P416 I only found last night with 3 gold weapon items on it its 94k

FYI later tonight I will be crafting a few vectors to drop for the lads I play with, if your playing with anyone they can do the same for you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mossym wrote: »
    folks, finally reached level 30 in both areas last night. however, i think i'm seriously underpowered in terms of firepower. need to get some beefier guns, only at about 50k now.

with access to the dz vendor in DZ02 at last i had a look, ended up buying a backpak or holster or something which gave me a nice boost but the guns didn't look that great

ones in the safe house looked better, but they were level 50, seems like the patch may drop them down though so i can buy

the vendor in the Base of Operations did have a gold pakhan, but it's 500k. i've only about 60k credits. seems like it would be a huge grind, even more than i've put in already, to get to 500k

what's the best option to get some better hurting abilities?

Only 50k dps? That's nothing at all. Are you modding your weapons at all? Or your equipment to boost firearms skills?

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    DZ is getting a joke now for rogues TBH, and its gonna get a hell of alot worse with deffo 100% gold drops now for bosses and air drops. 4 man rogue squads and lazy ****ers on servers mean they get away with it......really need an incentive for non rogues to kill manhunt crews etc as most peeps dont give a ****.

It's too easy for rogues to just run away. If they get any sort of head start they can just run the entire time on the clock down.

Spear wrote: »
    Only 50k dps? That's nothing at all. Are you modding your weapons at all? Or your equipment to boost firearms skills?

yup, adding whatever mods give the best dps, right now main weapon is a purple aug with a mod in every slot, been swapping out equipment to try to max dps and that's as far as i've gotten.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I play on PC. When I see rogues/manhunts they end up invariably being hackers so nowadays I just run in the opposite direction/leave the DZ as there is literally no point in engaging them and giving them kills.

yeah, if i enter the DZ and see rogues running around i jsut leave and re-enter till i find a quite server. they are invariably high end players roaming in a pack and not a hope of going up against them or getting anything out. got butchered 3 times the other night by the same group while trying to extract, they didn't even want what i dropped as it was still there when i went back but they were checking it every time after killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

My new DZ strategy - fill my backpack with greens. Find a quiet extraction point. If extraction is successful go back and pick up my high end gear and then go extract it.

I reckon if I hit a server where a bunch of rogues are trying to dominate and get cheap loot, they will soon get fed up killing me for me greens.

I also reckon the DZ06 extraction point is bugged - surely those 20 purple mobs on the roof of the neighboring building are supposed to flood over and rush you when you are trying to extract?

• Advertisement

I had the same issue with them not picking up my gear, just killing me for the craic.
    Last time they did it, me and my mate were in the middle of a firefight with about 14 enemies. They just strolled up behind us, killed us and went on their way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

yup, adding whatever mods give the best dps, right now main weapon is a purple aug with a mod in every slot, been swapping out equipment to try to max dps and that's as far as i've gotten.

What's the basic DPS on your weapon then? And what's your firearms skill at?

What's the basic DPS on your weapon then? And what's your firearms skill at?

need to check but i think the base dps is only in the 30k range. jsut got to level 30 so been whatever i;ve picked up, although i think i may have bought this from the advanced weapons vendor when i hit level 22 or 23.

need to check on the firearms skill when i get home. don't think there is anywhere to check it away from xbox?

the reason i asked is i think my guns just ain't good enough, which is why i was wondering the best path to get some better ones

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I had the same issue with them not picking up my gear, just killing me for the craic.
    Last time they did it, me and my mate were in the middle of a firefight with about 14 enemies. They just strolled up behind us, killed us and went on their way.

They don't really need your gear. They need the kills to rank up whilst also being d*cks.

They don't really need your gear. They need the kills to rank up whilst also being d*cks.

getting killed by them is part of the game, so can accept that. and i know the answer is that they are being d*cks, but why if they don't want the gear then at least wait till i get it extracted and then kill me

need to check but i think the base dps is only in the 30k range. jsut got to level 30 so been whatever i;ve picked up, although i think i may have bought this from the advanced weapons vendor when i hit level 22 or 23.

need to check on the firearms skill when i get home. don't think there is anywhere to check it away from xbox?

the reason i asked is i think my guns just ain't good enough, which is why i was wondering the best path to get some better ones

That base damage is very low, a decent purple or something from the base credits vendor should get the better part of double that.

That base damage is very low, a decent purple or something from the base credits vendor should get the better part of double that.

cool. looks like i'm going shopping tonight!!

getting killed by them is part of the game, so can accept that. and i know the answer is that they are being d*cks, but why if they don't want the gear then at least wait till i get it extracted and then kill me

This. I can accept being killed by them, grudgingly, but at least let me get my gear out if you don't want it. I won't mind quite as much then.

Do the dailies, get the phoenix credits, get the vector BP from the vendor next to the recal station, make vectors till you get a good roll on DPS and talents. The rest you'll get from drops/same vendor above.

Don't forget to recal your gear to max out stats. Along with the main stats you should be looking for dmg to armor/elites, crit chance and crit dmg (for smg builds).

Not really sure what will happen after the patch though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I don't think the vector is as great as people think. Drives me mad having to reload so frequently mid gun battle.

The MP5 with extended mag with high fire rate bonus is where its at.

Advertisement