Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Had ps4 on rest mode all day hoping for it to download update. Just turned on console and update only appears now. I thought having it on rest mode would download updates as soon as they appear?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hmm, gear score of 159, okayish it seems. With practice I should be able to solo Falcon Rest I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Had ps4 on rest mode all day hoping for it to download update. Just turned on console and update only appears now. I thought having it on rest mode would download updates as soon as they appear?

It's supposed to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

superg wrote: »
    It's supposed to!

With this on Xbox I had to try to load the game to find the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I don't think the vector is as great as people think. Drives me mad having to reload so frequently mid gun battle.

The MP5 with extended mag with high fire rate bonus is where its at.

Agreed, the Lvl 31 MP5 is a much more effective and satisfying weapon imho. But in the context of early PvE available weapons I think the Vector is still good advice. You can obtain the blueprint and craft it without ever having entered the DZ, vs. the gold Div-Tech (and run to the DZ06 vendor) for the MP5.

• Advertisement

56? Is that the yellow mag BP from the vendor in the base? Best I got was 40 but I'll roll more of them if I can get as high as that.

Aye, you'd need a 180% mag increase to get 56 out of a vector afaik. Best I've rolled is 102. Someone's sacrificed their family to the RNG gods ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

superg wrote: »
    It's supposed to!

A work around is to download something from the web store as when on rest mode it only checks for updates at certain times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

That incursion mission is absolutely impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

No college on Friday couldn't have been more perfect! Get back to my PC Thursday evening and grind out for some new gear...raise my dps :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Aye, you'd need a 180% mag increase to get 56 out of a vector afaik. Best I've rolled is 102. Someone's sacrificed their family to the RNG gods ;).

I've not seen a higher mag than 101% myself but you can get +% ammo capacity gear mods to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Ha, whoever said this incursion was a breeze on hard..... Shame on you lol.

Fecken thing Is insanely difficult on hard. I've the best of gear and very good stats all round and I race through challenging missions in 15 mins top.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ha, whoever said this incursion was a breeze on hard..... Shame on you lol.

Fecken thing Is insanely difficult on hard. I've the best of gear and very good stats all round and I race through challenging missions in 15 mins top.

What's your gear score out of curiosity?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    What's your gear score out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I read on reddit that its basically just a horde mode. Is there much truth in that?
    I still havnt got to download the patch

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Servers are in a shocking state. Getting randomly disconnected all the time. Massive pain especially in the DZ

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I read on reddit that its basically just a horde mode. Is there much truth in that?
    I still havnt got to download the patch

Yes its one room with 15 waves of enemies, pretty lazy effort in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The incursion is incredibly difficult unless your rocking about 80k health or above. I had to massively reduce my dps just to get my health up to 65k and barely got through it with a lot of help from my team. My gear score was the same as there's so it doesn't appear like that means a whole lot.

Got a tactician vest out of it which gives 82k health but the trade off on my dps is terrible.

Had 172 on first post-patch load, then got some nice gloves to get to 178. Just tried Falcon with 3 randoms, good bunch but we were wiped when one member dropped around wave 8. Up to about 5 on the 2nd try and I hard crashed :(. If that room is really all there is then yep, bloody lazy. I thought it would be multi-objective based rather than just a killing room with a wave timed boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Did a few runs with some randomers tonight in the DZ (matchmaking from the safehouse), we extracted a few times and when my stash got too full, I couldn't extract the last one item I had in the pack. I gave the guys a salute and went to head off and they all suddenly went rouge on me. When I spawned in the DZ checkpoint, I was no longer part of the group. Is there any point in that for them to boost points or something, or were they just being dicks because I was leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Aimman wrote: »
    Did a few runs with some randomers tonight in the DZ (matchmaking from the safehouse), we extracted a few times and when my stash got too full, I couldn't extract the last one item I had in the pack. I gave the guys a salute and went to head off and they all suddenly went rouge on me. When I spawned in the DZ checkpoint, I was no longer part of the group. Is there any point in that for them to boost points or something, or were they just being dicks because I was leaving?

If you had gear on you when they killed you, they could have stolen that. Otherwise yea its just to be dicks!

• Advertisement

Way too many gold drops now. It doesnt feel great to get a gold anymore.

They need very rare platinum drops now to balance it.

Just another case of OG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Fecking wait all day to get home from work. Load it up to be told the servers are going down in half an hour. Delta errors now. Raging isn't the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Bloody server shutdown a couple of hours after the patch :( Got on well tonight tough brought my gear score from 156 to 169 happy with that. Still not rocking any great dps (100k on a gold vector) and health about 45k. But holding my own on dog fights. skills high I think at around 23k but I don't know what that does in reality

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got to wave 5 last night with all under powered lads, did get some cracking drops from the dailies.

FYI you cant drop an item you crafted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

My thoughts on the patch.

1) The Incursion is insanely hard even in a party where all four players are 175+, only got to wave 11.
    2) The Incursion as a mission is just lazy, it could have been thrown together in a couple of hours, is this the level of addons we are to expect?
    3) Gold drops are a joke now, you can essentially enter the DZ and within 30-40 minutes have 30 Gold items in your stash, how did the devs think this was a good idea?
    4) I had 2 hard crashes back to desktop mid Incursion
    5) I know it was patch day but the DZ servers were not great, very shaky at best
    6) The biggest and most worrying bug is the character deletion that is happening mainly on Xbox where some players have had their character deleted after installing the patch. Some players had over 150+ hours played. And what is worse is the devs don't actually know what is causing it so they cannot fix it for the moment... The character deletion could happen to anyone as no one knows what exactly triggers the error. Shameful...

So all in all, not a great patch. One plus is the party trading.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

got a couple of hours in last night, thanks all for the advice yesterday.

agreed on the comment that golds are a joke now, from not even having anything really decent in purples(and definitely no gold), doing one daily on hard and 30 to 40 minutes in the DZ and i had 4, ironically two are backpacks so can only use one. even though i'm glad to get them as i have none, it's too easy, everyone will have loads of them soon at that rate. can really imagine how it pis$es off the players who have put a lot of time in.

dz was horrible, buggy, laggy, would suddenly die from a baseball wielding goon smacking me three times before he even appeared on my screen. reloading was taking forever, looked on screen like it was reloading twice, but i assume the fixes last night addresses that.

managed to get my DPS up to 70k, so improving. my biggest issue now is i like to have lmg and an assault rifle. in converting everything to gold parts a couple of nights ago i dismantled everything except my aubar and a scar which i thought was an AR, but turns out to be a single shot and takes forever to put people down. since then all i've gotten is lmg's , inclding a nice purple vector last night, but i can't equip two lmgs as my ammo goes down too quick so now have an lmg and a heavy machine gun. haven't seen an AR in 3 days now.

on the plus side, i managed to retrieve from the very first supply drop i saw in the DZ. about 6 of us fighting the group of rioters around it, when they all went down the other players stood around looking at it while i raced up and got it, i don't know if they realized it was a single use only, but i managed to loot the lot. probably the only one i will get

biggest plus was i'm on xbox and my character was still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Noxin wrote: »
    Well that sounds like a load of $hite. It took them a couple of hours to get almost fully geared? Patch done. Next content please?

So turns out the lads were on the wind up.

Still it worked, got me to leave work early and play :D

The Incursion is not what I expected at all. Totally not what I expected. I thought it would be some story driven like, scenario. It's just a 15 wave horde style instance

In saying that, its massively intense and extremely fun. I went in with two friends and a pug, and while we wiped early because I didn't realise you should jump down straight away, we then went through the second attempt until the end. Got myself a nice two set bonus for Tacticians Authority from it also :) I didn't find Hard that difficult, three of us were at like 180 GS and the pug was 170. I'd say Challenge will be the really tricky one, as the waves could then start overlapping.

The last two patches have really improved the Dark Zone also, the improved high end drops while obviously a bid to get people into incursions quicker, is somewhat welcomed and again ramped up the willingness of people to go Rogue, which is always intense and fun. The change this patch to allow you reroll gear for credits is also excellent. I had literally nothing to spend my credits on, and didn't value the cost of stat rerolling that high, but now its a no brainer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i actually thought there was less rogue activity last night. much more working together. only once did i get shot by rogues and it was another band jsut cruising around killing in the name of, not actually stealing any gear. managed to get all my better gear out hassle free, to the point there was usually 3 or 4 around the extract zone getting stuff out and helping each other. got caught with low health at one stage and got downed with a gold in my pack, was cursing and then a guy revived me, 30 seconds later another lad went down and i got him back up so felt like i had kept the karma going

mossym wrote: »
    got a couple of hours in last night, thanks all for the advice yesterday.

agreed on the comment that golds are a joke now, from not even having anything really decent in purples(and definitely no gold), doing one daily on hard and 30 to 40 minutes in the DZ and i had 4, ironically two are backpacks so can only use one. even though i'm glad to get them as i have none, it's too easy, everyone will have loads of them soon at that rate. can really imagine how it pis$es off the players who have put a lot of time in.

It's worth noting that the GS introduction is somewhat relevant. While yes I'm getting golds drop all over the place, they are actually not useful for me, and they are just being destroyed.

The ramp up in golds is to let people get their GS up so they can start to enter the Incursion, which is fine by me. It would just be a massive whinge if people couldnt get in. Gauging reddit, a large part of the community seems to be just casual players wanting things handed to them. Coming from an MMO background, I've found this game to contain a good balance between easy reward, and reward from working hard. Everything shouldnt be handed to everyone, otherwise there is no point in putting time into the game, and then they might aswell not even have gear, since all will be the same.

So again, take note of the GS of the items dropping. The drops are lower GS then crafted ones(where say someone like me made before this patch) and there are also higher GS that drop from certain places.

So for someone like you where you say your at 70kdps, I can only imagine your gear is middle of the road, so this is a ncie change for you. It will bring you up to a nice stat level relatively quickly, but then if you really want to kick on, its about putting the time into it.

Again I've no real issue with the increase in Yellows. Again, maybe coming from a WoW background. It was once upon a time, Epics were epic. But now, purples are just par for the course. But now in Division, while Yellows are all over the shop, it's the Aqua Gearsets that are going to get you shaking when you see them drop :D

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    i actually thought there was less rogue activity last night. much more working together. only once did i get shot by rogues and it was another band jsut cruising around killing in the name of, not actually stealing any gear. managed to get all my better gear out hassle free, to the point there was usually 3 or 4 around the extract zone getting stuff out and helping each other. got caught with low health at one stage and got downed with a gold in my pack, was cursing and then a guy revived me, 30 seconds later another lad went down and i got him back up so felt like i had kept the karma going

While going through the DZ last night there was a supply drop. We managed to get 2 out of 3, and while the first one was fine and we were the only group there, the second crate we got, had two others groups jockeying for it.

We made the call to go Rogue, slotted the two groups, and the reward was a set item for one of the lads. Although we have been confident of going Rogue, as we all have pretty high gear and a well balanced team. Our fear was hackers but that has died away. Plus depending on the instance server we had, it wasnt uncommon for us to be like the best geared in the instance. The change of Dark Zone brackets to go further into GearScore brackets is a nice addition too. It definitly made us more weary of who to engage, as they might have been same level as us.

But it does remove the annoyance of a fresh 30, or low geared 30 strolling into the DZ being blown away by massively geared players.

Advertisement