Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Kiith wrote: »
    Origin is way better then UPlay. I'd even argue that Origin is better then Steam (from a purely interface and technical point of view

Possibly now.... but at the time of the Sims 3 launch it was a cluster**k, and to be honest, that was the last time I used it aside from a bit of C&C Generals recently

I used uPlay on PC and Consoles (Far Cry, Anno etc) and once you're signed in, it seems alright..... Origin (well at least 2 years ago) made the act of installing or launching a game confusing.

But yeah.... maybe it's a lot better now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

If you'll pardon the ignorance, folks, what type of game are people expecting this to be? I have followed the thread from early on, but the more I see of it, the more I think it looks similar to Destiny or maybe the gameplay will be similar to that. Would that be accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am hoping this is as far from Bungie's chop shop game Destiny as possible. I want a full game that hasn't been chopped up into DLC. If they nail that then I am happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like a mix of Borderlands and Destiny. I only played the beta of Destiny but found it a bit boring. This looks much more interesting. Reading the wiki of it, the companion app has been cancelled as it brough unfair gameplay advantage. Big move to get rid of it seeing as they had a lot of it developed. This wasn't on my radar at all as I didn't think it would be out so soon.

Anyone here pre-order it to play the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Looks like a mix of Borderlands and Destiny. I only played the beta of Destiny but found it a bit boring.

This is my fear. Found Destiny to be horrendous, but then again I wasn't a big fan of Halo either. I think maybe I've outgrown the whole aliens thing but I'm a big fan of post-apocalyptic/end-of-the-world stuff so this might just float my boat. Fingers crossed, because I've been impressed with the look of this from the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I have a feeling this will follow a destiny style expansion pattern, which will be easy do as they can just introduce new burroughs, It's likely to be destiny with real world locations, equipmet etc.. Possible with a hint of GOW cover system

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm assuming due to the long development cycle, this game cost a lot to make so they will need to re-coup money fast.
    They'll either release DLC costing €60 or they'll have the sequel released this time next year, and yearly after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

In relation to the "Sleeper Agent" edition

"You will also get access to the Season Pass which includes a full year of major expansions and exclusive benefits."

Source: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tom-Clancys-The-Division-PS4/dp/B00BT9DURQ

So it looks like there will be a lot of DLC

On Amazon, the standard edition is £50, Gold (Game + Season pass) is £65 and the Sleeper Edition (game, season pass, a watch and other goodies) is £110

So an extra 15 quid for the season pass is actually very cheap compared to other games. Wasn't the batman season pass like 40 quid and that was full of shyte.

Wasn't the batman season pass like 40 quid and that was full of shyte.

This could be said for almost all games in the last 5 years.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

On Amazon, the standard edition is £50, Gold (Game + Season pass) is £65 and the Sleeper Edition (game, season pass, a watch and other goodies) is £110

So an extra 15 quid for the season pass is actually very cheap compared to other games. Wasn't the batman season pass like 40 quid and that was full of shyte.

Sadly for PC only :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Sound Misky, joined the waiting list there, would definitely like to give this a go. I wonder if they were expecting more pre-orders and had to open the beta a bit.

Sound Misky, joined the waiting list there, would definitely like to give this a go. I wonder if they were expecting more pre-orders and had to open the beta a bit.

They might want to keep their options open, maybe have the Beta for pre-orders open on the day listed, then add everyone else 2 days later as a way to stress test the servers

I signed up for the waitlist, no-harm, no foul, I'm looking at Betas as a demos now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

If you have already been in the Alpha are you automatically in the Beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

So here's a video one of the guys who was at the event yesterday at Ubisoft did.

If you have already been in the Alpha are you automatically in the Beta?

According to Ubisoft yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I really like the look of this but after Unity and Watchdogs its hards to know what way it'll launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

Really looking forward to this :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

hmmmm...

Well aside from the whole "never trust Ubisoft, they're liars", the game was still on my "very interested" list. Having seen the way the combat plays out based on the video above, I'm not so sure now. I think I'd have preferred a more realistic combat mechanic than the bullet spongey looking MMO Grindfest style of thing that's on show there. Pity.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I really like the look of this but after Unity and Watchdogs its hards to know what way it'll launch.

And the Crew.:D

Yes there last few releases did have a couple of issues when they first released but I'm hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Shiminay wrote: »
    h I think I'd have preferred a more realistic combat mechanic than the bullet spongey looking MMO Grindfest style of thing that's on show there. Pity.

Agree. Those are some seriously heavy armored down jackets :pac:

Makes it look a bit daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just preordered on Amazon and got a Beta code straight away.

Gameplay footage.

https://youtu.be/kmBKtp5nXXM

Have to say, it looks pretty interesting. Looks like they lifted a lot from Borderlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Shiminay wrote: »
    hmmmm...

Well aside from the whole "never trust Ubisoft, they're liars", the game was still on my "very interested" list. Having seen the way the combat plays out based on the video above, I'm not so sure now. I think I'd have preferred a more realistic combat mechanic than the bullet spongey looking MMO Grindfest style of thing that's on show there. Pity.

Same here, the new videos have just put me off the game completely now, it looks like third person Destiny now. I was hoping for third person Rainbow Six with survival elements.

I'm not into shooters were you have to dump mags into enemies for them to go down unless it's something like Borderlands and it's not taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Cant wait to back to the DarkZone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Really can't stand bullet sponge mechanics in a realistic setting. It's one thing in a fantasy/ sci-fi game like Destiny, but in games like Battlefield or the ilk, if I shoot you in the face, I expect you to die.

Lack of proper aiming down sights, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I don't really understand all the reactions of people complaining it's not a "real" shooter and is an ARPG, nothing I've seen since this game was first show at e3 has looked like a real shooter and every time a fight has been shown numbers were popping off showing hit damage, that tied with the weapons always displaying dps and talk about classes, this confusion people are displaying ironically is confusing me as I don't understand how the could ever have thought it was anything but an ARPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Really can't stand bullet sponge mechanics in a realistic setting. It's one thing in a fantasy/ sci-fi game like Destiny, but in games like Battlefield or the ilk, if I shoot you in the face, I expect you to die.

Same here, for such a realistic looking and feeling game, I was expecting Arma-style time to kills - as in single bullet to kill, anywhere in the head or torso - not this crap where it takes a whole mag to kill someone, even with headshots.

Advertisement