Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

TheDoc wrote: »
    So turns out the lads were on the wind up.

Still it worked, got me to leave work early and play :D

The Incursion is not what I expected at all. Totally not what I expected. I thought it would be some story driven like, scenario. It's just a 15 wave horde style instance

In saying that, its massively intense and extremely fun. I went in with two friends and a pug, and while we wiped early because I didn't realise you should jump down straight away, we then went through the second attempt until the end. Got myself a nice two set bonus for Tacticians Authority from it also :) I didn't find Hard that difficult, three of us were at like 180 GS and the pug was 170. I'd say Challenge will be the really tricky one, as the waves could then start overlapping.

The last two patches have really improved the Dark Zone also, the improved high end drops while obviously a bid to get people into incursions quicker, is somewhat welcomed and again ramped up the willingness of people to go Rogue, which is always intense and fun. The change this patch to allow you reroll gear for credits is also excellent. I had literally nothing to spend my credits on, and didn't value the cost of stat rerolling that high, but now its a no brainer.

Good thing this update was free so, not sure I'd have been happy to pay for a one room horde mode. Was surprised to see that's what the incursion was like.

About the rerolling, it already let you reroll gear for credits though, or do you mean HE rerolls no longer cost phoenix credits? That's nice if the case. Pain in the neck not being able to play the game at the minute.

What do folk make of the assignments? What sort of things do you have to do, any decent rewards?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

So again, take note of the GS of the items dropping. The drops are lower GS then crafted ones(where say someone like me made before this patch) and there are also higher GS that drop from certain places.

So for someone like you where you say your at 70kdps, I can only imagine your gear is middle of the road, so this is a ncie change for you. It will bring you up to a nice stat level relatively quickly, but then if you really want to kick on, its about putting the time into it.

agreed. what it will do is make it easier to do the grind to get the credits to get the actual decent gear. from where i was it took too long to do the daily mission on hard given my firepower. could only get the one in last night. few golds, even low end and hopefully i can burn through them faster to start getting the credits a bit quicker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

double post

If this effort ie incursion is a sign of whats to come then sadly its going to fail hard, what an absolute snoozefest that must have taken an hour or two to put together at best.

I love the game but we need so much more good quality pve [this effort is nowhere near good enough]

We also need a TDM type pvp mode but would have to take the ultimate skills out.

Force sums up this effort well here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Whats the GS of the items dropping off DZ05-DZ06 named bosses?
    GS of 180 at the minute and trying to gear for incursions, is 165kdps 83khp enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

KilOit wrote: »
    GS of 180 at the minute and trying to gear for incursions, is 165kdps 83khp enough?

More than enough mate. The Incursion is rated for a gear score of 140 with a recommended score of 160. You have a very nice HP pool there and decent DPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

To be honest my expectations weren't massive when it came to the Incursion. As a free update, and most likely something that was developed during the games main development, I really have no major issue. sure it wasn't what I thought, but I'm not exactly turning my nose up at it either. Although does go to show they could have showed more footage in the run up, so people could know what they were getting.Very few people have completed it on challenge mode, and plenty seem to be struggling on Hard. So its something new and fresh to do for a while. And considering its something new, combined with a pretty significant range of updates and balances, a month on from release, I'm happy enough.

Massive seem like they are taking onboard positive constructive feedback, so I'll assume they will do the same with this. Although again it will hopefully be based on accurate feedback. I'd have no problem seeing more of these Incursions as time goes on, they are challenging and intense and fun. However I do expect to start seeing some scenario/dungeon style content that is somewhat story driven that contains a couple of bosses as you move through a location. Essentially what the missions on CM are, but tougher, more tactical and maybe a bit more epic(or fresh stories)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Good thing this update was free so, not sure I'd have been happy to pay for a one room horde mode. Was surprised to see that's what the incursion was like.

About the rerolling, it already let you reroll gear for credits though, or do you mean HE rerolls no longer cost phoenix credits? That's nice if the case. Pain in the neck not being able to play the game at the minute.

What do folk make of the assignments? What sort of things do you have to do, any decent rewards?

HE no longer cost PCredits.

Assignments are a nice addition. They needed more ways to provide PCredits considering the amount of patterns that moved into your HQ, and the increased cost of patterns etc. I guess it was a smart move making alts. I havn't really being bothered, but the lads have two alts(three characters) as Pcredits are account wide, so you can farm more and get patterns faster.

I don't think you would be going out of your way on the weekly assignments, its just adding a counter and reward for stuff you will passively do through the week anyway.

one of the assignments if i am thinking of the right things was to kill 3 elites. doing the lincoln tunnel daily first guy down the tunnel when you are protecting the bomb defuser was an elite so killed him, died, repeat twice more and done. the weekly ones are likely a bit harder but the daily ones are nada

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

KilOit wrote: »

I got about 20 HE items yesterday in DZ, didn't pay much attention to what they were until I got out, but I got them from named bosses in DZ01-DZ06, DZ chests and from a rogue.
    2 were level 31, rest were level 30. More than two would have been from named bosses in DZ05-DZ06, so at least some of the time it's level 30 stuff.

Also got two supply drops. First one was two purples, second was a purple and a level 30 HE LMG.

• Advertisement

funny-sh moment in the dz last night, first supply drop, run up, hold blue button(xbox) to take it. says i have the gear so i start running away, next thing i get the voiceover and another timer saying defend the drop crate. cursing myself as i thought i hadn't done everything to get the gear and had left it behind. then realized it must have been the other crate as i still had the gear it said.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

HE no longer cost PCredits.

Assignments are a nice addition. They needed more ways to provide PCredits considering the amount of patterns that moved into your HQ, and the increased cost of patterns etc. I guess it was a smart move making alts. I havn't really being bothered, but the lads have two alts(three characters) as Pcredits are account wide, so you can farm more and get patterns faster.

I don't think you would be going out of your way on the weekly assignments, its just adding a counter and reward for stuff you will passively do through the week anyway.

Nice one thanks. Presume the update has also fixed the problem with dailies not spawning?

no daily missons today either, confirmed by the makers. they say they will be back tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

mossym wrote: »
    no daily missons today either, confirmed by the makers. they say they will be back tomorrow

I'v just done them

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nice one thanks. Presume the update has also fixed the problem with dailies not spawning?

Yup

Oh maybe its down today?

I did my two hard modes and CM yesterday without issue. Was Russian Consulate. (I'm PC btw)

yup, i did a daily last night as well, lincoln tunnel, but seeing on another message board that they're not there today. darc kn1ght managed to do them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

They killed the daily challenge after the server reboot around midnight for the hotfix (since they put such value on bugs that increase loot it had to be done within hours of the main patch....).
    Then did another restart a few hours later since the first hotfix reboot had glitched non-daily challenge missions (gates and doors were closed etc.). Christ they really need to work on their QA process, and their priorities on what to patch.

DZ harversting it is tonight so:)

still have 1 mission and a few side missions to close out anyway.

• Advertisement

Have to say it might be just pure ignorance, nievity or pot luck with how things have gone for me, but I just truely enjoy this game, thinks it's brilliant, have had minimal issues in terms of bugs, and having a tremendous time playing with friends.

I do read all the issues people are flagging about, the hacking one was something that did impact me for a few days, but things like the Div Tech grind and other stuff, really didn't even register as a negative for me.

My only disappointment was how the DZ wasn't like the alpha and beta. And thats fair enough, people didnt care about their characters and it was all low level anyway. But I think the last two patches quickly addressed that, making rogues are more frequent thing, and turning the DZ into an area of constant stress and tension. And as much as I've got backstabbed by players, I've also had random groups form, showing there is a genuine social element within the game.

The ingame VOIP is class. People still obviously arn't fully aware of how it works, and there is nothing funnier then a group scheming to kill you, while you are in earshot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That incursion is a ****ing joke. It's more annoying than challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

DZ harversting it is tonight so:)

still have 1 mission and a few side missions to close out anyway.

Level 27 - 29 perhaps? What's your DPS at? Mine is crap, around 30K

Keyzer wrote: »
    Level 27 - 29 perhaps? What's your DPS at? Mine is crap, around 30K

30 i'm afraid, went over the 30 level in both places monday night.

as of last night just over 70k. was only 30 to 40k at the weekend. have managed to get it up a good bit since. few more golds tonight will help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I think the trick here is to get the four players into the underground area and then have 2 take the left and 2 take the right and funnel the enemies down the steps. The APC cannot hit you while down there.

Also, the drones are the easiest thing in the Incursion if you use the stun sticky grenade. You need to have 2 people of the 4 with it selected and they are a walk in the park. They just all get stunned in the air you can all just pick them off in a matter of seconds. Rinse and repeat.

While I didn't experience any yesterday we have noticed a huge amount of DZ hackers the last 10 days or so.

While I'm not mad about this guy, hes always bragging about something he raises very valid and worrying points about ubisofts useless anti cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Guys surely you must have know that things would be arseways for a few days after the patch, TBH its like that for most games....as for the new stuff alot of it welcome but the DZ is still a cluster **** and if you a solo player its a pain in the whole after the new patch.

The incursion is what it is now as peeps are not geared for it but in 2-3 weeks time when all have the new gear sets and new weapons (rank DZ75 to get them from DZ5 vendor last night) it will be easier everytime you do it.

been a long time since i had a pc gaming rig (we're talking Medal of honor allied assault). but that's one thing i don't miss with playing on console now

Are you doing it on hard mode or challenge?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

This is unreal.

Advertisement