Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Jayop wrote: »
    This is unreal.

Looks incredibly staged.

I've never seen that many players going for a rope when everyone knows there is only 4 slots on the rope. I could say maybe if it was DZ01 but DZ06 no way and at the top level of DZ 165+ gearscore.

I've never seen an extraction with such little safety precaution not even since day 1. Funny video though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Looks incredibly staged.

I've never seen that many players going for a rope when everyone knows there is only 4 slots on the rope. I could say maybe if it was DZ01 but DZ06 no way and at the top level of DZ 165+ gearscore.

I've never seen an extraction with such little safety precaution not even since day 1. Funny video though.

Aye possibly. I guess you could have had two groups running together and if that was the case they'd have probably felt invincible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Dcully wrote: »
    My new stats after a few DZ drops.

and a bit more health for pvp

Jaysus your health is shocking. You must be getting shot down with one hit. Was in a group with a fella with these types of stats the last day and I spent more time reviving him than anything else.

20k is better being spent being put into health and losing some DPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm running 125k dps, 62k health and 22k skill.

I'm really hopeful of boosting my DPS up to close to 200k over the coming week and then I'll be pretty happy. I crafted the gold holster from the special gear vendor last night and I got a really good roll first time thank god so that gave me a great boost. After that I played around with my gear and mods to try to get everything up to a decent level without losing dps.

Ran the DZ myself and played some hard missions and I found any level 30/31 AI pretty easy to mow down with less than a clip. Didn't tackle any named bosses in the DZ last night but I expect a big jump in performance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

looks like they have found the issue with the missing profiles and are bringing them back. they need to roll them back to the last good save file. hopefully that's only for the affected players and not everyone, don't want to lose the golds i got last night!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Tried the hard mode incursion earlier with randoms. Jaysis is all I can say

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Edwardririth

In my mind, it is really a good game. FPS+RPG it is cool. I enjoyed it. But there is a big problem is that the server is so crowded. Usually i have to wait long time to get in game. Maybe Uplay have to do something about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

joe123 wrote: »
    Jaysus your health is shocking. You must be getting shot down with one hit. Was in a group with a fella with these types of stats the last day and I spent more time reviving him than anything else.

20k is better being spent being put into health and losing some DPS.

64k health is not low at all.
    Ive played with guys on pc with 45k health, its called being a glass cannon welcome to the world of rpgs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Trouble with DZ now is that you have guys who are manhunt whores mining regular gamers to the point of extinction. Theses are the guys that have done the incursion multiple times and rocking the best new gearsets and just raping servers all night long.....and there is nothing you can do. Make going into servers solo or even 2 up pointless. Needs to be addressed BIG TIME

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The missing Xbox characters bug has been identified and will be fixed in an upcoming server downtime:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1432215-An-update-on-the-Missing-Characters-issue

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Tried the Incursion tonight and it glitched out twice with people getting stuck in walls. Very annoying.

http://imgur.com/sv6mj9C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Trouble with DZ now is that you have guys who are manhunt whores mining regular gamers to the point of extinction. Theses are the guys that have done the incursion multiple times and rocking the best new gearsets and just raping servers all night long.....and there is nothing you can do. Make going into servers solo or even 2 up pointless. Needs to be addressed BIG TIME

It can be frustrating, I've been primarily a solo player up until now also, but it's not always that way. In fact I've found the DZ relatively quiet all day, just did an hour or so with some new friends (met through a boardsie I added from this and the PC threads) and we literally met one other person. I guess everyone's off doing the incursion.
    But yup the days of soloing are pretty much gone, unless you get lucky. While the extra tension can be fun all I can say is add some of the folks from here and try larger group play. I haven't had a bad experience yet since starting that in the last few days. A bit of a laugh as you play, faster level up, more PCredits and loot and a LOT less stress extracting :).

If you still want to play solo then manipulate your character, or an Alt, to GS 160. So long as you did it intelligently you'll be at the top end of kit in that DZ bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Dcully wrote: »
    64k health is not low at all.
    Ive played with guys on pc with 45k health, its called being a glass cannon welcome to the world of rpgs.

Sure mine is only 56k, with about 55% DR, DPS 158K and I do fine with a GS of 178. Most of the time I'm the one doing the reviving. I think there's too much focus on the moment on raw scores in the primary stats. There's a lot to be said for tuning the buffs/bonuses intelligently in lieu of DPS/Health some times. So what doesn't look quite so good reletively at first glance can be a pretty decent build.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Tried the hard mode incursion earlier with randoms. Jaysis is all I can say

What is it, wave 5 or 6 with the shotgunner spam. I was like. Yep, time for a break.

did the two dailies last night. then went into the DZ. soon as i stepped through the door,noticed 4 guys standing outside. next thing spotted the red above their heads. bang, shot, dead. heard laughing from the proximity chat.

so left the dz, back out in the pve world. went back in as that usually drops you into a different server i thought. in through door. 4 lads standing there again, but i turned and went straight out the door.

not before i heard one say nah just stay here and pick them off as they come through, and then ah he just went straight back out through the door, obviously referencing me.

4 high end guys reefing single players as they enter the dz. really class.

DZ was an absolute mess last night even apart from that. went down an empty alleyway to check a crate that normally uses DZ keys to open. wasn't active, just as i turned to leave 8 gold level baddies spawned all round me, including the boss right beside me. hadn't a hope.

only thing i managed to do was get out 3 absolutely useless items to hit the daily challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got a second character to level 30. Near the end it became the exact opposite of fun but it's helping with phoenix credits. Have one character at 187 or something and the other closing in on 180. I seem to have 4 high end vectors - one dropped yesterday that was not the same as the one you purchase. It's called front end vector I think - haven't used it yet but its dps seems slightly higher than the others.
    Tried the incursion with some randoms and no mics yesterday. This did not end well.

how does the second character help with Phoenix credits? can you share them back to your main character? and how does it work, does it just allow you to do the dailies again using the second character?

Yeah that's the DZ 80% of the time now, in fairness with the amount of glitches players can exploit it's no wonder they do it. Between the revive glitch and regen health glitch it's so so annoying.

Was fighting two lads last night (one absolute prick bader 1200 he name was or something) and us in four man group. 3 of us high end and could not kill the two of them no matter what. Tried about 5 times....could not even take a health bar down one bar!!!!

Then you end up questioning your own build as you dying so easy with 200dps and 100hp and a gear score of 188....****in game

Yeah you share phoenix credits on the account so I can do two sets of dailies - assignments etc. and it all goes into the one pool.
    It's probably not worth it in the long run but was finding it painfully slow getting them.

Yeah pheonix credits stack in one account so if you have multiple chars you can stack them one the one account. And do more daily missions...

• Advertisement

i presume you can't share gear from one character to the other? apologies for asking questions that have probably been answered 10 times over already

on the DZ, i know it goes against the grain of the game, but maybe a solo only DZ is needed. you;d still need to work together inside though to take down the gold groups

mossym wrote: »
    i presume you can't share gear from one character to the other? apologies for asking questions that have probably been answered 10 times over already

on the DZ, i know it goes against the grain of the game, but maybe a solo only DZ is needed. you;d still need to work together inside though to take down the gold groups

No you can - you just drop it in the stash box in one of the safe houses / base of operations and then can share any gear between the two. If not I doubt I would have made a second one.

nice. must make things a lot easier having a stash of decent gear to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Yeah that's the DZ 80% of the time now, in fairness with the amount of glitches players can exploit it's no wonder they do it. Between the revive glitch and regen health glitch it's so so annoying.

The health regen glitch (from the mask) is fixed as far as I know. Was in the dz myself last night for an hour or two, no rogues came near us (was just two of us), none of the humans (even groups of 4) tried anything. Supply drop was uncontested. I think it depends on what zone you are in. We were in DZ06 - most of the rogues on the map were DZ01-DZ04 where they don't have to worry about the AI as much and has easier pickings in terms of humans.
    Having said that, I wouldn't risk DZ06 playing on my own, those bots can be brutal.

if you can find the right server then the rogue issue isn't that bad. and the rogue element is fun, but not when it is a group of vastly superior powered players wiping out single players that aren't anywhere close on the stats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

gimli2112 wrote: »
    No you can - you just drop it in the stash box in one of the safe houses / base of operations and then can share any gear between the two. If not I doubt I would have made a second one.

That's good to know cheers. Not sure I could stomach going back to wearing greens and blues. :pac: Might be worth it for the extra pcredits tho.

Regarding the dz shenanigans, your dz lvl should be taken into account when put into the same instance as others, not your pve lvl.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Random lad went rogue on us last night we were hunting named enemies, he was stupidly low level.

Our lowest level guy killed him near instantly (162 GS) but he kept coming back :/

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That's good to know cheers. Not sure I could stomach going back to wearing greens and blues. :pac: Might be worth it for the extra pcredits tho.

Regarding the dz shenanigans, your dz lvl should be taken into account when put into the same instance as others, not your pve lvl.

i presume if your main character is at level 30 most of your guns are around that level too. i've long since deconstructed any things lower end so thinking about it might not be that useful. suppose you can buy the guns from the vendor and leave them there

Andrew76 wrote: »

Problem is getting your alt character to 30. If I had been blessed with foresight I would have been dumping lower level gear into the box for its benefit. Trouble is I only decided to do a second character late on and all my gear was level 30 so the second character was too under-levelled to use it.

Have plenty of stuff now but it was a pain ranking up. Also died an awful lot more than I remembered first time round but that may have been down to not paying attention to the build.

• Advertisement

spotted this on another forum
    DAILY MISSIONS FOR 14/4/16
    BROADWAY EMPORIUM - HARD

GRAND CENTRAL - HARD

LEXINGTON EVENT - CHALLENGING

Daily Assignments

Combat: 1 Named Enemy Eliminated - 10 PxC
    Crafting: 10 Standard Items Deconstructed -1 D-Tech
    Dark Zone: 10 Cleaners Eliminated - 7,500 DZ XP

wondering does that mean if you do the daily hard and kill a named enemy at the end you get 20 credits?, one for the mission and one for the assignment?

Advertisement