Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mossym wrote: »
    spotted this on another forum
    DAILY MISSIONS FOR 14/4/16
    BROADWAY EMPORIUM - HARD

GRAND CENTRAL - HARD

LEXINGTON EVENT - CHALLENGING

Daily Assignments

Combat: 1 Named Enemy Eliminated - 10 PxC
    Crafting: 10 Standard Items Deconstructed -1 D-Tech
    Dark Zone: 10 Cleaners Eliminated - 7,500 DZ XP

wondering does that mean if you do the daily hard and kill a named enemy at the end you get 20 credits?, one for the mission and one for the assignment?

Yes, the daily assignment is separate and extra, so 10 for the hard daily, plus the 1-3 for the named elite kill, plus 10 for the daily assignment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

and a gold item drop...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Whats the feeling about the Incursions in this as regards an endgame activity?

I saw the update landed 2 days ago but can't find much about it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Cormac... wrote: »

It's alright. It's just horde mode really.

It's not as fun as the raids in Destiny for example, there is no puzzle aspect.

It will get frustrating because when you wipe you wipe to the very start again. There are no checkpoints.

awec wrote: »
    It's alright. It's just horde mode really.

It's not as fun as the raids in Destiny for example, there is no puzzle aspect.

It will get frustrating because when you wipe you wipe to the very start again. There are no checkpoints.

Ah well, that's a tad disappointing but not surprising.

I heard it likened to a Nightfall in Destiny in Year 1 which is a fair comparison as far as end game stuff goes.

I personally I never believed it would be comparable to a Raid, I'm a pessimist but I just couldn't see how they would make that in a modern game setting with the class and mechanics etc that were there, but who knows, maybe in the future they'll do one a bit more involved (Crotas End was pretty much just "Kill all the Things" for parts of it)

Still, wouldn't put me off picking up the game in 6 or 8 weeks when all the free content is realeased and it's in a stable state.... I'll probably be well late to the party, but hey-ho :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Cormac... wrote: »

But this game would give you the perfect excuse to go bezerk with spreadsheets. You could have a sheet for each armor type with columns for the min/max stats available and a column for what kind of build you could use it on. You could put in coloured cells ....and summarize the lot in a nicely formatted table. Oh the fun you could have.

It is fun game - I am surprised I enjoyed it and am still playing it. I do live in fear of a switch suddenly going off and having no further interest in it.

Also, it has a lot of potential.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The incursion is basically in one room where you fight off 15 enemy waves while dodging one hit kill rockets, waves of murderous shotgunners and snipers and annoying drones. It wouldn't be on a par with a NF.
    Can be done in 20-25 minutes with a decent team and co-ordination and rewards are pretty decent.

nocal wrote: »
    But this game would give you the perfect excuse to go bezerk with spreadsheets. You could have a sheet for each armor type with columns for the min/max stats available and a column for what kind of build you could use it on. You could put in coloured cells ....and summarize the lot in a nicely formatted table. Oh the fun you could have.

It is fun game - I am surprised I enjoyed it and am still playing it. I do live in fear of a switch suddenly going off and having no further interest in it.

Also, it has a lot of potential.....

I'm already no-lifing one game atm, don't have time for a 2nd right this minute.

Plus overall the game will just be better value for me in like 8 weeks.

I can't bring myself to get that far into Min-Max tables tbh :)

I'm glad it has potential

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's nothing like Nightfall cause it isn't really a mission. It reminds me of the Gears of War horde mode except it has an ATC that fires rockets at you and grenade spammers so you can't camp in the exact same spot.

It won't have the longevity of a raid and the fact you can do it over and over again means people will probably get tired of it fairly quick.

Not sure if the potential will come to fruition or not.
    But quite a lot of this game is fun to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Another incursion popped up last night as a coming soon where you have to stop the Rikers from using their stolen Sam launchers.

Hopefully they learned something from their current incursion.

something was bugging me so after watching a vid or two i'm pretty sure i figured out what it was. got dropped what i thought was just some useless clothes last night, so didn't bother with it. afterwards was thinking it was a wierd colour. have now come to realise that i'm pretty sure it was a gear set item and i left it there.

doh!!. ah well

also seeing that the incursion has been glitched and guys farming big time. honestly, i think the only solution here is to bring another character up to level 29 and play the dz sub level 30, will be so far behind guys that can absolutely cream you as they have farmed so much

Those gear set items seem pretty good. I was trying to collect 900+ Pcredits for that AR but got to 660 and caved and bought a high end body armour (I needed) and a striker mask. Back down to 200 + ........... the grind continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Not too sure about the gear score tbh, I am a much better higher player equipping lower items. I can get to 188 gear score and I am nowhere near the player I am at 178. Granted a little less armour but much higher stats.

I'm not sure either to be honest. Have some body armour which has a much higher armour stat than anything else I have and it's only level 160ish. Haven't swapped it out yet but did buy a replacement when finishing up yesterday. It's armour stat is 1,196 and the highest I can craft is around 800?

I'm obsessed with getting the level higher which is a problem.

Gear score is handy for 2 things - you know which DZ instance you will be in and "oh yellow 163 - mark as trash"

nocal wrote: »
    Gear score is handy for 2 things - you know which DZ instance you will be in and "oh yellow 163 - mark as trash"

So the fact it has a high armour stat is of no use to me so. I had actually swapped it out but had not set foot outside the base. It's unlikely one bit of gear will make a noticeable difference but we live in hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

gimli2112 wrote: »
    So the fact it has a high armour stat is of no use to me so. I had actually swapped it out but had not set foot outside the base. It's unlikely one bit of gear will make a noticeable difference but we live in hope.

I pretty much ignore the armour stat now and go by the three main numbers to boost your dps and that as well as the perks/mod slots I get. Not sure if this is right or wrong.

gimli2112 wrote: »

Not necessarily. If you really need the additional armour then sure. But if it is only a 1% boost???
    I find when new levels of gear are released that I tend to rank things up and then try to balance/blend the build.

Yet I always seem to still be a step or two behind really being competitive in the DZ. Except for that one time when 2 guys turned on me as I was extracting.
    Oh how I remember that sweetly. So much fun winning a 1 v 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

You get roughly 1% DR for every 71 or so armour points. You need to balance that as nocal said with other benefits, and don't just look at the DPS/Hlth calculation either. Your gear buffs/bonuses should complement your preferred Talents, Playstyle and primary weapons - don't ignore all the minor bonuses and re-roll what you need to increase synergy.
    It's one thing I really like about the gear in this game, there is a fair amount of depth that can make a difference well beyond your primary 3 stats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I have spent longer looking for groups for the new mission than I have actually playing it. At the moment, it's rubbish. It's just incredibly lazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I'm so stupid... Up to now been going solo in the DZ but tonight I gave the old matchmaking a go. Worked out brilliant got so much gold s**t it was great. What was I thinking. Would have got a lot more but got shafted by a bunch of rogues. I had a full load of gold and a gold assault rifle which I'm looking for and they took it all. They were running amuck l killing everything in sight. Got me about 6 times :( . My team mates wanted to take them on! but they got blasted straight away. No talking sense to them :)

Gave the daily missions a blast also but only on hard. Omg its so easy just sauntered through them. Don't know are the challenging worth it. You could spend 2-3 hours if you got a bad team, life is to short for that.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I'm so stupid... Up to now been going solo in the DZ but tonight I gave the old matchmaking a go. Worked out brilliant got so much gold s**t it was great. What was I thinking. Would have got a lot more but got shafted by a bunch of rogues. I had a full load of gold and a gold assault rifle which I'm looking for and they took it all. They were running amuck l killing everything in sight. Got me about 6 times :( . My team mates wanted to take them on! but they got blasted straight away. No talking sense to them :)

Gave the daily missions a blast also but only on hard. Omg its so easy just sauntered through them. Don't know are the challenging worth it. You could spend 2-3 hours if you got a bad team, life is to short for that.

Erm... Maybe it's different on other platforms and as much as I hate the hackers I'd say 80% of the time I just run around the DZ solo and no one bothers me. I don't really understand people when they say it's a scary place. It's getting pretty dull for me. If you want you don't even need to match make. I get lots of invites just meeting people in there.

Definitely do the dailies. The hards are a joke and can be run solo in a few minutes. The challenging can be a touch more tricky but most ppl just blast through them now. The only real pain in the hole one is the Warrengate one. Or you can just do what everyone else does and farm Lexington Event continually because it's quick and easy.

Couple of dailes today and I'll have the PC for the gold vector blueprints. Shiny will be mine.

Even if it's not a daily challenge, can you repeat the missions on hard for a gold drop every time?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got a AUG para XS from DZ last night with Brutal and Deadly as the 2 main talents.

Happy with that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Couple of dailes today and I'll have the PC for the gold vector blueprints. Shiny will be mine.

Even if it's not a daily challenge, can you repeat the missions on hard for a gold drop every time?

The named elites will always give a gold drop. And you can repeate every mission on hard, but there'll be no phoenix credits reward, aside from the 1-3 that also comes from the named elite.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Got a AUG para XS from DZ last night with Brutal and Deadly as the 2 main talents.

Happy with that.

Which dz? Presume one the higher Ones for a drop like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Which dz? Presume one the higher Ones for a drop like that?

It was from the named guy in the subway in DZ02

Right below the extraction.

I have got some ridiculous drops that annoy the **** out of the high level lads i play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What is it, wave 5 or 6 with the shotgunner spam. I was like. Yep, time for a break.

Didn't even get as far as that myself. Wave 3 and nobody was even getting kills. Just trading revives and futilely spamming sticky bombs and then ducking for cover.

I'll not be attempting it with randomers again I don't think. Stuff of nightmares.

• Advertisement

Todays Daily challenges for those stuck at work:
    DAILY MISSIONS - 15/04/16

POLICE ACADEMY - HARD

LEXINGTON EVENT - HARD

WARRENGATE POWER - CHALLENGING

DAILY ASSIGNMENTS

Combat: Eliminate 10 Rikers -10 PxC

Crafting: Collect 5 Fabric - 1 D-Tech

Dark Zone: Collect 3 D-Tech - 7,500 Dz XP

Advertisement