Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I am the glass cannon, seriously need a stamina mod 160DPS 45k Stamina :(

the AUG X3 is just too good not to use, I can kill a challenging shotgunner in 15 bullets as long as he doesnt shoot at me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Went into the DZ to get better gear...got lots of nice golds and a Navy MP5 gold. Went to extract, 0.1 second from completing and a group went rogue and annihilated us.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Police M4, think it dropped off Hornet, but I can't be certain.

i've been waiting so long for a good m4 drop..i hate aks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Apparently all incursion rewards have been put on hold for the week until they fix the major exploit in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Apparently all incursion rewards have been put on hold for the week until they fix the major exploit in it

Exploiters already found a work around to farm Incursion and still get weekly rewards. Till they take their gear and hand out small bans they'll continue to find new ways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The game is starting to resemble a Salvador Dali painting. All over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

An exploit for the exploit type of thing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Apparently DZ extraction not working on Xbox now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Apparently DZ extraction not working on Xbox now
    Chopper pilots are on strike.

Massive in talks with SIPTU to resolve the dispute.

Chopper pilots are on strike.

Massive in talks with SIPTU to resolve the dispute.

I here they are looking for a pay rise in line with the Luas staff :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I here they are looking for a pay rise in line with the Luas staff :D

Aye, all in Gold....none of that 163 sh1t3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Not using the new green armour until I have full set. TBH, I think the new stuff is med gold stuff with a new colour. Finally settled on my build, instead of running 224KDPS and 65K HP I am 195KDPS and 95HP and working out well in DZ.

When I stick on my Green Items I am 190 gear set score but terrible stats. With a gear score of 178 I am a TANK!

Just finished the daily challenging...3 man group, all gear score around 155. What did I get? Prototype firearms mod.....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Not using the new green armour until I have full set. TBH, I think the new stuff is med gold stuff with a new colour. Finally settled on my build, instead of running 224KDPS and 65K HP I am 195KDPS and 95HP and working out well in DZ.

When I stick on my Green Items I am 190 gear set score but terrible stats. With a gear score of 178 I am a TANK!

I felt that way about the Nomad set, just bought the 2 at the DZ06 vendor. They didn't really add much since I had 88% scavenging on my 182 Pads anyway. So just gave them to the Alt as usual. I crafted the same 2 parts of the Sentry's Call set today for the main and actually they turned out very nice. Good boosts in Crit, Marksman dmg etc. and the pads also ended up with 88% scavenging so I didn't lose anything for the RNG godlets. DPS went from 162 to 192, and took them for a few test challenges to make sure it wasn't just padded stats, much more effective.
    I think my ideal build for this stage would be 4xSentry's and 2xStriker. That would be a hell of a damage dealer: 30% Headshots, 20% Armour Dmg, 20% Elite Dmg, 50% Crit Damage, 45% Overall additional with Stalker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Attempted the incursion again today. Got to wave 15 and we died. Only to have to start over again. Pain in the absolute hole

Attempted the incursion again today. Got to wave 15 and we died. Only to have to start over again. Pain in the absolute hole

It's not giving rewards so is there a point putting yourself through that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

It's not giving rewards so is there a point putting yourself through that?

I thought that was only if you used the glitch no?

I thought that was only if you used the glitch no?

No think it's for everyone. Loads of threads on Reddit about it.

https://m.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4f1eu7/massive_this_is_getting_embarrassing_and/

https://m.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4ezuga/so_i_didnt_exploit_challenge_mode_and_now_im/

Here's a tweet

Take a look at @TheDivisionGame's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/721096639595855872?s=09

Apparently they have switched off the loot drops in Incursions because they can't patch the glitches out (a second one has been found where you climb up out of the map and shoot down on top of the APC)

My gear score is 168. How is the DZ divided up now?

Matchmaking put me with 151 & 157 and they disappeared as soon as we entered. So is it 161-170?

My gear score is 168. How is the DZ divided up now?

Doesnt matter you can still access it all you just wont see certain player levels.

I think.

• Advertisement

I'm in gear score 161+ in DZ but I'm only 158...idk how that works

No think it's for everyone. Loads of threads on Reddit about it.

https://m.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4f1eu7/massive_this_is_getting_embarrassing_and/

https://m.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4ezuga/so_i_didnt_exploit_challenge_mode_and_now_im/

Here's a tweet

Take a look at @TheDivisionGame's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/721096639595855872?s=09

Apparently they have switched off the loot drops in Incursions because they can't patch the glitches out (a second one has been found where you climb up out of the map and shoot down on top of the APC)

Yeah they have, way to punish all those 240's walking around the DZ with impunity, and the mob who didn't get to cash in and out for blood are likely the same ones who cleaned the Bullet king out :D

For the record I don't think they should be punished as the idiots on youtube/twitter are calling for, "loot caves" etc are a developers fault, using 3rd party tools are grounds to be banned which wasn't the case here. What ever about the exploit that caused this, it was just a long running known issue with the mobile cover, really you have to question how the fook they found the other one no dev can plan for that :pac:

How would you ? ok we need to beta test ever wall and get people in to do random **** to every wall and ladder in the game :D

Myself and another tried the exploit earlier today, we quit after 10 minutes. I mean seriously **** that spamming an APC with sticky bombs for an hour.

I would question the sanity of anyone who repeatedly did that.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Myself and another tried the exploit earlier today, we quit after 10 minutes. I mean seriously **** that spamming an APC with sticky bombs for an hour.

I would question the sanity of anyone who repeatedly did that.

Boards lad was at it for 2 hours solo last night. He ended up racing against the server shutdown timer. A true hero to us all.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

You can't really settle on a build in this game, usually when you change your gun you have to change your build.

It's pretty annoying.

Spend 20 minutes getting a build for a particular weapon set then a few hours later a better weapon drops and you need to change your build again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Same as tonight

awec wrote: »
    You can't really settle on a build in this game, usually when you change your gun you have to change your build.

It's pretty annoying.

Spend 20 minutes getting a build for a particular weapon set then a few hours later a better weapon drops and you need to change your build again.

I would say that's actually a strength of the game. The depth of loadout decision making is a positive distinguisher. No one element truly and distinctively outshines the other for the intelligent choice. There are myriads of effect when you truly think of the buffs/bonuses/negatives.

I have always been a good reflexive/one-good-shot player so there are bonuses I tend towards that reward and amplify my strengths. This game is finally (although retardedly) moving that way.

I am happy to expend a weeks resources to gain a weapon or set that suits this. At the end of the day it's all pixels anyone can walk away from. What matters is investment of time, and that means investiture. That means balance (Currently lacking) and will (waining).

Incursion? Let's setup dates. At this point we should have platform specific groups. Let's co-ordinate to get gear. Anyone that already has me on their list (or wants to) feel free to interdict what I am doing and suggest a time to try the kill room.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Have to say my love affair is starting to end with this game. Last few days I've logged on, done the dailies and then the thought of just looping around the DZ doing the same old thing on repeat hasn't appealed so I've turned it off. Kind of glad I didn't cave and buy a season pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Have to say my love affair is starting to end with this game. Last few days I've logged on, done the dailies and then the thought of just looping around the DZ doing the same old thing on repeat hasn't appealed so I've turned it off. Kind of glad I didn't cave and buy a season pass.

I'm going the same way. Bit of a Groundhog Day doing the same thing in a hope to find good weapons to to the same thing a bit easier. And if you don't, someone with a better dps will take it from you.

What are they planning for the expansions? Will the be opening up more areas in New York or just coming up with different game modes in what we already have.

It's a great game, but at this stage it's losing its repeat play appeal.

Advertisement