Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

next dlc is free and another incursion type.
    After that the paid DLCs start coming and opening up more areas of New York.
    Can't wait for it. I find being in a good group really makes the game miles better and much more fun.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I haven't even finished upgrading the base yet!!!More into completing the main missions,dailies etc.Think I've actually only been in the Dz once.

Ive still loads to do so not bored yet.
    Only hit level 30 last week so trying now to get decent gear.
    Only unlocked that new incursion this morning and not even lasting 5 minutes on it.

Wouldn't mind teaming up to try complete it.Randomers aren't the best to try complete it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Myself and another tried the exploit earlier today, we quit after 10 minutes. I mean seriously **** that spamming an APC with sticky bombs for an hour.

I would question the sanity of anyone who repeatedly did that.

Dude, you can do the challange mode in 33 mins flat.....:rolleyes:

I would question the sanity of anyone actually trying to do the challange mode legit TBH......lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I would question the sanity of anyone actually trying to do the challange mode legit TBH......lol

So you stand there firing stickies at a target that doesnt shoot back.

Is that fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So you stand there firing stickies at a target that doesnt shoot back.

Is that fun?
    probably more fun than doing it legit..its headwrecking..
    how does the glitch work anyway? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Is there a way to see what difficulty you've done the missions on? I'm pretty sure I've done them all on at least Hard but it says ive 9/10 done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

meh, glad i didn't get the season pass. Cant see myself going back to this anytime soon. Got my money's worth out of it though, 154 hours logged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I'm spending a lot less time in it too, my wife is happy :)

Little does she know Uncharted 4 is out soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Had been saving for the high End Scar the advance seller has in the base when I accepted I'd be better off with a gear set. Bought the striker stuff. Back up to almost 800 PCs again and now realise I'd be better off with the Sentry gear set........sigh. Here we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

The darkzone is so poorly implemented. 2 of us spent 3 hours in it last night, not a single other person there.

• Advertisement

You lucky fecker, I got raped so many times last night by groups of rouges 240 gear score. Tried to change servers 2-3 times no good.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Benzino wrote: »
    The darkzone is so poorly implemented. 2 of us spent 3 hours in it last night, not a single other person there.

I wish I was in your instances. Any time over the last few days I've poked my head into the DZ it's been stripped from top to bottom as if locusts had been through there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I get what your saying ha, but when there are no other players, there is no real point to it. Just another pve experience. Gets boring fast.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Even with other players it gets boring fast. There's still something just not quite right about it.

The area is huge but the number of people in each instance is relatively small so you can go for ages without seeing anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Its not a true pvp experience when you can run into groups that are at far higher levels than you. The fact you can run around for hours without meeting any real people is a major negative.
    That said I had a lot of fun this weekend running it with randoms and a scot I met a couple of weeks ago. Alcohol helps.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I hope they fix that rooftop in the DZ that rogues go to hole up while their timer runs down. Once they get up there they are virtually impossible to kill because there is only one way up and they can see you coming a distance away.

IMO it's too easy for rogues to just run away after killing someone. If they get any sort of head start you'll never catch them, they can just sprint around indefinitely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

fecking rogues. never works for me, always against me. extracted last night. get rushed by baddies. 3 players at the dz. start shooting the rikers. one of the guys at the dz runs in front of me while i am shooting, go rogue. ran off as it was accidental. went a bit away and hid to let the time cool down, guy follows me and kills me. should have kept running. then got a drop of a bit if yellow i really wanted, 4x scope, go to extract, get rushed, me and another guy clear them out, just as done rope drops, he opens up on me and takes me down, steals my loot and extracts, and by the time i spawn he is out of rogue status.

ah the rogues...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Dropped in tonight. Ran the dailies (which don't appear to be changing any more?). Went into DZ, ALL landmarks white. Hmm... so I watch the map, one goes purple 2 seconds later white and repeat. Go to a landmark and wait and sure enough it spawns, in teleports the hacker, blap blap blap, cleared zone and teleport out.

I turn game off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

So a week after the patch and we have Ubisoft threatening to punish players who exploited the Incursion in order to gain an infinite amount of gear set items.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-18-ubisoft-considers-player-punishment-for-widespread-the-division-exploit-which-wrecks-game-balance

Now a couple of things here. I am not going to pretend that I did not make use of this exploit because I did. I ran it once and once only on Hard to see what the fuss was about. I got 1 piece of Tactition armor. I did not have the time to run it again. The players I play with only ran it 2 or 3 times in total but we are all guilty of doing it at least once.

I can't help but agree that it may have broken the DZ beyond repair and in other cases the game beyond repair. You might think what I am saying is extreme but your were only supposed to get 1 piece of gear a week. This Incursion was supposed to last about 2 months. Some players have all they can get within 2 days.

I have seen a party of 4 players all with gear scores of 225+ which means they are running the highest set gear score on their armor. Their guns would bring their gear score down slightly.

Ubisoft cannot and will not punish the players that did exploit the Incursion because they cannot be sure if you got certain items from named bosses in the DZ or even DZ chests and then we have the daily challenging missions that can also drop set pieces. If they were to punish players they would most likely have to do a complete roll back and then you are affecting players that got their items in legit ways.

Bottom line is, I am not sure how the game can recover from the split we have in the community due to this train wreck of a patch. I am already seeing people being kicked from parties because "OMG MAN" he is only a gear score of 170... n00b.

I would like to point out that I am a gear score of 187 at the moment and only 1 of those items is from the Incursion exploit so it is possible to have a decent enough score without being involved in the exploit. However, it is no fun meeting a team of 200+ guys in the DZ that mince players...

The divide in this game is massive now and I honestly worry for it. How can Ubisoft recover some sort of balance, I am not so sure. The only way I cant think of is allow ALL set items to be purchased at the BOO using credits. At least this way players that are at a HUGE disadvantage get themselves onto a level playing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

logik wrote: »
    So a week after the patch and we have Ubisoft threatening to punish players who exploited the Incursion in order to gain an infinite amount of gear set items.

You're first on Ubisoft's list logik.

spanking_kids.jpg

** now, just have to delete my Google history in case my employer wonders why I am Google searching the term "boy spanked by parent"

• Advertisement

Its gonna be very very hard to correct this TBH, option one is to roll back ALL account to the day of the patch and go again = MAJOR PISSED OFF PLAYERS

Other option is to create a new higher bracket for the DZ say 220+ and let the exploiters blow the head of exploiters.

Last option is let the normal named bosses now drop new green gear like its normal gold gear so all players can get it. Even out the playing field and Learn from it and release new armour with new patch.

But in all fairness, even if you are a really high build like myself you are absolutely powerless against any exploiters in groups of two or more.....really are. Even if 4 of you its a mis match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I've not done any glitches and I honestly am really pissed off with those who do. It's pointless and completely takes away from the game. Me and my buddies tried the incursion on hard on Friday night, ran a few times and got to level 15 once but didn't finish it, then on Saturday we realised that you stay down where the ammo drops are and we did it's twice in a row without glitching easily(I only did it once because I had to log off). It's not that hard to do if you stay down where you get the ammo and work as a team so why bother glitching.

The most annoying glitch though has to be rogues glitching though walls in the DZ to let their times run down. I've lost count now of how many times I've seen people doing this on the ledge in DZ1 and honestly it's pathetic. Myself and my group now have a rule that if peeps do this we wait for their timers to run down and let them come down then kill them anyway. Of course what now happens is they wait for the timer to go down and they then change servers.

It's a great game for me and I love it but these cheaters need to get a grip of themselves and stop ruining the game. I really don't see the attraction of going rogue and then glitching rather than trying to stay alive by legitimate means.

Oh and I now have 3 greens from my weekends play. Good times. The Friday night DZ was the best laugh I had in a long time. We had a good group on and we had a running battle with a bunch of Germans for a few hours. We were all on game chat so we managed to have a proper laugh with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Its gonna be very very hard to correct this TBH, option one is to roll back ALL account to the day of the patch and go again = MAJOR PISSED OFF PLAYERS

Other option is to create a new higher bracket for the DZ say 220+ and let the exploiters blow the head of exploiters.

Last option is let the normal named bosses now drop new green gear like its normal gold gear so all players can get it. Even out the playing field and Learn from it and release new armour with new patch.

But in all fairness, even if you are a really high build like myself you are absolutely powerless against any exploiters in groups of two or more.....really are. Even if 4 of you its a mis match.

Named bosses dropping the new green gear is the only one that makes sense. Doing that and at the same time removing one of the main ways to do the exploits, mobile cover, would definitely help. Punishing players is not the solution and is only going to make things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

logik wrote: »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-18-ubisoft-considers-player-punishment-for-widespread-the-division-exploit-which-wrecks-game-balance

Now a couple of things here. I am not going to pretend that I did not make use of this exploit because I did. I ran it once and once only on Hard to see what the fuss was about. I got 1 piece of Tactition armor. I did not have the time to run it again. The players I play with only ran it 2 or 3 times in total but we are all guilty of doing it at least once.

I can't help but agree that it may have broken the DZ beyond repair and in other cases the game beyond repair. You might think what I am saying is extreme but your were only supposed to get 1 piece of gear a week. This Incursion was supposed to last about 2 months. Some players have all they can get within 2 days.

I have seen a party of 4 players all with gear scores of 225+ which means they are running the highest set gear score on their armor. Their guns would bring their gear score down slightly.

Ubisoft cannot and will not punish the players that did exploit the Incursion because they cannot be sure if you got certain items from named bosses in the DZ or even DZ chests and then we have the daily challenging missions that can also drop set pieces. If they were to punish players they would most likely have to do a complete roll back and then you are affecting players that got their items in legit ways.

Bottom line is, I am not sure how the game can recover from the split we have in the community due to this train wreck of a patch. I am already seeing people being kicked from parties because "OMG MAN" he is only a gear score of 170... n00b.

I would like to point out that I am a gear score of 187 at the moment and only 1 of those items is from the Incursion exploit so it is possible to have a decent enough score without being involved in the exploit. However, it is no fun meeting a team of 200+ guys in the DZ that mince players...

The divide in this game is massive now and I honestly worry for it. How can Ubisoft recover some sort of balance, I am not so sure. The only way I cant think of is allow ALL set items to be purchased at the BOO using credits. At least this way players that are at a HUGE disadvantage get themselves onto a level playing field.

I'm sure Ubi can check a log of how many times you've completed Incursions and act on that.

I've not played since the day before Incursion was launched and I've no plan of coming back. Some of the lads I play with were much higher ranked than me and they were been wiped out in seconds once they saw anyone in the DZ. Theres no fun in that for me and I've such a backlog of prefer spend my time getting through that.

I'll be back in a few months once it's all settled down and see how it plays then.

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Named bosses dropping the new green gear is the only one that makes sense. Doing that and at the same time removing one of the main ways to do the exploits, mobile cover, would definitely help. Punishing players is not the solution and is only going to make things worse.

That they haven't pulled mobile cover ages ago makes me think they really don't care much about glichers.

Has anyone here actually used mobile cover for anything other than glitching?

How many locations are you in where there's not already loads of cover provided?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

lol - :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

At the very least they should've disabled the Incursion as soon as they spotted people glitching. And get rid of the mobile cover until they can properly fix it - as mentioned, it's pretty useless in most scenarios.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm sure Ubi can check a log of how many times you've completed Incursions and act on that.

You are talking hundreds of thousands of accounts, no way on earth they are gonna check the log for every account mate....unless they have a way of doing it in batches or the like. TBH its not like peeps have used 3rd party software to hack. That is a new low and should be instant ban IMHO.

As was said, the fact they have not got rid of the mobile extension beggars belief.

Same daily missions for 3rd day in a row :confused:

• Advertisement

Same daily missions for 3rd day in a row :confused:

Yeah they're getting a little tiresome now.

To make it more interesting run the hard's with just a handgun and the challenging with just a Sniper as much as possible.

Advertisement