Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    You are talking hundreds of thousands of accounts, no way on earth they are gonna check the log for every account mate....unless they have a way of doing it in batches or the like. TBH its not like peeps have used 3rd party software to hack. That is a new low and should be instant ban IMHO.

As was said, the fact they have not got rid of the mobile extension beggars belief.

I'd say they have a filter system so they can pull details.

I got an email telling me how long I'd played how many bullets I'd fired during the story missions along with other details etc.

It would be quite easy (assuming the system used to provide those details to me can be applied to Incursions) to filter by those completing Incursion more than 10 times, or completing without firing a shot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Jayop wrote: »
    Yeah they're getting a little tiresome now.

To make it more interesting run the hard's with just a handgun and the challenging with just a Sniper as much as possible.

Weapon themed challenges like that would be a good idea, and would help the variety. Something they need given the lack of endgame content still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I was told they disabled the rewards for the incursion, is that not true?

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Benzino wrote: »
    I was told they disabled the rewards for the incursion, is that not true?

I think you still get the drop from destroying the APC (which is 191 green I think) but the main mission reward is disabled (a 214 green).

Or else it's the other way around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

, playing with someone on my friends list last night in the dz, we took down a named boss and next thing a green bar shoots in the sky. wondered where my gold was when i realised it was a nomad chest plate. sweet, had no green gear till then.

we head off to another location, and i never spotted a riker behind me while i was shooting something else and down i go, dropping the chest plate. couldn't believe i did it. by the time i respawned and got back my mate had quite rightly picked it up

in fairness to him though he went right back to the BOO and dropped it for me. i was quite happy for him to keep it as it was a fair pick up, but he gave it right back. so now have a green chest plate from a level 30 named boss drop.

of course i had just spent a bunch of phoenix credits the night before on a warlord chest plate blueprint which bumped up my dps but hurt my health, so i had bought gloves to get my health back up. now i've swung the other way, health is fine but i don't have high enough firearms to active the bonus on my vector so going to have to address that.

but nomad gear from a lvl 30 boss suggests my high scavenging may be doing something.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Nomad stuff drops in the DZ semi-regularly.

TBH the green stuff isn't great until you have more than one piece of the same set. I have three green items but unfortunately they are from three seperate sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

awec wrote: »
    The Nomad stuff drops in the DZ semi-regularly.

TBH the green stuff isn't great until you have more than one piece of the same set. I have three green items but unfortunately they are from three seperate sets.

You can buy two sets of striker, sentry, tactician and I think nomad gear blueprints from the advanced weapon seller in the base. It's the mask and knee pads. I bought the striker stuff and then found out I should have bought the sentry gear, which I did. It's about 350 - 400 PC per item.

150 phoenix credits for everyone this weekend for the stuck dailies. 500 if you had the backpack/lost gamer issue
    http://www.gamezone.com/news/the-division-giving-free-phoenix-credits-as-compensation-for-bugs-3436176

would help with those gear blueprints. saving 350 takes a while

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

mossym wrote: »
    150 phoenix credits for everyone this weekend for the stuck dailies. 500 if you had the backpack/lost gamer issue
    http://www.gamezone.com/news/the-division-giving-free-phoenix-credits-as-compensation-for-bugs-3436176

would help with those gear blueprints. saving 350 takes a while

Thats class, I mean who doesn't love blatant bribery!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Thats class, I mean who doesn't love blatant bribery!! :D

Awesome, just another 250 or so for my scar L,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I am at a complete loss as to what to spend my phoenix/DZ credits on. I have 4/6 striker set, and 2/6 from two other sets (nothing from the nomad set). My weapons are a gear score of 183 (vector and M4), I have absolutely no idea what to do with my credits.

I bought a clip blueprint from the vendor last night, level 32 and about 160K DZ funds. Are there any good weapons I can purchase? Or mods maybe? I think I have about 500 phoenix credits and 150K DZ funds. Normal credits are used for re-calibrating my gear and weapons.

Is there a site like wowhead that I can visit? I have spent a couple of days searching for info, but most of it is outdated (google algorithms need a kick in the arse).

cocked up last night big time. was trying to increase critical hit chance. was recalibrating an item, said crit hit chance could be 4 to 5.5. rolled. got a 4. that's not good. rolled again. 4. rolled again 4. and again. 4, and again. 4 then tried again. not enough credits.

what? i had a few hundred thousand. forgot completely the cost goes up every roll. wiped out all my credits.

ah well, they will build again. i do think though it's a bit off that after 5 or 6 rolls of a stat that you get the minimum level everytime. sure, the max should be rare, but surely out of 6 rolls one of them should have given something other than the min?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

No fixes in todays maintenance is a joke TBH, how the hell can they threaten to punish people (which is not gonna happen) for exploits when they leave the ****in incursion open this long with no amendments!!!!

Really disappointed its not being fixed today, even the mobile cover disabled would be a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

We pretty much had the run of the DZ last night for about 3 hours. When I logged on there were rogues on my map but I never seen them and in 3 hours I only met about 3 other players apart from my group. As you can imagine we made hay but apart from one green I didn't get much that I'd use.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I find health makes feck all difference , I had 159K health and got 1 shotted to 5% health in pvp and pve and the exact same story when I had 60k health, it seems the game just leaves you at 5% health regardless, makes it feel as if all the stats are a lie and pointless, never seen this sort of scenario in an rpg before.

Ive tested this many times in pve, snipers bringing me down to 5% health both with 160k health and 60k health [exact same NPC], absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Finally reached #30 and said "I can play that mission now" to find out my Gear score is too low to play it.

I have a Gear Score of Zero. How is that? It's like a score for the kit I carry. I go to the kit guy and buy a kit worth 131(as an example) and when I check the score it only moves up something like 14.

What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Lost all motivation to play this.

Sad really as I hadn't looked forward to a game so much in a long time.

Berty wrote: »
    Finally reached #30 and said "I can play that mission now" to find out my Gear score is too low to play it.

I have a Gear Score of Zero. How is that? It's like a score for the kit I carry. I go to the kit guy and buy a kit worth 131(as an example) and when I check the score it only moves up something like 14.

What's going on?

Your gear score is the average of all the pieces in your inventory I'm pretty sure so one piece will only bring your average up a little. The best thing for you to do now is to run the daily hard missions and run the DZ to get all your kit in Gold. It's a piece of piss now compared to how it used to be to gear out in gold and if you run it with people who are levelled up ahead of you they'll probably just give you all the gear they find too because most of it is **** for them.

Are you Xbox? If so I'll take you though a few missions and give you whatever gear I find too. Do that a few times are you're laughing.

What's your DPS now?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Dcully wrote: »
    I find health makes feck all difference , I had 159K health and got 1 shotted to 5% health in pvp and pve and the exact same story when I had 60k health, it seems the game just leaves you at 5% health regardless, makes it feel as if all the stats are a lie and pointless, never seen this sort of scenario in an rpg before.

Ive tested this many times in pve, snipers bringing me down to 5% health both with 160k health and 60k health [exact same NPC], absolutely ridiculous.

It's not wrong per se. Certain damage types will wreck you regardless of stamina stats. A shotgunner at close range or sniper zoned in on your head are gonna deal a hell of a lot more damage than a guy with a rifle from 30 meters away.

Try testing it with taking explosive damage, or how often you get disrupted etc.

In DZ you can definitely see the difference between 60K health and 100+K. You'll get out of far more sticky situations with that little bit extra.

Berty wrote: »

What's going on?

Before level 30 gear has a level, after it has a score so anything you pick up from now on should have a score. Doing the daily missions should net you a high end piece on each one from the boss drops.

• Advertisement

that moment when you clear a boss in the DZ. next thing there are 4 other lads there. not a move out of any of them. you know what is going to happen, but anyway, you grab the gold, then next thing all 4 open up. bang dead, gold gone.

next time i'm going to leave the gold standing there. was a nice m1 too. i just got a chance to see what it was before they wasted me

got a pair of sentry gloves though which softened the blow

Are you Xbox? If so I'll take you though a few missions and give you whatever gear I find too. Do that a few times are you're laughing.

What's your DPS now?

yeah i'm not at the level of some of the lads here but you are welcome to tag along with me on some of the hards, means i'll get through them faster and you'll get the better gear. i'll drop anything i don't need as it's the phoenix credits i want.

that's xbox by the way

Player numbers are down big time you can see it in the servers, and the ones left are mostly the high end glitches. Shame really, scenario now is that 85% of the time you meet groups they are so over powered you ****ed. Better off doing a loop when you kill a boss with other there or make sure u get a few shots on boss and leave let all the rest do donkey work and u still get rewards.

Having said that was in last night with 3 mates and we met another group of 4. We were all obviously the same level as fights went on for ages and we had multiple engagements and it felt brilliant to have a normal fight again. Instead of instant death as soon as shots fired!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It's not wrong per se. Certain damage types will wreck you regardless of stamina stats. A shotgunner at close range or sniper zoned in on your head are gonna deal a hell of a lot more damage than a guy with a rifle from 30 meters away.

Try testing it with taking explosive damage, or how often you get disrupted etc.

In DZ you can definitely see the difference between 60K health and 100+K. You'll get out of far more sticky situations with that little bit extra.

Ive done this in DZ also, even got friends to headshot me sniper rifles,shotguns etc, sticky nade me etc same result, its just pre calibrated bull**** [hey lets just take him down to 5% HP regardless of armour,resistances,HP etc] its a total joke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I've only seen one or two posts in here about the DZ supply drops - do they not add much excitement to the DZ and are being ignored mostly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I've only seen one or two posts in here about the DZ supply drops - do they not add much excitement to the DZ and are being ignored mostly?

I find that there is generally nobody else around to take them, so not too exciting really. They are surrounded by a bunch of elites but you can usually just grab it and leg it without needing to kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Erm.. it's fairly easy to get at least one. They have a boss protecting them so it's worth running them down if close enough. As for the loot it's been one set piece for me and the rest I've ever gotten were purple so pointless.

I've been chasing them but only had one green and the rest were purple.

I've been chasing them but only had one green and the rest were purple.

No where near worth the hassle TBH, if in a group of 4 and no premium loot on board I go for them. Only to kill the boss, the reward in the chest is useless to high level players unless you very lucky.

Then the chance of getting killed by other players is high also. But so so easy even with full AI on site to pop survivor link and secure without firing a shot!

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    No where near worth the hassle TBH, if in a group of 4 and no premium loot on board I go for them. Only to kill the boss, the reward in the chest is useless to high level players unless you very lucky.

Then the chance of getting killed by other players is high also. But so so easy even with full AI on site to pop survivor link and secure without firing a shot!

I do them just for the named boss kill now tbh and the one in 10 chance you night get a green (roughly the odds going by my groups findings). I generally try to pop as many AI as possible now because it's the easiest way of ranking up in the DZ.

I have 5 greens now, and I'm running with three of them, two being strikers gear so I'm going to go for that set now because the 4 piece bonus is excellent. I bought the second last night and it's really imoproved my secondary stats even though it's pulled my dps down a little.

I had been running an AUG at 170k and an M44 at about 120k. The health was pretty low though at around 50k so I've played around, got my primary dps to 130k secondary to 90k and the health to 70k. I have all the bonuses on my AUG too which helps and the fierce bonus on my M44.

A wee tip for anyone running a marksman rifle in the DZ is to equip explosive rounds if targetting high level rogues. 2 head shots with them will take down most rogues regardless of their level. Great especially if they are perched up on a roof somewhere.

Advertisement