Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

mossym wrote: »
    that moment when you clear a boss in the DZ. next thing there are 4 other lads there. not a move out of any of them. you know what is going to happen, but anyway, you grab the gold, then next thing all 4 open up. bang dead, gold gone.

next time i'm going to leave the gold standing there. was a nice m1 too. i just got a chance to see what it was before they wasted me

got a pair of sentry gloves though which softened the blow

Next time don't pick up the gold if you think you are going to be killed like you say. Until you pick it up, no one else can collect your enemy drops. So when they kill you, wait for them to leave, then stroll back up for the gold.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

aye, that's why i said i'd leave it standing there. let them kill me for nothig then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Came across 3 guys in dz tonight who were rogue. I unloaded 158 bullets into one of their heads at close range. Nothing happened. How the is that possible.

PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Keyzer wrote: »
    Came across 3 guys in dz tonight who were rogue. I unloaded 158 bullets into one of their heads at close range. Nothing happened. How the is that possible.

PS4
    They probably popped damage resistance. Its one of those signature skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Keyzer wrote: »

PS4

158 bullets with what weapon? What damage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Jayop wrote:
    158 bullets with what weapon? What damage?

M60 with extended mag. It literally did nothing. They just stood there doing jumping jacks and electrocuting me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Greys0n

i wish it was pc version

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have found the best combo to be 4 x Striker gear and 2 x Sentrys Call....AMAZING SETUP. I only have 3 x 240 pieces of gear the rest are 214....bought the rank 75 Vector in the DZ the other night for 250,000 DZ funds but its VERY VERY hard to even get one good perk on the gun (Brutal, Fierce etc) I rolled it 11 times now and stripped out all my resources. And you need to have very high stats in all three areas to equip one of the other perks!!!!

So I have a 204 gear score gun that is worse then the gold Vector I already have as I dont have 2550 in all DPS, Health AND SKILL POWER!

same dailies again today. more dirty dollars. getting ridiculous now

patch this morning, only real chance was only the C4 can damage the APC. pity they didn't think of that before people exploited the hell out of it and are still complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

at this stage now it's just a matter of what they break next.
    You can slag Destiny all you want about missing content etc and the same few raids but it was extremely stable in game.
    People had problems connecting etc but once you're ingame it was rock solid.
    The Division seems to be a test on how fast you can lose customers by ****ing things up on a regular basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Aye, the last few weeks have been very disheartening. They just keep breaking the damn game, it was better before they released the first patch. What's worse is they haven't shown any real commitment to or common sense when trying to fix exploits - Hell even that git Natchai was doing smilies on his post basically debunking their previous hints that they might punish glitchers. Mobile cover being used repeatedly to perform various glitches...remove it?....hell no...just cripple rewards for anyone who doesn't glitch. I mean what kind of retarded monkey would make that choice? I love the core game, the engine is fantastic, I really enjoyed early days in the DZ but it's becoming a chore to play now. I'd just doing the dailies in what I am increasingly thinking is a vain hope that they will get their act together and fix/re-balance the game.

As for the argument on Incursion glitching the blame has to be shared between Massive and those that have abused it. I'm sorry but those trying to justify it by saying it's just the Dev's fault for leaving it in there are just trying to justify their own engagement in a practice that has essentially shattered the playerbase for the DZ. If it wasn't for how it has affected the DZ I wouldn't care, to me I still wouldn't use the exploits because the fun of the game is in earning the higher end kit, it's in the actual challenge not in simply owning a set of pixels that do better damage to other pixels. The mentality of those that would pelt stickies at a non-moving target for hours to earn enough set pieces just boggles the mind, it completely removes the reason to earn it in the first place. Unless the intent was to overpower folks that didn't exploit in the DZ. Which again is pointless since they way it is going now you are likely only to meet other sad fools who did the same, removing said advantage.

I was ready to buy the season pass on day 2, and I almost never do that anymore, luckily I held off to see what the monthly rewards would be (crap), and how the game would develop. Basically if they do not majorly overhaul the game, their approach to patching and rebalance the current playerbase (have named bosses in and out of the DZ drop 204-240 gear for a few weeks) this game is done. The only folks left will the people that exploited the hell out of it and by their nature they don't have enough patience to actually play the game as intended and will simply move on aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Drunk purchased the Phakan last night why I dont know :( (drunk at 2am in the morning is the obvious reason) thing is I dont need it as I have a gold Navy MP5 which is awesome but I spent over 400,000 of my hard earned credits on it... is it any good I have all the talents up but by hell does it kick up when you pull the trigger.

That'll teach me, otherwise had good fun running through all the daily missions with a bunch randoms last night all had mics so we breezed through the Russian consulate even on challenging

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Drunk purchased the Phakan last night why I dont know :( (drunk at 2am in the morning is the obvious reason) thing is I dont need it as I have a gold Navy MP5 which is awesome but I spent over 400,000 of my hard earned credits on it... is it any good I have all the talents up but by hell does it kick up when you pull the trigger.

It's a very effective Anti-Elite weapon, only middling otherwise. Primary mods should be for Stability (both types), RoF and Mag Size. The kick is controllable, just like playing BF or similar games you learn to manually compensate as you fire (slowly push down). I used it for weeks before finally upgrading to the MP5 (which is much better overall).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

it defo was a backward step for me ah well, as you say it would have been good alright a couple of weeks ago when I couldn't get the MP5 but now meh, I wont give up on it just yet

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bought maybe 1 gun at level 3 then figured out scrapping everything was the way forward as you always found better.

Spent neatly 2 million on the Cassidy Pakhan and a Vector, instantly found better weapons on the very next mission :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'd say don't bother buying any weapons or weapons blueprints until you're a level 30. If you're lacking a decent piece of gear elsewhere then go for it because in all honestly the credits you get are essentially worthless once you do hit level 30. Then it's all about phoenix credits and DZ currency (which I've yet to spend any of).

I'll spend the PC's as I feel I need to but I'm saving the DZ currency till I hit Level 75 and then that sweet super high end Vector BP will be mine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    it defo was a backward step for me ah well, as you say it would have been good alright a couple of weeks ago when I couldn't get the MP5 but now meh, I wont give up on it just yet

I think the Pakhan was the first HE weapon I got, almost cleared out my funds at the time but was worth it. As creed mentions it's great against elites, I had an extended mag on mine which gave 93 rounds per mag, it was savage, handy enough to control too. Used it as my primary until I had enough pcredits to get the Vector, then used it as secondary.

Managed to play a few hours this evening since the patch, those gear set pieces are bloody expensive at over 300 pcredits each! Guess I'll start saving for some of them.

Bought a Tactical AUG A3P blueprint from the safehouse in dz3 which rolled fairly nice for me; Swift, Brutal and Ferocious I think it was. Finally replaced my Vector anyway so was happy with that.

Do any of you folks use the Tenebrae? Wondering is it worth getting as I'm not sure how much the First Wave M1A is or how long that would take to obtain.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Do any of you folks use the Tenebrae? Wondering is it worth getting as I'm not sure how much the First Wave M1A is or how long that would take to obtain.

Just bought it last night. Nothing special really. I do like it but my load-out is geared toward sniping so YMMV.

Probably not worth it if you only want a decent sniper rifle to use sporadically.

It's a bit of a beast at mid range though, with a 8x CQBSS scope and mods that boost stability and headshot damage.

You can get up to 40 rounds in the mag just with a purple extended mag.

I also like the look of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

logik wrote: »

Was just about to post the same link. Here's the reddit post explaining the method: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4fs4ud/post_hotfix_incursion_glitch/

Seriously, take mobile cover out the game for the time being or disable/nerf it somehow.

• Advertisement

Was just about to post the same link. Here's the reddit post explaining the method: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4fs4ud/post_hotfix_incursion_glitch/

Seriously, take mobile cover out the game for the time being or disable/nerf it somehow.

I haven't actually seen a single person use it for anything other than exploiting the game.

I haven't actually seen a single person use it for anything other than exploiting the game.

Exactly. It's a cover based shooter, when are you ever more than quick sprint or a roll or two from indestructible cover. It's a bit puzzling why they haven't done something about it before now - maybe the engine they're using or the programming involved to fix it isn't straight forward. Can they not sort out some kind of collision detection to tell when the edges of the mobile cover overlaps a permanent barrier/door/wall/fence etc and block this.

150 Phoenix Credits have been added to the rewards vendor...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

mossym wrote: »
    150 Phoenix Credits have been added to the rewards vendor...

That would give me 700ish. I need 950 before midnight to get the Scar in the Base. I have two characters and dailies so could do it but is the Scar worth it, anyone know?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    That would give me 700ish. I need 950 before midnight to get the Scar in the Base. I have two characters and dailies so could do it but is the Scar worth it, anyone know?

That's a lot of credits to spend on a single item (unless you're farming 100+ credits a day or something). Do you use assault rifles much? Is your Electronics stat high enough to trigger the first two talents seeing as you're stuck with them since it's not a blueprint.

easy come easy go. extra 150 gave me enough for a blueprint for a second bit of striker gear. back to saving up again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's a lot of credits to spend on a single item (unless you're farming 100+ credits a day or something). Do you use assault rifles much? Is your Electronics stat high enough to trigger the first two talents seeing as you're stuck with them since it's not a blueprint.

Yeah I know this is reasonable comment. It's just I've wanted it so long. Ah I'll let it go I need to do stuff on Destiny anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tbh I think the exploit was found during the week but whoever it was decided to release it after the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm splashin out on the scar anyway...phoenix credits are easy to come by now with Lexington and DZ.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah I know this is reasonable comment. It's just I've wanted it so long. Ah I'll let it go I need to do stuff on Destiny anyway.

If you really want it go for it. Sure it's only virtual money. :)

I had nowhere near that sort of credits even with the extra 150 we got. Held off on buying the Tenebrae for the time being, the Socom I have at the minute will do me until I save up enough credits again or I find a First Wave M1A.

Bought some weapon and gear mods and one piece of Striker gear instead, the gloves I think it was - got a decent Firearms roll on the second crafting of it so decided to equip it. Up to 199k dps and 61k hp now, previously 179k & 76k. Really liking the Tactical AUG, although I have to get out of that Vector habit of reloading after killing a single mob. :pac:

Advertisement