Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Got my first gear set item from DZ after finally managing to extract items without being mowed down :pac: nomad gloves I think they are

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Got my first gear set item from DZ after finally managing to extract items without being mowed down :pac: nomad gloves I think they are

we won't tell you you can buy those from a DZ vendor and equip them asap :)

Just got my own first Green drop in the DZ, a nice pair of Sentry gloves to go with the 2 pieces I crafted. Many thanks M4ylar and co. for helping me extract safely....that was a wee bit nerve racking, but oh so worth it :).

And if you haven't seen it already the truly HE Aug and M1A are for sale at the BoO Special vendor this week. Reasonable talents and expensive but I figured they would do something like that after everyone bitching they were cycled out of the DZ vendor so fast.

_CreeD_ wrote: »

BoO Special vendor

which vendor?..never mind..base of operations..damn I just bought the scar-l as well

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    we won't tell you you can buy those from a DZ vendor and equip them asap :)

I only hit lvl 30 DZ today, presuming I wouldn't have been able to buy them...but do tell?? Which vendors?

I only hit lvl 30 DZ today, presuming I wouldn't have been able to buy them...but do tell?? Which vendors?

I think its the one in DZ05/06. Think its the topmost guy.
    You can buy 2 pieces rated 192 and the 204 gear is level 70 blueprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I have to say one thing and that it's wonderful how inventive people are for finding glitches. You almost can't help but be impressed at how people figure this sh*t out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I f**d up again, after the disaster of buying the phakan for 400k. It was so crap i melted it down for parts I just couldn't use it. I had also sold my purple police m4 so I decided just to use my navy mp5 and gold vector for a while happy days. That's until i discovered when I was in the depths of the DZ battling a mob and I saw I was running low on ammo for my mp5 so I switched to my secondary(vector) and surprise surprise that uses smg ammo also!!! what an idiot it never dawned on me.... I had also just used all my my p-cedits on a new fancy gear set item so I have no money or credits to buy a decent assault or marksman rifle :(

One thing I have noticed have they changed falcon lost where now you can do it on hard and they give you a gear set item as well. The only difference between hard now and challenging is just extra p-credits. Or was it that way all the time?

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    And if you haven't seen it already the truly HE Aug and M1A are for sale at the BoO Special vendor this week. Reasonable talents and expensive but I figured they would do something like that after everyone bitching they were cycled out of the DZ vendor so fast.

The AUG looks much tastier imo - Brutal, Vicious and Meticulous with no electronics requirements. 62 credits cheaper too! :pac: Suppose it depends on your requirements/build though.
    ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I f**d up again, after the disaster of buying the phakan for 400k. It was so crap i melted it down for parts I just couldn't use it. I had also sold my purple police m4 so I decided just to use my navy mp5 and gold vector for a while happy days. That's until i discovered when I was in the depths of the DZ battling a mob and I saw I was running low on ammo for my mp5 so I switched to my secondary(vector) and surprise surprise that uses smg ammo also!!! what an idiot it never dawned on me.... I had also just used all my my p-cedits on a new fancy gear set item so I have no money or credits to buy a decent assault or marksman rifle :(

Yeah no point equiping the same type of weapon in primary and secondary. I use either the SOCOM Mk20 (marksman) or Black Market AK-74 (assault) as my secondary. Have the Pakhan just in case but don't really use it since I have Ferocious talent on the AUG now, still a great starting LMG imo though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lol I did the same thing with 2 smg's

Jayop wrote: »
    Lol I did the same thing with 2 smg's

Same here, reckon most folk have done it at some stage. :o

One thing that annoys me a little bit about the game is sometimes I can't trust the stats figures when messing about with gear. I have to log out and back in to confirm the figures.

Got some nice HE weapon mods in the DZ last night which bumped my primary dps to 200k. Also got a Nomad chest drop which I was going to use but it's not as good as my current, so I decided to re-calibrate my current chest instead, change it up a little. Changed +dmg to elites to +Armour. DPS drops from 200k to 182k (secondary dropped aswell). Thought oh crap that was a waste of 30k credits. Logged out and back in and DPS back to 200k. Wtf.
    Re-calibrated it again to get a mod slot which bumped me to 204k dps with a firearms mod.

I love thinkering with gear in this game but sometimes it feels a little wonky (unless it's my lack of understanding or something!).

Yeah, I also get that weird DPS changing thing. One second my primary could be 150k dps, next it suddenly drops back down to 130k dps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah I have had that too. I've alos had it changed depending whether the weapon is primary or secondary. Last night I had an AUG which was 185k if selected as primary but dropped to 155k when selected as Secondary. My assault rifle was doing the same thing.

I've extracted loads of gold from the DZ lately and all of it is worse than my current gear. Can't get my stats higher at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

superg wrote: »
    Yeah I have had that too. I've alos had it changed depending whether the weapon is primary or secondary. Last night I had an AUG which was 185k if selected as primary but dropped to 155k when selected as Secondary. My assault rifle was doing the same thing.

I've extracted loads of gold from the DZ lately and all of it is worse than my current gear. Can't get my stats higher at all.

I've been focusing on buying and getting greens. Three strikers gear items now so I'm getting good bonuses there and I've a few other greens too. My gear score is almost 200 now.

I've been focusing on buying and getting greens. Three strikers gear items now so I'm getting good bonuses there and I've a few other greens too. My gear score is almost 200 now.

That's what I'm going for as well three striker gear got two atm and and as you said when you get three there are good bonus 50% increase to your crit hits and 20% elite armour damage as far as I know.

Where you getting them? I can't buy any decent greens cos my DZ level is only 42 and I've only done the infuriating incursion twice and got **** green drops both times. Both tactical vests. I want sentry or striker

My gear score is 180 but I don't think that matters really. I can get it higher but the drop off in dps makes it seem pointless. I got one pair of good striker gloves via blueprint from the lad in the Boo.

Trying to matchmake for the incursion and keep getting booted! Can't even attempt to get the gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Beat incursion for the 1st time (2nd time trying it) No exploits got Sentry and Tactican harnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone else experiencing a bug where you fall through the map when starting a mission? When you join a group you're falling as you load into it, and when you go to the location on foot it happens when you approach the mission area?

• Advertisement

superg wrote: »
    Where you getting them? I can't buy any decent greens cos my DZ level is only 42 and I've only done the infuriating incursion twice and got **** green drops both times. Both tactical vests. I want sentry or striker

My gear score is 180 but I don't think that matters really. I can get it higher but the drop off in dps makes it seem pointless. I got one pair of good striker gloves via blueprint from the lad in the Boo.

He sells two pieces of sentry, striker gear, tactician too iirc.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Beat incursion for the 1st time (2nd time trying it) No exploits got Sentry and Tactican harnesses.

Was it any fun? Looks like an awful slog. Haven't been tempted to give it a go yet.
    Anyone else experiencing a bug where you fall through the map when starting a mission? When you join a group you're falling as you load into it, and when you go to the location on foot it happens when you approach the mission area?

Not specifically when starting a mission but happened twice last night and again this morning when in the DZ. Game also lagging a bit on me the last day or two.

The incursion is an awful slog, if you can actually get into it without twats kicking you!

What a stroke of luck :) , as I mentioned earlier I was running on two smgs and no money or credits to buy any decent AR then I got a lucky drop from one of the daily hard mission a gold mk14 AR. Is only has a gs163 but with all the gold mods I have the thing is like a laser, you can get the entire clip into dudes it just might replace my navy MP5, well maybe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I thought it was stupid but once you find a reasonable strategy its ok, the reward was worth it tho.

just god Midas in DZ..immediate extraction :)

regarding the whole falling through the floor etc you need to restart the game..don't worry you'll still be in the party.

169 gear score and bought the AUG for like 800 pxc from the vendor...hit 170k DPS now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

169 gear score and bought the AUG for like 800 pxc from the vendor...hit 170k DPS now :D

Is that Aug para any gud?

Is that Aug para any gud?

It's pretty good for me..an upgrade on the 120dps vector I had before. Don't have 1 of the talents unlocked yet tho...need to get 2.5k stamina or something. I heard there's a good chest piece or something in the special weapons vendor, so I'll probably pick that up tomorrow and see if it increases stamina

It's pretty good for me..an upgrade on the 120dps vector I had before. Don't have 1 of the talents unlocked yet tho...need to get 2.5k stamina or something. I heard there's a good chest piece or something in the special weapons vendor, so I'll probably pick that up tomorrow and see if it increases stamina

For a build set around SMGs (Crits etc.) the Aug XS currently from the BoO is a beast.I replaced a nice MP5 that had me at 208 DPS bringing it to 232. I take the main stat number calculations with a big pinch of salt so tested it on various challenges and it is MUCH better. Since the current BoO has a talent for head shots pairing it with Sentry's Call gear is beneficial. I have 3 of those and this thing melts elites like butter if you are decent at maintaining head shots.

• Advertisement

As much as the last few patches, the exploits and the change in DZ solo survivability have pissed me off I just had one of those rare 'This is why I stuck with it' moments.

Played tonight's (and the last few days) daily challenge at Lincoln. Join an existing match, 2 seconds later the leader leaves, might have been downwind of me and smelled the beer. Anywayz one of the other guys, French I think, yells something and charges in, the other guy leaves. I ask if he wants to wait for more players, yells something else in frenchishness, doesn't take the shortcut but sets up well for the oncoming NPCs. Fk it I say (in a display of massive Irishnicity) and on we go. Get to the end, die, can't fast travel in, have to run back, he dies, try telling him in english that I will be there in a min. and not to quit....and he actually waits. I fight my way back to him, res and on goes the cycle of death and retries.... For about an hour. We finally killed that sniping bastage and christ if it was not one of the best gaming experiences of the last few years for me. No common language if you didn't have enough experience, or faith in the other player, to guess what the teammate was saying but it still worked. Sounds with intent and a faith in the skill you had seen from your partner to make it work. Even if it is the easiest challenge mission :).

Bloody Awesome.

Advertisement