Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

Hey guys, just wondering if there is any ps4 chat for this. Been trying to get the incursion done but trying to match make is a nightmare. If anyone is up for giving me a hand tonight would be cool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

matched up with 3 guys for incursion and walked through to wave 15 for first time ever..for some reason 2 of the guys decided to go for the explosive with around 10 enemies around them and died..the other 2 of us lasted about 1 minute after that...sheer stupidity of them..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Blazer wrote: »
    matched up with 3 guys for incursion and walked through to wave 15 for first time ever..for some reason 2 of the guys decided to go for the explosive with around 10 enemies around them and died..the other 2 of us lasted about 1 minute after that...sheer stupidity of them..:mad:

Exact same thing happened to me today. Infuriating.

Tried to do it with 4 different groups today, each worse than the last. Eventually gave up.

The amount of colossal f***ing r***rds in this game is mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

well if anyone is up for it on xbox1 add me..Airblazer
    on most nights around 9pm-11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Blazer wrote: »

Pretty much my experience so far

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

hammering the challenging mode at the moment to get phoenix credits for a third piece of striker gear. amazing the amount of people that haven't figured out the lincoln tunnel tricks, running down the side, leaving the last guy alive in the first wave while protecting the bomb defuser. but that said, after a couple of succesful runs last night, where both times the guys knew to run the side, i teamed up with 3 200+ score guys, all ran the side, but within 1 minute of getting up the ladder they were all dead. and couldn't get to them to revive given the stupid locations they had gone to.

so joined new group, all 180 ish guys. (Which i am too). thought crap this will be tough, especially when they didn't run down the side and took the first bunch of guys on. but turned out to be the most enjoyable run of the night. apart from a couple of revives we fairly blazed through the run, so lesson learnt don't always trust gear score.

i'm amazed though at those with 180k+ DPS. i've a 182 Vector with all gold mods(DZ and hard mode drops now admittedly except for a gold extended mag which i bought the blueprint for), and i'm only at 120k. that's with a couple of striker pieces. so how the hell are you lot getting to 180k and higher? whats the biggest lump, is it the gun base score, mods, or gear adders that are doing it?

my vector rolled pretty well, has brutal and fierce so don't think i want to go changing that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mossym wrote: »
    hammering the challenging mode at the moment to get phoenix credits for a third piece of striker gear. amazing the amount of people that haven't figured out the lincoln tunnel tricks, running down the side, leaving the last guy alive in the first wave while protecting the bomb defuser. but that said, after a couple of succesful runs last night, where both times the guys knew to run the side, i teamed up with 3 200+ score guys, all ran the side, but within 1 minute of getting up the ladder they were all dead. and couldn't get to them to revive given the stupid locations they had gone to.

so joined new group, all 180 ish guys. (Which i am too). thought crap this will be tough, especially when they didn't run down the side and took the first bunch of guys on. but turned out to be the most enjoyable run of the night. apart from a couple of revives we fairly blazed through the run, so lesson learnt don't always trust gear score.

i'm amazed though at those with 180k+ DPS. i've a 182 Vector with all gold mods(DZ and hard mode drops now admittedly except for a gold extended mag which i bought the blueprint for), and i'm only at 120k. that's with a couple of striker pieces. so how the hell are you lot getting to 180k and higher? whats the biggest lump, is it the gun base score, mods, or gear adders that are doing it?

my vector rolled pretty well, has brutal and fierce so don't think i want to go changing that.

Going from a purple scope to a gold one made my reported DPS jump 10k. And that's on a 182 GS Black Market AK-74.

was it a dropped gold scope though or did you buy it/a blueprint? i have all gold mods on the gun but most are drops. i get a>10k improvement from the extended mag i crafted from a blueprint, so wondering is it just the mods i have are crap golds

amazing the amount of people that haven't figured out the lincoln tunnel tricks, running down the side

I've actually gotten into arguments with people over that. Have been kicked from groups a load of times too when I do it.

People see it as an exploit. Ridiculous really

I've actually gotten into arguments with people over that. Have been kicked from groups a load of times too when I do it.

People see it as an exploit. Ridiculous really

how is it an exploit? don't the guys just follow you down and end up in the main area outside the tunnel anway? it's just reaching cover

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

was it a dropped gold scope though or did you buy it/a blueprint? i have all gold mods on the gun but most are drops. i get a>10k improvement from the extended mag i crafted from a blueprint, so wondering is it just the mods i have are crap golds

I bought a blueprint in the BoO for that one.

Spear wrote: »
    I bought a blueprint in the BoO for that one.

ah i think that is the trick, need to get some decent blueprints and not rely on the dropped gear.

once i get my third bit of striker gear i might save up for a decent scope.

also my have a look at the blueprints in the dz vendors. those DZ credits must be good for something.

PC buy higher end stuff
    standard credits allow rolling
    dz credits - ??

how is it an exploit? don't the guys just follow you down and end up in the main area outside the tunnel anway? it's just reaching cover

Think it depends on whether the first few lads spot you on the way down. Using Survivor Link and Pulse with the scrambler perk helps to avoid that.

Some people see any shortcut as 'exploiting' the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ah i think that is the trick, need to get some decent blueprints and not rely on the dropped gear.

once i get my third bit of striker gear i might save up for a decent scope.

also my have a look at the blueprints in the dz vendors. those DZ credits must be good for something.

PC buy higher end stuff
    standard credits allow rolling
    dz credits - ??

Personally, I simply wasn't seeing any HE weapon mods dropping. And while you can recalibrate a dropped mod, you can't reroll one anew, so it made long term sense for me at least, to drop some PxC on the blueprint.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

For the Vector (or any SMG) your HE extended mag should be 100%+ and have a high rate of fire as the second perk - that will bump your DPS way more than 10k. Also wear gear that has has SMG dmg, crit chance and crit dmg, re-calibrate to get them if need be. If your health is really high then re-calibrate a piece to swap stamina for firearms. It also depends on the weapons base dmg too of course.

I was using a Vector (blueprint) for ages, rolled it 4 times I think until I got a half decent roll but still couldn't use all of it's talents - electronics... But I was always stuck around 130-140k dps. Buying HE firearms mods and recalibrating gear to have mod slots helped increase it.

I then bought that Tactical AUG A3P blueprint (not the 800+ credits one) which had better base stats than my Vector, got a decent roll with the talents first time. Think I have all firearms mods in the gear slots. Also bought some HE weapon mods (grip, muzzle etc). Currently at 214k dps and 61k hp with GS of 177 I think. If I swap out my Strikers knee pad (or mask can't remember which) for a HE version I change to 204k dps 73k hp.

Overall I have 3 Strikers pieces which bumps my GS to 189 I think but my health plummets to 45k and dps drops so only wearing one piece for now.

Re: Lincoln Tunnel - I find it depends more on the team whether running down the right side makes any difference - doing it normally doesn't take that long if the team is good. But I do prefer when folks leave one mob alive when defending the tunnel alright. Farming that one too for credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mag and improved ironsits/Holo Scope almost doubled my AUG from 87 base to 183

Have found my purple scope to be better than any gold one I have crafted or found.

Will up pic later.

cheers. will be farming lincoln on challenging again later tonight so

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Totally bored of the game, now, DZ is a snoozefest.
    PVE is good but the incursion is mind numbingly boring and you need to run it to progress your gear.
    Game needs content badly,players falling off as fast as Battlefront and that's saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

how do you know players are falling off? I've just got to level 30 so hititng dz now. My friends love it, like obsessively!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Dcully wrote: »
    Totally bored of the game, now, DZ is a snoozefest.
    PVE is good but the incursion is mind numbingly boring and you need to run it to progress your gear.
    Game needs content badly,players falling off as fast as Battlefront and that's saying something.

I took a week off the division recently after feeling board of it. I played other games. Now that I am back playing it I am enjoying it.

I believe the mistake Destiny and The Division have made is not releasing new content at least every 4 weeks. Even just a new mission. The Destiny player base completely dropped off the cliff due to such long periods without content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

leaving the last guy alive in the first wave while protecting the bomb defuser.

I don't understand this one. If you leave him alive you just have to sit in an awkward silence for 2mins. At least if you kill him you have something to do to pass the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Rob2D wrote: »
    I don't understand this one. If you leave him alive you just have to sit in an awkward silence for 2mins. At least if you kill him you have something to do to pass the time.
    Its used to be only 1 minute, then the devs changed it to 2.5 minutes. So at the moment it is better just to kill them to pass the time although if you're a much lower level it can be easier to wait the 2.5 minutes but I say kill em allll.

Rob2D wrote: »

yeah can see that arguement alright. risk removal i guess. happened over the weekend, playing with randoms, we cruised through everything up to there,wiped out the first wave, guy kills the last one, second wave spawns, 3 bat wielders get over the wall, and wiped out the two guys crouched behind it . other two of us then were left with a solid wave coming at us, and not much we could do

it was a freak event, usually its no problem beating off the waves there. but why take the risk.

hardest part of that mission is clearing the yard the first time. no reason to risk having to do it again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

IvoryTower wrote: »
    how do you know players are falling off? I've just got to level 30 so hititng dz now. My friends love it, like obsessively!

Being involved in the community, active on forums,numbers of live streamers and viewers down massively, finding it a lot slower to find groups all point to numbers falling off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://divisiontracker.com/leaderboards/pc/Playtime?page=1

some of those are just taking the piss.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

cheers. will be farming lincoln on challenging again later tonight so

If you're on PC add me and I'll join in the fun farming too. :D

Xbox I'm afraid

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Also wear gear that has has SMG dmg, crit chance and crit dmg, re-calibrate to get them if need be. If your health is really high then re-calibrate a piece to swap stamina for firearms. It also depends on the weapons base dmg too of course.

Overall I have 3 Strikers pieces which bumps my GS to 189 I think but my health plummets to 45k and dps drops so only wearing one piece for now.

cheers for the detailed reply yesterday. ran the missions last night, the two hards then did 3 run throughs on lexington. got my third striker piece, so now have 3 of those and a nomad piece. the nomad piece is chest armor, i have a warlord gold that gives me a huge bump in dps(20k+) but savages my health so leave the nomad on and health at 68k with decent armor.

had a look at my stats and noticed i had decent bonus on AR hits, which explains why my level 163 AK47 tends to mow down opponents, but nothing for SMG which explains why my 192 vector didn't seem as strong, so rolled the attributes on my new striker bit, got rid of pistol bonus and got a nice bonus on smg. never got a chance to try it out, but the nights messing around got my dps up over 30k, now at almost 150k, and i know a few things to change to improve that a bit more .

won't be collecting as many phoenix tonight though, watergate is both a hard and the challenging today so that will prevent multiple runs at challenging.

annoying thing though. my nomad piece has +85% scavenging, couple other pieces add scavenging as well. i know the opinion on reddit that the first digit means nothing so 123% is only 23%. but saying all that, i've run lincoln and lexington roughly 10 or so times in the last 2 days. both bosses supposedly can drop a green, but I've not gotten one in any of the 10 missions. none of the randoms i was playing with, many of whom i was chatting with, got a green either. that's some awfully low odds.

really need to give the incursion a go.

Since it wasn't mentioned yet, don't use any equipment with a "protection from elites" stat. It doesn't do at all. Instead it does the reverse and boosts elite damage against you. Massive have acknowledged this, but only on a Twitch stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Forgive me if this has been asked before but I picked this up over the weekend and have just arrived in Manhattan. But there seems to be nothing interesting happening in the game ?Am I missing something ? It just seems to me like it's a modern version of the classic "Freedom Fighters" but without the story to back it up ?
    I'll admit the city is beautiful (Reminds me of Neither actually) and effects very cool but it just seems soulless to me ? Should I give it another chance of if I don't like it now am I likely to like it more later ?

Advertisement