Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Frankie I be online in 20mins when its back up hit me up in party chat and we have a yap while doing the daily, I tell you what I know if it helps ya mate.

Thanks man, I'll just tell the boss I'm going home sick :pac: :P

I often thought about joining you, but you're a ridiculous score (and probably good, whereas I'm more mediocre) so I left you alone for fear of holding you back!

If I'm not on this evening, I'll defo be on tomorrow evening. If you're not involved with another group then any hints or help would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Maintenance is underway today to fix more glitches.

Supposedly Tuesdays are now Thursdays when it comes to server maintenance.

Another Falcon Lost exploit was fixed, too. Find the full list below.

• Protection from Elites will now correctly reduce damage received from Elite enemies
    • Fixed a bug with Rehabilitated where the talent could remain active when used in combination with a tear gas grenade
    • Fixed an exploit where players could go through walls by using a ladder while the Jumping Jack emote is active
    • Falcon Lost: Players will no longer be able to shoot inside the incursion when they are standing outside of it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

SharpCoder wrote: »
    Maintenance is underway today to fix more glitches.

Supposedly Tuesdays are now Thursdays when it comes to server maintenance.

Another Falcon Lost exploit was fixed, too. Find the full list below.

• Protection from Elites will now correctly reduce damage received from Elite enemies
    • Fixed a bug with Rehabilitated where the talent could remain active when used in combination with a tear gas grenade
    • Fixed an exploit where players could go through walls by using a ladder while the Jumping Jack emote is active
    • Falcon Lost: Players will no longer be able to shoot inside the incursion when they are standing outside of it

Nice!! I equiped a 3rd piece of Strikers gear last night to get the second set bonus - even though it had 6% Protection from Elites. I can leave it on so. :)

Had a decent hour or two last night, changed some gear & mods about to increase my Armour, have damage mitigation up to 55% now (up from 44) and could feel the difference. DPS down to 200. Happy with that trade of for now anyway.

For once I actually enjoyed the Russian Consolate on challenging - rarely ever do it. The rest of the team were all 190+ GS with me being 180 at the time I think. When you get to that library section the plonkers all got themselves killed - "res plz" - managed to kill the remaining two mobs and revive them. Great feeling! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Does anyone else ever fall through the map when sniping from the rooftop at the last part of Lincoln? Happened to me a fee times now after looking down sight I find myself dropping into a small room with no entrance or exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Jayop wrote: »
    Does anyone else ever fall through the map when sniping from the rooftop at the last part of Lincoln? Happened to me a fee times now after looking down sight I find myself dropping into a small room with no entrance or exit.

Yeah a lot. I now generally run up the ladder on the left (where you first clear out the level) to take out the two LMGs and subsequent snipers. Usually works unless you get killed and your stupid teammates don't come and revive.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah a lot. I now generally run up the ladder on the left (where you first clear out the level) to take out the two LMGs and subsequent snipers. Usually works unless you get killed and your stupid teammates don't come and revive.

Yeah I managed to get though it last night without being downed but some of the positions my team mates were taking up were unreal. They were spread about everywhere.

For that part I like two to stay downstairs and guard yer man and two up top sniping.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

superg wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to buy a blueprint for a Striker or Sentry chest piece? I have a tactician one but its not great.

pretty sure they are incursion drop only items. nomad and tactician are drops outside of incursion

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yay, Hamish posted that a ban wave is incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Spear wrote: »
    Yay, Hamish posted that a ban wave is incoming.
    They can barely get the game right.

I am guessing their ban will be super effective :D

They can barely get the game right.

I am guessing their ban will be super effective :D

I also wonder, for non-permanent bans, are they going to roll back characters to before they got all their gear using hacking/exploiting methods. Level the playing field a bit in the DZ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Assuming the bans are in relation to the Falcon Lost glitches, Instead of banning people or rolling back their gear, they should should lock rewards for them in the next incursion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Assuming the bans are in relation to the Falcon Lost glitches, Instead of banning people or rolling back their gear, they should should lock rewards for them in the next incursion.

banning them or rolling back their gear would be much better imo...so they can't run around the DZ anymore with OP loadouts that they glitched for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The Russian consulate took me 3 hours to do the first time I did it on challenge. 10 minutes tops now! The power plant is still a git though I get it done a lot quicker then it used to take.

Tried the incursion again last night and got killed 4 times in seconds then everybody quit. My guns kill level 32 guys with a single mag in other missions yet level 32 guys in the incursion are bullet proof, pain in the arse.

The Russian consulate took me 3 hours to do the first time I did it on challenge. 10 minutes tops now! The power plant is still a git though I get it done a lot quicker then it used to take.

Tried the incursion again last night and got killed 4 times in seconds then everybody quit. My guns kill level 32 guys with a single mag in other missions yet level 32 guys in the incursion are bullet proof, pain in the arse.

Where do you camp in the incursion?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Downstairs in the centre 2 on each end and survival link for the bomb run and its quite handy.

Tip: Try kill the bomb carrier where you want, so the run is slightly easier.

Nothing will really trouble you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

banning them or rolling back their gear would be much better imo...so they can't run around the DZ anymore with OP loadouts that they glitched for.

I just think banning people for exploiting a glitch that they ignored and failed to address for so long is kind of a crappy move.

Fair enough about the rolling back or removal of gear, and the playing field should somehow be leveled in PvP but banning people that availed of one glitch isn't going to achieve that. There'll still be a tonne of people in the DZ playing in ways that the game wasn't designed to be played.

Banning a small percentage won't balance the game. It might make other players feel like they're doing something about balancing it though.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Downstairs in the centre 2 on each end and survival link for the bomb run and its quite handy.

Tip: Try kill the bomb carrier where you want, so the run is slightly easier.

Nothing will really trouble you there.

Yeah we pissed it down there. Up above is an absolute pain though/

i caved and bought the Aug at the BOO last night. bit underwhelmed. my own fault though .after a week of slogging lincoln and lexington to get the credits i was still undecided, but gave in last night. quick run through the dz to test it and meah. it's good, but i'm still not sure it's any better than my 192 score vector that rolled really well first time out after buying the bp.

will stick with it for a while, but guaranteed there will be a cracking AR on tonight after the refresh .and away all next week and no hope of getting back up the credits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

New post on site about improving the player experience: Cheating and exploters.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/news/152-248717-16/improving-the-player-experience-topic-cheating-exploits

Important points are below

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    First, we have implemented new cheat detection methods that have allowed us to identify many more players currently using cheat engines in the game. We have already caught more cheaters in the last few days than we had in total during the previous weeks. As a result, we will be handing out the biggest wave of suspensions and bans to date over the course of the next few days.
    Second, when cheaters are caught, we will now apply a suspension of 14 days on first offense (instead of the previous 3 day initial suspension). Second offense will always be a permanent ban.

What is a bug exploit?
    An exploit is the active triggering and use of a bug or glitch to bypass established game rules in order to gain a significant advantage or skip progression steps otherwise necessary.
    Identifying and fixing bugs before releasing new content is one of the most important parts of game development. This is also the best way to guarantee a smooth and enjoyable experience for our players. Learning from the past and your great feedback, we are currently reviewing our development and testing process to further minimize the amount and impact of these bugs going forward.
    Unfortunately, we cannot simulate the experience that millions of different players will have, and how they will play the game. As a result, some bugs may make it through testing, and may be present when an update is deployed. In the event that a bug makes it into the game, and this bug can be used by players to gain an advantage, we need to be able to react and fix it, but also dissuade players from exploiting this bug until it is fixed. This is why moving forward we will adopt a stronger stance against players abusing exploits.
    Our first step is to give you clearer and more concrete visibility. Should new bugs be discovered, we will quickly confirm if these are considered exploits. All known exploits will be clearly listed in a public forum thread and across our various communication platforms. We want all players to be informed. This will ensure that those caught after an exploit was confirmed are aware of the consequences and actions that can be taken against them.
    Second, sanctions will be implemented for players who repeatedly abuse exploits and will vary depending on the severity of the abuse, as well as the history of the player. Possible sanctions include character rollbacks, account suspensions and permanent bans. Those who encounter bugs during the normal course of play have absolutely nothing to worry about.
    As mentioned earlier, providing a high-quality experience is our priority. Fixing game bugs is one aspect of it, and we are improving our processes to address that. Dissuading players from impairing others’ gameplay by violating the rules of the game is another aspect. We also want to give you better visibility and transparency. We are fully committed to providing an enjoyable and fair environment for all our players, and will take all steps necessary to achieve this goal.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So it seems anyone who previously exploited the game have nothing to worry about.

The successful time I did it we didn't camp anywhere, just cover to cover. The time I tried the other night We went down into the centre tunnel but the shotgunners followed us in and killed us with ease.

• Advertisement

had to take the servers down again as they managed, while doing fixes this morning, to "fix things" such that going down ladders would kill you.

yeah. that's right, killed by ladders.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Deffo have to NERF "FLAMING FRANK", them big oversized mongos with the flame throwers. There is absolutely no hit scale at all, was playing with a friend last night with 49HP gets hit goes down to instant crawl after getting hit and thats to be expected running around DZ6 with the big dawgs!!! I get hit at a slightly bigger distance I go down the exact same time instant jobbie and my HP is 120K with full Green Armour 65% damage mitigation the works!!!...really is a joke. Now you deffo should be hit and hit hard but whats the point in having high end gear with all the trimmings when its worth **** ALL.

The successful time I did it we didn't camp anywhere, just cover to cover. The time I tried the other night We went down into the centre tunnel but the shotgunners followed us in and killed us with ease.

Is there an armour perk for that?!?!?!?!

:eek::eek:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Is there an armour perk for that?!?!?!?!

:eek::eek:

For what?

To stop you getting killed on ladders!!! Lol

Did the incursion 4 times tonight. Got 4 piles of green ****e as a reward. All I want is a bloody Strikers vest and I keep getting ****ty tactician stuff.

No daily missions today :confused:

Broken again. Endgame is quickly becoming tedious with all the issues

No daily missions today :confused:

Just noticed that too. Guess it's tunnel farming time again. Nothing special on sale in BoO either.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just noticed that too. Guess it's tunnel farming time again. Nothing special on sale in BoO either.

But you can still do the tunnel on challenging. I ran it last night twice after 1am no problem.

The group I joined were unreal. Gear score was similar to my own but two of them just ran out to the 2 big areas both times and tore the AI to shreds. I don't know if they were using something to boost damage because my sniper was more powerful than ever. Killed everyone in the first section too not bothering to run down the side.

Advertisement