Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jayop wrote: »
    But you can still do the tunnel on challenging. I ran it last night twice after 1am no problem.

The group I joined were unreal. Gear score was similar to my own but two of them just ran out to the 2 big areas both times and tore the AI to shreds. I don't know if they were using something to boost damage because my sniper was more powerful than ever. Killed everyone in the first section too not bothering to run down the side.

Yeah you can do the tunnel on challenging every day. It's a fairly handy 30 credits thankfully. :)

Are you guys bothering with the Incursion much (hard or challenging)? Is hard mode comparable to a mission on challenging or more difficult again? Does it take long on hard? Not sure whether to bother with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Gave the incursion a go for the first time this morning with randoms. One lad going Rambo meant we hadn't a hope.

Mad to give it a proper lash just once to get it done. Anyone on Xbox who fancies it give me a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just finished incursion for the first time on hard, got a 214 and 191 sentry backpack :D up to gs 178, 190k dps and 50k hp

Did you play with randoms or with friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

superg wrote: »
    Did the incursion 4 times tonight. Got 4 piles of green ****e as a reward. All I want is a bloody Strikers vest and I keep getting ****ty tactician stuff.

Equip all the items you have and leave the item you want low just before you blow up APC. So if you want a vest equip high end all round and stick a blue/purple on chest.

Worked for me so many times.....its how I got my full strikers set ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

mossym wrote: »
    Did you play with randoms or with friends?

Playing with randoms. I can now get 200k+ dps buthave only 40k hp lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I've not had chance to play this for a week I was out of the country for half the week and in-laws staying in the house for the other half and now gone away for the long weekend. I feel I am being left behind with getting the good gear and keeping competitive. I have only one green gear set item and I imagine all the rest of ye have all green stuff.

Ah well I will just have to redouble my efforts on Monday night. Also I have to take Tuesday off because the kids are off school so I might not see much sunlight on Tuesday. Give the kids a fiver and tell them to get their own lunch :) I'm too busy

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Equip all the items you have and leave the item you want low just before you blow up APC. So if you want a vest equip high end all round and stick a blue/purple on chest.

Worked for me so many times.....its how I got my full strikers set ;)

I'll give that a go, cheers.Thought I was only getting crap because I was doing it on hard. Challenging is insane.

EDIT:- didn't work first time anyway! Got another bloody holster and a crap pair of gloves. The search goes on :D

Worked the second time. I got a vest, a bloody tacticians one! :D

I've 3 of them now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dailies are back at least.

• Advertisement

Cleared the incursion last night. Okay drops. But once you have that done. And have a stack of phoenix credits with nothing to spend them on in the boo. And sick of getting rinsed by exploiters in the dz.

What's left?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

mossym wrote: »
    Cleared the incursion last night. Okay drops. But once you have that done. And have a stack of phoenix credits with nothing to spend them on in the boo. And sick of getting rinsed by exploiters in the dz.

What's left?
    Nothing; which simply highlights how shallow the end game currently is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,437 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Nody wrote: »
    Nothing; which simply highlights how shallow the end game currently is.

the next dlc is free again and it's another incursion..you must have a gear score of 220 to do it which most people don't.
    Its obvious the game is on its last legs...at this stage the only thing that Ubisoft can do it admit they badly screwed this up..wipe everyone's stats across the board and default everyone to a level 30, dz level 1 with the same base gear and weapons for everyone to bring people to a base score of maybe 140 so they can do the current incursion.
    DZ is completely messed up, supply drops are a complete waste of time and the exploiters are so bored now they're just killing all lower level guys for laughs.
    So either a complete wipe or give everyone a set of amour and gear to bring everyone to gear score 220 for the next incursion.
    I've a 192 gear score with a dz of 55 and I wouldn't mind losing all my stats if it meant the game could continue..because it sure as hell can't in its current format.

Blazer wrote: »
    the next dlc is free again and it's another incursion..you must have a gear score of 220 to do it which most people don't.
    Its obvious the game is on its last legs...at this stage the only thing that Ubisoft can do it admit they badly screwed this up..wipe everyone's stats across the board and default everyone to a level 30, dz level 1 with the same base gear and weapons for everyone to bring people to a base score of maybe 140 so they can do the current incursion.
    DZ is completely messed up, supply drops are a complete waste of time and the exploiters are so bored now they're just killing all lower level guys for laughs.
    So either a complete wipe or give everyone a set of amour and gear to bring everyone to gear score 220 for the next incursion.
    I've a 192 gear score with a dz of 55 and I wouldn't mind losing all my stats if it meant the game could continue..because it sure as hell can't in its current format.

The worst part about all of that is with the 220 GS requirement it just rewards the cheats all over again they'll be all set to go on it assuming nothing happens and things remain as is. Meanwhile the rest of us get to grind the same content afresh for better stuff. Yay :(

Blazer wrote: »

I had my first run in with hackers Friday night - the first pair were zipping about the place and gunning folk down in seconds. Didn't take my gear thankfully so was able to go back in and extract. Stuck around just to get the daily xp and left. Later one a different chap on manhunt status zipped through walls it looked like and took me out. I just left. Both in DZ01. No fun for sure.

But no thanks to a complete wipe - if they did that the uproar would be far worse than whatever level it's at now. Not sure how much time you are able to put into the game but I'd be fecked if I'm doing all this again - that would be me out permanently and not a hope I'd come back and pay for any DLC with the risk they'd do it again.

Hopefully the harsher bans they mentioned - 14 day for first offence then perm-ban on second - will make a decent impact going forward. A small step I guess.

I've played (wasted?) 137 hours in the game. If they wiped me I'd be on manhunt status myself in Ubi's offices!

Done the incursion 6 times between today and yesterday and keep getting drops that are worse than what I have. Can't get my GS above 199, I can't get a full set of anything.

i just solo the DZ to get the daily XP and then I leave. Don't even collect gear to extract cos its all worse than what I have. If there's any rogues around I leave. I've hardly met anyone at all last couple of days and the only Rogues were in 5 and 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,437 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've played (wasted?) 137 hours in the game. If they wiped me I'd be on manhunt status myself in Ubi's offices!

Done the incursion 6 times between today and yesterday and keep getting drops that are worse than what I have. Can't get my GS above 199, I can't get a full set of anything.

i just solo the DZ to get the daily XP and then I leave. Don't even collect gear to extract cos its all worse than what I have. If there's any rogues around I leave. I've hardly met anyone at all last couple of days and the only Rogues were in 5 and 6.

so basically you're saying the game is broken..

Probably but I still enjoy it.

Probably but I still enjoy it.

Same. The core gameplay is great, probably why folks are pee'd off with the issues - Ubi have a gem of a game here.

Just noticed, 144 hrs put into it so far. Crazy amount for me that is. The game must be doing something right. :pac:

Exactly. I love the gameplay. Very hard to just keep redoing stuff for no reward. I've 225k DPS. 70k health. Any of the gear I get from play is worse than what I have. I want to play it, but needs to be towards something and right now nothing is there to play towards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Hey guys, can anyone give me a hand with the incursion? Or any tips even??
    Tried for the 1st time yesterday... firstly its taking ages to matchmake and when I eventually do get into a group we die almost immediately people start leaving and then im left waiting for ages again and never seem to get a full group.
    Im on PS4. My psn is Gamer7746. Thanks!

The potential for the game really is huge but the lack of consistency is ruining it for me....When you grind your ass off there has to be a reward in it for you, I cant stand that I have really grinded my ass off and I seem as weak as when I first entered the DZ on day one against the DZ5 and DZ6 AI....I feel I am made of cardboard. If I did not have an insane DPS I would be there for 10 mins hiding trying to kill folks.

PVP is in a shocking state, I am constantly getting hunted BY ROUGES not the other way round. Very rarely do you have a fair fight without getting downed in 1 second with 65% armour mitigation and over 100K health.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I've stopped playing for a couple of weeks now. Just don't see the point, the shine has worn off. Ubisoft/Massive reacted far far far too slowly to the insane hacking in the DZ and there's literally no end game.

I'm now spending my time being driven slowly insane by Dark Souls 3....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great concept,great gameplay,great visuals,huge potential but sadly lacking in any form of endgame,game is riddled with issues too.
    Despite its gaping flaws I loved my 3 or so weeks with it but its a pointless exercise now, anyone who doesn't think so yet will do soon and realise it for themselves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Their community manager, Hamish, has stated that "they have plans to reinvigorate the PvE area". Annoyingly they say these things on Twitch streams, so I can't link to the exact statement.

I've more than got my money worth of it so I'm happy enough. I'll be moving on once Uncharted 4 is released but I'll be back to it as long as it's entertaining which it still is for me. I'm working towards a full gear set. By the time I get it the season pass will be out and I'll see if that's worth investing in. Still plenty of milage in this one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ran around the DZ/PvE with randoms. whatever about the game being broken the community is pretty decent. had lots of fun.....except the incursion.

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Hey guys, can anyone give me a hand with the incursion? Or any tips even??
    Tried for the 1st time yesterday... firstly its taking ages to matchmake and when I eventually do get into a group we die almost immediately people start leaving and then im left waiting for ages again and never seem to get a full group.
    Im on PS4. My psn is Gamer7746. Thanks!

1st tip is not to play with random dudes, its too long and grindy and people usually mess up and go all rambo and die and leave if progress is not made. And then you cant get anyone else in as its spawn locked.

If you have to play with random then a mic is ESSENTIAL, I find that making your way to the middle area is best and two peeps man each side. 3 people with ammo health regen and one with immune heath. Two running pulse scanners and two with sticky bomb flash to stop the shotgunners if it gets hairy in the midde.

Every 4 rounds the bomb dude comes out, kill him and two people with survivour link run up and bomb PC rinse and repeat. Do not hang around on bomb round as enemys just keep spawning clear the path on left side and run.

Rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Ran the DZ for a bit last night, got a load of gold gear to extract. Legged it down to DZ01 to extract it as seen rogues about further up the map.

Call extraction, ten seconds later team of 4 rogues on manhunt appear and wipe the floor with us. I unloaded a full clip into one and barely scratched him..

They didn't bother stealing any of my stuff and instead sat at the DZ entrance waiting for more people to come through. Getting annoying that.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Ran the DZ for a bit last night, got a load of gold gear to extract. Legged it down to DZ01 to extract it as seen rogues about further up the map.

Call extraction, ten seconds later team of 4 rogues on manhunt appear and wipe the floor with us. I unloaded a full clip into one and barely scratched him..

They didn't bother stealing any of my stuff and instead sat at the DZ entrance waiting for more people to come through. Getting annoying that.

Out of curiosity, were you in the +161 level bracket or below? I read a post on Reddit about folks abusing the Gear Score system in the DZ. So someone highly geared would swap out one or two pieces to get their GS just under 161 but still be roaming about with crazy high DPS - mowing down proper lower level folk giving them no chance. Crappy thing to do if true.

Advertisement