Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, were you in the +161 level bracket or below? I read a post on Reddit about folks abusing the Gear Score system in the DZ. So someone highly geared would swap out one or two pieces to get their GS just under 161 but still be roaming about with crazy high DPS - mowing down proper lower level folk giving them no chance. Crappy thing to do if true.

I believe people are doing this - even some are creating a new character, getting a low level sidearm and then they transfer this to their main character.
    Then on the main, they put all un-used items in the stash, get a GS of 159 and go into the lower bracket with insane DPS and health stats for that level. I believe you can drop from about 185 to 159 using this.

I do not know if you are aware of the reddit Dark Zone Police Department (DZPD) - they team up and go into the Dark Zone and clean up the griefers. They have started going to the lower level DZ to help cut out this kind of griefing.

As an aside, on the PS4 we have a chat group going for the Division - it is a bit quiet but can be used to find other players for Incursions or DZ.

If anyone would like to be added then send me a pm here or a psn msg to n-o-cal and I will add you to the chat.

Finally, I have a great tip for doing the incursion - Do it with Wonda - guaranteed a successful run!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah Cal sign me up for the chat group, please. Really need to get the incursion done.

No daily missions again :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No daily missions again :mad:

They'll be back tomorrow and Thursday, gone again Friday. They've said a proper mechanism is being developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, were you in the +161 level bracket or below? I read a post on Reddit about folks abusing the Gear Score system in the DZ. So someone highly geared would swap out one or two pieces to get their GS just under 161 but still be roaming about with crazy high DPS - mowing down proper lower level folk giving them no chance. Crappy thing to do if true.
    Well below, only hit 30 recently as was holding off to get my DZ rank up a bit, think my gear score is either a shade above or below 100, friend I was playing with was down around 57 gear score.

Pretty ****ty thing to do if that's what they're at, clearly afraid of a bit of competition against similar spec'd players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Well below, only hit 30 recently as was holding off to get my DZ rank up a bit, think my gear score is either a shade above or below 100, friend I was playing with was down around 57 gear score.

Pretty ****ty thing to do if that's what they're at, clearly afraid of a bit of competition against similar spec'd players.

With that gear score you've no chance and are as well coming out of a DZ like that and doing a few dailys. I'm finding the last week or so that the DZ has calmed down a lot on Xbox and there's not as many rogues taking the piss. If you get a full 163 kit at a minimum you'll be much better off.

Are you Xbone or PS4? If you can tag along with some of the peeps here in the DZ they would probably be happy to let you take all the stuff they extract. For me I extract now and just break everything down. I don't think it's possibly to improve my stats with Golds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Jayop wrote: »
    With that gear score you've no chance and are as well coming out of a DZ like that and doing a few dailys. I'm finding the last week or so that the DZ has calmed down a lot on Xbox and there's not as many rogues taking the piss. If you get a full 163 kit at a minimum you'll be much better off.

Are you Xbone or PS4? If you can tag along with some of the peeps here in the DZ they would probably be happy to let you take all the stuff they extract. For me I extract now and just break everything down. I don't think it's possibly to improve my stats with Golds.
    It's been fine the last while really, just last night was wrecked by that. Wouldn't mind but it's only my second trip in since hitting 30 so was finally getting some decent gear.

On PS4. I'll give it another stab tonight see how it goes. If I spot rogues though I'll just pop back out and do the dailies

Tazzimus wrote: »
    It's been fine the last while really, just last night was wrecked by that. Wouldn't mind but it's only my second trip in since hitting 30 so was finally getting some decent gear.

On PS4. I'll give it another stab tonight see how it goes. If I spot rogues though I'll just pop back out and do the dailies

Aye, if you do all 3 daily's every night for a week your gear score will shoot up. You can then start thinking about buying some of the blueprints in the BOO for level 214 stuff and that makes a massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

nocal wrote: »

Finally, I have a great tip for doing the incursion - Do it with Wonda - guaranteed a successful run!

Cheers cal, you can also hold you own no probs. But doing it with anyone who has even a hint of intelligence will get you true it. Gonna try do it tonight on challenge mode with 2 chars.

The dailys being part of the weekly challenge means them being missing for a few days is a total balls. I'm going to have to run a few missions on hard just to do the weekly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Cheers cal, you can also hold you own no probs. But doing it with anyone who has even a hint of intelligence will get you true it. Gonna try do it tonight on challenge mode with 2 chars.

Mind running through it with me some night Wonda?
    I still haven't completed it!!!

Jayop wrote: »
    The dailys being part of the weekly challenge means them being missing for a few days is a total balls. I'm going to have to run a few missions on hard just to do the weekly.

I normally just run madison on the monday if I'm short a few before the reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I'll not send you any more invites then :(

:pac:

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Mind running through it with me some night Wonda?
    I still haven't completed it!!!

Absolutely, I have no probs running through it with anyone regardless of experience. BUT dont kid yourself folks you need to be a minimum spec to have a chance of doing it.....there is no hiding in there and 1 or 2 lads cant drag 2 others through it. Its full on intense but good craic.....

Realistically you need about 60-70K HP so you not one shotted by shotgunners and snipers as its not much fun others constantly reviving peeps and as much DPS as you can really.

If you a skill build it helps ALOT.

Could we get a squad together for, say, Friday night then on PS4? Wonda, Hellrazer - are you lads about?

I got to round 8 a few times with 3 randoms over the weekend. Generally someone would do something stupid causing us all to go down (alcohol was being consumed which didn't help)
    First time I was convinced we were getting it done but then failed. One lad was running the bomb which was working well but really putting too much pressure on the guy.
    My DPS is 160K+ / 70K+ Health but my skill is pretty poor @ 16Kish

gimli2112 wrote: »
    My DPS is 160K+ / 70K+ Health but my skill is pretty poor @ 16Kish

Could I ask what your loadout is to get the DPS that high? I managed to get my health from 29 up to about 80 (thanks mainly to Wonda and his pal Leaf), skill is about 21, so I'm 75/80/21 or so I think. Need to get the DPS up quickly.

I bought the sentry kneepads and mask from the guy in the BoO and have the 191 Nomad Gear from the seller in the DZ. Also picked up another piece of gear set from a Lincoln Tunnel run, which I think is 204. Rest of my stuff is just 182 gold - I did buy the 214 AUG from the BoO but am running the 182 Black Market AK as my secondary. Also bought the 204? pistol from the BoO dude.
    One of my gear sets got a roll that let me include two mods and I have most of the gun perks operational.
    All this seems to help.

Oh and got a couple of decent re-rolled perks on armour - critical hit damage and additional mag size.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Absolutely, I have no probs running through it with anyone regardless of experience. BUT dont kid yourself folks you need to be a minimum spec to have a chance of doing it.....there is no hiding in there and 1 or 2 lads cant drag 2 others through it. Its full on intense but good craic.....

Realistically you need about 60-70K HP so you not one shotted by shotgunners and snipers as its not much fun others constantly reviving peeps and as much DPS as you can really.

If you a skill build it helps ALOT.

Im around 140k dps.70k health and 12k skill.
    That enough you think??

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

To me - 70k health is a magic number. Anything lower and you will take serious damage.

10k skill is enough for non-skill builds. 150k DPS is very useful for the incursion. Bear in mind that accuracy weapon parts increase the displayed DPS figure, but do not actually increase your DPS. 140k without accuracy parts will do more damage than 150k with accuracy parts - go check it out on the target in BOO.

• Advertisement

Ran Lincoln on challenging last night and got a green drop. The fourth piece of strikers gear I was waiting for. Woooohoo

nocal wrote: »
    To me - 70k health is a magic number. Anything lower and you will take serious damage.

10k skill is enough for non-skill builds. 150k DPS is very useful for the incursion. Bear in mind that accuracy weapon parts increase the displayed DPS figure, but do not actually increase your DPS. 140k without accuracy parts will do more damage than 150k with accuracy parts - go check it out on the target in BOO.

Good Point I simply do not equip anything with accuracy TBH. I much prefer stability, rate of fire and crit hit etc mods.

I am 265DPS and 95HP (thanx to me deleting 3 pieces of armour by drunken mistake) I was 120HP FFS!!!! :mad::mad:

The key to great HP and DPS are MAGIC MODS buy the high end firearms and stamina blueprints and roll like a MOFO.

Could we get a squad together for, say, Friday night then on PS4? Wonda, Hellrazer - are you lads about?

Yeah will be around....glad to help anylads out TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

Wonda I'd have jumped in and given a hand but sky the ****tards messed up my router with there stupid updates so without internet for another few days:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

:

The key to great HP and DPS are MAGIC MODS buy the high end firearms and stamina blueprints and roll like a MOFO.

Never thought of that, I am struggling to get my dps over 150 and health over 50 must do that this evening.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Similar option for Xbox users. Happy to help anyone looking to rank up or do incursion. Will drop almost everything from dz or dailies as I've better gear already

• Registered Users Posts: 17,437 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

stupid game ...daily missions still not working properly for russian consulate...I'm sorely tempted to get my refund back from microsoft as it's a complete waste of time now...2 maintenance days this week again and they haven't fixed squat...think I'll just take a break and go back to bf4 until the next dlc comes out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

State of the Game highlights about patch 1.2 (no release date yet but presumably still this month). More and better loot (much less HE mod drops :D) and a new 201+ gs DZ bracket - enemies will be min lvl32 up to 34! Reckless and Balanced getting fixed but no nerfs as such.

All sounds fairly positive to me, looking forward to it anyway.

Blazer wrote: »
    stupid game ...daily missions still not working properly for russian consulate...I'm sorely tempted to get my refund back from microsoft as it's a complete waste of time now...2 maintenance days this week again and they haven't fixed squat...think I'll just take a break and go back to bf4 until the next dlc comes out.

Dailies were working fine for me yesterday.....hang in there bro. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

• Advertisement

Although in fairness there's nothing worse than standing at the start of the Russian Consulate mission thinking "Why aren't the f***ing doors opening?"

Advertisement