Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Although in fairness there's nothing worse than standing at the start of the Russian Consulate mission thinking "Why aren't the f***ing doors opening?"

Have that regularly on Lincoln, Police Station and Lexington. Usually logging out and back in fixes it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Although in fairness there's nothing worse than standing at the start of the Russian Consulate mission thinking "Why aren't the f***ing doors opening?"
    Have that regularly on Lincoln, Police Station and Lexington. Usually logging out and back in fixes it.

So irritating that bug. I usually just leave the group and matchmake again until it works. Thankfully that's getting fixed in 1.2 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Just on the Russian consulate - you do have to keep the hostage outside alive. I was actually in one group of randoms who failed to do so - the result - the doors do not open. If the hostage dies, there is no obvious sign that you have failed - but the doors only open once he is secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

nocal wrote: »
    Just on the Russian consulate - you do have to keep the hostage outside alive. I was actually in one group of randoms who failed to do so - the result - the doors do not open. If the hostage dies, there is no obvious sign that you have failed - but the doors only open once he is secure.

Isn't that Lexington? The Hostage has died on me before but can't remember did this make the doors lock.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

nocal wrote: »

Have had the hostage die. Things kept going just fine

Actually, must be Lexington. Consulate doesn't have a hostage outside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I've had hostage die and it all worked fine.

Opps sorry - it is Lexington.

Too tired these days. Need to find my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

What are all your builds like atm? I'm 200k-ish dps, 50k hp and about 6k skill power, but want to increase my hp more and a little bump to skill power so I can activate all talents on the AUG..which gear sets should I be looking to get to increase those?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What are all your builds like atm? I'm 200k-ish dps, 50k hp and about 6k skill power, but want to increase my hp more and a little bump to skill power so I can activate all talents on the AUG..which gear sets should I be looking to get to increase those?

249DPS (no accuracy buff)
    90K HP (was 120HP before I dismantled 2 pieces of armour by mistake!!!!)
    9K SP

Running 4 sentry and 2 striker armour.

ALT CHAR

110kDPS
    70kHP
    49KSP

Running 4 pieces Tactitians Armour and 2 striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I'm rocking about 100k DPS, 80hp and 14 skill. I can't seem to move up without affecting anything too much. I play a run and gun style and only use cover when I need to heal, drives my team mad but it's the play style I enjoy and it's why I keep my health and damage more or less on a par.

Really need that nomad gear set.

All the gear I get in the dz seems to be of a lesser spec than what I have which is annoying. I have been using a scar h for the last 3 weeks as my secondary and can't seem to get anything to replace it.

Had a good run today in the dz, just bumped in to 3 solo players, we teamed up, extracted some gold stuff and took 2 supply drops in about 5 minutes. We agreed not to go rogue unless fired upon which was really nice to see.

Out of 15 items extracted, 15 items got broken down as it was all lesser gear.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    249DPS (no accuracy buff)
    90K HP (was 120HP before I dismantled 2 pieces of armour by mistake!!!!)
    9K SP

Running 4 sentry and 2 striker armour.

ALT CHAR

110kDPS
    70kHP
    49KSP

Running 4 pieces Tactitians Armour and 2 striker.

that alt looks really nice actually..think I need to run incursion a couple more times to get some more gearset items :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

155k dps, 53k hp & 10k skill; 181 gear score. Only two striker gear sets I feel I need more 214gs stuff and being left behind but you have to do that bloody incursion and I have tried but failed a could of times. Lads just bailed. Also didn't have a sniper rifle but after last night I got a drop of a HE First Order M1A :)

Looking at some of some of your loadouts I think I might be ok enough.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Eco_mental what platform are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

up for Incursion if anyone else is..xbox gamertag:Airblazer

On Xbox lads I have ye added already it ye are on later I will be up for the incursion. Might be after ten though it later.

On Xbox lads I have ye added already, if ye are on later I will be up for the incursion. Might be after ten though if not a bit later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I currently at:

227 DPS
    64 HP
    13 SP

55% damage mitigation.

Gear score is 186.

I'm wearing 3 pieces of the Striker's gear set, 2 blueprints from the BoO and can't remember where I got the 3rd piece from. I have a Nomad chest but it's not as good as my current HE with the Reckless talent.

Still to try out the Incursion but will give that a try at the weekend (hopefully with folks from the friends list rather than randoms). Fingers crossed I get something half decent from it.

Slowly making my way up the DZ lvls, 47 at the minute.

i'm running 220k dps, 60k health but high armor, 12k skills. 4 striker pieces, which make a huge difference when the last bonus kicks in .running a gold chest piece even though i have a nomad and striker piece as neither are better. have not gotten a single holster drop so still running a gold holster at gs 163.

tried to get an incursion attempt going with some from here last night but couldn't get a group together. played with 3 randoms and twice we got to level 13 and got taken down, both for silly mistakes on our part. getting killed while you have a survivor link ready to use is daft. ah, you live you learn.

if i'm on tonight will try and get a group together again

that alt looks really nice actually..think I need to run incursion a couple more times to get some more gearset items :P

I can get my main char up to 280DPS with a little health hit or 150HP with a little hit on DPS. But yeah to get the two main stats up requires a alot of grinding and little tweaks along the way.

Just a little heads up, you are not going to get the stats to jump in leaps and bounds. What happens is along the gring they both go up in increments as you gather better gear, then you add a mod here and there and before you know it you are looking good.

No quick fix lads.

mossym wrote: »

tried to get an incursion attempt going with some from here last night but couldn't get a group together. played with 3 randoms and twice we got to level 13 and got taken down, both for silly mistakes on our part. getting killed while you have a survivor link ready to use is daft. ah, you live you learn.

got it completed again with another bunch of randoms, first time, fairly straightforward. but 2 backpacks again. i've never gotten a holster above 163 from anywhere but it rains backpacks down on me , have one from each of the gear sets now i think

• Advertisement

All this talk of peoples DPS levels etc. re-enforces the one problem I have with the current "endgame".

I am currently 200k DPS, 70k Health and 14k Skill. This is with 4 x sentry and 2 x Striker items equipped. GS 199.
    There is very little I can do with this build at the moment - most items have been re-rolled to get to here and lvl 32 Stamina mods are also being used in the gear mod slots. Without a better Sentry or Striker piece being dropped at 214 I am stuck here with this build.

I do have a 224 k DPS, 80k health and 16k Skill build - that is based on Striker gear x 3 and 3 x Golds.

The first build is the better build for team playing. The second is much better for PVP.

Coupled with the fact that there are very few people doing the incursion more or less means that I have nowhere to go at the moment. Hopefully the stock re-fresh tonight will provide me with some 204 GS armor that I can use to replace the striker gear and improve my stats.

lot of truth in that. realistically the only way forward right now is to farm incursion in the hope of picking up slightly better gear, while still picking up phoenix credits to hopefully buy the odd item that's good at the BOO. that's why i've been trying to get an xbox group here going on incursion, it's not that hard once people have the process down. if i can get a pair of gloves, and a decent gear set armor (have a chest piece of each gearset, but a gold i have is better), it'll raise my GS up over 200.

scary thing is, that's still a long way short of the 220 needed for the next free DLC. doing that probably means having to beat incursion on challenging, and i'm not sure it is worth the slog.

conventional advice was forget GS and get your stats up. but with stats plateauing, pushing up the GS is about the best option right now. which even makes that 192 sidearm in the BOO almost attractive

The problem with armour: 204 gold > 214 green >182 gold > 191 Green.

The current possibilities for getting 214 green are just a little too limited. If there was even a chance of them dropping in the DZ and from the challenging missions then there would be light at the end of the tunnel.

Ah well with the weekend coming up I might get my DZ level up to 96 or so...and might find something good to buy off the DZ vendors.

If I could just get my DPS up by 20k and my health up by 10k, I reckon I could start giving the challenging incursion a real go. Then there would be a path forward towards the next incursion. It would not surprise me if the GS for the next incursion is reduced when it is launched. 220 is out of the range of most current players let alone all those who have stopped playing in the last few weeks.

214/240 drops outside of the incursion are being introduced with patch 1.2, according to the weekly state of the game update this week

Yes, but I want them NOW, if not sooner. :)

Being able to feel like you are progressing is what would keep a lot of players "grinding".

I've only ever managed to beat Incursion on challenging once, and I got carried through it :pac: 2 gear set drops tho, one was 214

CARNAGE!!

Was on last night with the SO SOLID CREW, basically 2 lads I met on matchmaking about a week ago and really good players. Got talking to them after joining them 3 times....2 american lads from deep south in Alabama off all places. These guys are like Patrick Swayze in Road House, nice until its time to be NOT NICE.

Got a random guy in last night to join and we absolutely raped the server we were on from 9pm till 2am non stop. We got EVERY SINGLE landmark constantly in the loop, air drops in top half of DZ and DT boxes went manhunt status 3 times successful and killed about 20 rouge parties all over the shop....saved a single guy 3 times from getting hammered by a group of four aswell bleedin cowards.

Got 6 pieces of green armour too so they deffo upped the drop rate from bosses on that score.

INCREDIBLE NIGHTS GAMING...really was. Ranked from level 93 to level 96 in one night which is quite the feat as its like 140,000 xp per level at this rank!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

And here's me not even able to join groups. Spent a good half hour last night trying to join on no-cal and gimli. Kept getting placed into different servers and stuck on loading/transition screens.

Pain in the hoop

And here's me not even able to join groups. Spent a good half hour last night trying to join on no-cal and gimli. Kept getting placed into different servers and stuck on loading/transition screens.

Pain in the hoop

Fo real....that ****e aint right dawg. Game has been flawless for me lately....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Just two manned the Incursion. Intense. Thankfully the second man had a bloody awesome set of weapons! The other two team members died in the first wave and left.

Advertisement