Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

1st time I encountered this BS http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/17316330

I really believe they need to implement a passive mode/opt out like GTA 5 had in this at this stage.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

1st time I encountered this BS http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/17316330

I really believe they need to implement a passive mode/opt out like GTA 5 had in this at this stage.

What's happening there? The in a safe house or something?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What's happening there? The in a safe house or something?

Mobile cover to glitch through the wall of the safe house and kill anyone who tries to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

gave up last night on the xbox, couldn't start any of the daily missions, just stuck in matchmaking or missions not starting.

and holy **** its a really slow grind to get to DZ level 75 from 52 where am at, anybody else doing that at the moment and have any tips

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

gave up last night on the xbox, couldn't start any of the daily missions, just stuck in matchmaking or missions not starting.

and holy **** its a really slow grind to get to DZ level 75 from 52 where am at, anybody else doing that at the moment and have any tips

LMAO, TBH the longest grind is the 80s I swear it felt like an eternity....I taught my bar was broken at one stage.

Best tip I can give is go rogue lvl 1 constantly its the best bang for buck. A manhunt give anywhere between 15K-19K but alot of work to get manhunt and even harder to survive and when you die you loose a **** load of XP.

You get 3K-6K for a single rouge kill and lasts just over a minute spam the lvl 1 kills all night you be amazed how quick you rank you. Think off all the NPCs you have to kill for a couple thousand xp :rolleyes:

Just hit rank 97 last night!

• Advertisement

Have to say I aint convinced this new DZ bracket is gonna work TBH, the more I think about it the more in fact its gonna fail. Basically it has been said that the "BEST HE LOOT" is gonna drop in the new 200+ GS DZ which will take all the elite 1%'ers out of the current DZ and thats fine. And that enemies will be increased to rank 34 yada yada yada.

But isnt that just making the glitches/power players even more powerful....as they will just get stronger while the rest of the sub 200 GS lads get the mediocre stuff in the lower zone. Then by the time the other guys are in the new DZ the power players will be even stronger ffs!

Only way it will work is make the new HE gear available to all zone but the power players have to work alot harder to get it against other power players and 34 rank bosses.

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

The more I play this the more I think they have broken the loot system and anyone who has played rgps and mmo will agree I think.

The seem to have make HE/Legendary the de facto end game color and made other colours redundent where as in better thought out games ..... borderlands for example they had blue and purple items of lower quality but with red text that gave unique perks. Making HE/Legendary free in the corn flakes has soured this for me as someone who loves loot .OK I know they have gear sets now but still. There were better ways they could have done the loot system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Bout 80% through the powerplant daily on my sweeney and the thing crashes... Fuuuuuck

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Bout 80% through the powerplant daily on my sweeney and the thing crashes... Fuuuuuck

has happened me a few times in the last week, on the xbox at least it has put me back into the last checkpoint in the mission rather than making me restart

broke my streak on the incursion, after 7 straight chest pieces i got a backpack. no better than what i had already so donated to ECO_Mental who was in the party(you're going to have to practise those bomb plants though..:) )

still on the hunt for a decent holster. and by decent i mean anything more than the 163 GS holster i have right now. i cannot see how it's a proper RNG when i have had probably hundreds of drop on challening missions/DZ + a good few successful runs through the incursion and not only not gotten a good holster but not seen any in weeks. in the same time i must have gotten 20 to 30 chest pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

mossym wrote: »
    broke my streak on the incursion, after 7 straight chest pieces i got a backpack. no better than what i had already so donated to ECO_Mental who was in the party(you're going to have to practise those bomb plants though..:) )

still on the hunt for a decent holster. and by decent i mean anything more than the 163 GS holster i have right now. i cannot see how it's a proper RNG when i have had probably hundreds of drop on challening missions/DZ + a good few successful runs through the incursion and not only not gotten a good holster but not seen any in weeks. in the same time i must have gotten 20 to 30 chest pieces.

Is there not a good holster blueprint that you can pick up somewhere?

I feel your pain. I can not re-roll my gloves successfully. I am re-rolling the weapon damage option, but will it give me +SMG damage. Not a chance. I ended up reducing my electronics by 5k at the weekend (down to 10k) to get my primary DPS up to 218k.

As an aside, there really are less and less people playing this (unforunately).

best i have seen is 192 blueprints. i'd pick them up, but as soon as i do i'll get a drop of a gear set 192 holster, or more likely a 214. if i don't pick it up, i'll never get the drop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

nocal wrote: »
    Is there not a good holster blueprint that you can pick up somewhere?

I feel your pain. I can not re-roll my gloves successfully. I am re-rolling the weapon damage option, but will it give me +SMG damage. Not a chance. I ended up reducing my electronics by 5k at the weekend (down to 10k) to get my primary DPS up to 218k.

As an aside, there really are less and less people playing this (unforunately).

Have noticed that too. Tbh, what's recently held me back from playing this daily is the amount of times I've slowly loaded into a group for daily/challenging, only to find out that it's bugged and won't start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

mossym wrote: »

Yeah I think I was dragged through that last night but I went from only having two green gear set items and a gear score of 181 to now having 5 :D and a GS of 190 thanks Mossyn for that extra green. I have now got two tacticians which brings my electronics up to 25k :) but its after dropping my health back down to 50k (was 70) and my DPS is miserable at around the 120k at best. Only thing is I have now got all the talents unlocked on all my weapons including my first wave M1A so hopefully this will compensate with extra crit hits and crit damage. Also running pulse with 25k skill the buff in the crit hit chance and damage should make up for the low dps (hopfully:o) and they regen is gone down to a crazy time so i can ping it no end.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Yeah I think I was dragged through that last night but I went from only having two green gear set items and a gear score of 181 to now having 5 :D and a GS of 190 thanks Mossyn for that extra green. I have now got two tacticians which brings my electronics up to 25k :) but its after dropping my health back down to 50k (was 70) and my DPS is miserable at around the 120k at best. Only thing is I have now got all the talents unlocked on all my weapons including my first wave M1A so hopefully this will compensate with extra crit hits and crit damage. Also running pulse with 25k skill the buff in the crit hit chance and damage should make up for the low dps (hopfully:o) and they regen is gone down to a crazy time so i can ping it no end.

be handy to have an electronic build like that on a team. i wouldn't worry about the dps as much as the health. i was 220k dps/60k health up till yesterday and switched to 175kdps 80k health as i felt i was a bit squishy. still went down last night but definitely was more robust.

don't forget you can always roll that new gear to improve health or add a mod slot. costs a bit on gear set items but could be worth it.

I'll likely be on tonight as my weekly incursion is reset so can get the double drop tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I am one lucky bastard :) home early today to pick kids up from school and I had an hour to spare so I said i knock out the DZ daily (kill 10 cleaners) anyway went into DZ01 and decided to pick off that named boss in the subway just outside that entrance easy peasy and what did he drop a green tactician glove..... The only green i was missing :):) so now my Electronics are up to 31k, so when i pulse my crit chance is 34% and crit damage is 65% and i can do this every 40 secs. I am happy with this....as it deffo compensates for my Lack of dps atm.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I am one lucky bastard :) home early today to pick kids up from school and I had an hour to spare so I said i knock out the DZ daily (kill 10 cleaners) anyway went into DZ01 and decided to pick off that named boss in the subway just outside that entrance easy peasy and what did he drop a green tactician glove..... The only green i was missing :):) so now my Electronics are up to 31k, so when i pulse my crit chance is 34% and crit damage is 65% and i can do this every 40 secs. I am happy with this....as it deffo compensates for my Lack of dps atm.

will be running incursion tonight most likely, give me a shout if you are up for it. with the reset you'll get another two pieces today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Have anyone managed to complete the incursion yet on challenging. Tried it once. We couldn't get past the drones it was that hard

Have anyone managed to complete the incursion yet on challenging. Tried it once. We couldn't get past the drones it was that hard

Got to wave 8 on CM, and I was with 2 randoms. Its deffo doable with a high level squad and teamwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I tried it, shotgunners one shotted me and the rest of the team, I had 78k health at the time! Left and went back to hard mode which is reasonably easy these days. Challenge mode is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Got to wave 8 on CM, and I was with 2 randoms. Its deffo doable with a high level squad and teamwork.

This fceker did by himself

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4ibott/challenge_mode_incursion_completed_solo/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

sentry gear...it just melts elites with headshots..I've a 180dps with 58k health and 16k tech but 3 pieces of sentry give me 20% headshot damage and 20% elite damage..the 4th piece marks the enemy for an additional 45% damage...like a hot knife through butter as they would say

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

logged on to do the hard dailies yesterday & just as I was leaving the DZ a buddy joined me. Ok I'll play round in the DZ awhile I think. Seven hours later I'm still there. How is such a bland game so addictive? Only met a handful of players in the DZ and those we met were just rogue hunting.
    Is the Phoenix Credits capped @ 1000?

phoenix credits are capped at 1000. pretty much made it pointless me doing the dailies for the last few days as at the level and the vendor restock friday night was awful. nothing to spend them on

finally got my holster in the incursion last night. might start grinding the dz for a while i think,no point doing the dailies. might luck upon something good in the DZ.

I bought the 204 AR from the BoO guy. I prefer the black market aK47 182 I have. The perks on the AK are all unlocked unlike the other one. Got my level to 202 on my main character, which is nice though.

Yeah when there is nothing to buy with credits I just make sure I get a blueprint for a gun I dont have in the hope that it gets a buff at some stage.

Met my 1st really really suspect player in the DZ last night, in the pit with 2 others and I pulse and see a guy in the corner hiding I am like WTF so over I goes and just zoom up on him. The minute he see's me he goes rouge and takes me and the other lad down with a vector without even using a clip!!! Some achievement on its on that (vector has a tiny clip) other lads opens up on him and he starts jumping jacks without even popping a survivor link ffs.

So we all die right beside DZ 6 and come back out and go hunting again, chase him down and it took 3 of us with explosive rounds to kill this douche bag all of us using survivor link one after other....not a case of him being tanked it was well dodgy.

Rolled the First Wave M1A blueprint last night 23 times to get a decent sniper......have no division tech left now. Completely bankrupt for a god roll M1A but they are sooooo worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I bought the 204 AR from the BoO guy. I prefer the black market aK47 182 I have. The perks on the AK are all unlocked unlike the other one. Got my level to 202 on my main character, which is nice though.

Yeah I bought that too last night. It's all over the shop though. I've added loads of accuracy and stability and I still can't get it on target. I've 4 striker pieces so accuracy is the most important thing I have.

i'm maxed on phoenix credits and have been waiting on either a decent M1 or preferably a good AR. i bought the aug that was on sale a couple of weeks ago, which is a beast in fairness, and been wanting to replace my 163 level AK47 and First Wave M1 with something higher/better.

got all excited when i saw both in the BOO vendor this week, but after seeing the specs i decided not to bother, don't think either would be an upgrade on what i have.

The AUG and the AR the guy sold the last couple of weeks seem to be specced for an electronics build which I don't have.
    In saying that I probably need an electronics build - must buy the tactician stuff from him.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The AUG and the AR the guy sold the last couple of weeks seem to be specced for an electronics build which I don't have.
    In saying that I probably need an electronics build - must buy the tactician stuff from him.

if it's the 204 aug that was on sale a couple of weeks ago it definitely wasn't elec based, none of the talents require electronics, if i had another 5 stamina on anything i'd have all the talents unlocked on it.

the smg that was on last week was definitely elec based, but that wasn't an aug if i remember correctly

Advertisement