Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

k must check that I thought 2of the 3 perks were closed 'cos my electronics weren't high enough. I should know i've been running it for the past fortnight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

gimli2112 wrote: »
    k must check that I thought 2of the 3 perks were closed 'cos my electronics weren't high enough. I should know i've been running it for the past fortnight.

pretty sure we are talking about the same one and believe me if it had any elec requirements i wouldn't meet them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Aaarrrggh, played incursion with 2 guys who had cleared it multiple times, gets to wave 15 and the 3rd player decides to run out into the open.. He had no clue how to play incursion even with a gear score of 202, obviously a glitcher , we all end up dead because of him.. What a geebag

had something similar the other night. starting to hear of a few cases like that. beginning to wonder are some guys doing it on purpose trolling. seems daft though as the remaining still have a chance to get the bomb planted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

My 163 Aug is still my favorite weapon despite all the higher level stuff I have. So easy to use.

• Advertisement

giving up my 182 vector for the 204 aug was a difficult move, the vector rocked, but it was worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

mossym wrote: »
    giving up my 182 vector for the 204 aug was a difficult move, the vector rocked, but it was worth it.

I'm really pissed I missed out on that Aug

i think the fact i grinded challenging for a week, going from zero PC to the 900 or whatever it cost to buy it just before it disappeared may be inflating my opinion of how good it is. it'll take a cannon to make me give it up after the work i put in to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I bought the M1 from the Special Vendor the other day, as it's electronic orientated I don't meet the requirements for 2 out of 3 talents, but it does about 5k damage a shot more than the 163 GS one I'd been using.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jayop wrote: »
    My 163 Aug is still my favorite weapon despite all the higher level stuff I have. So easy to use.

Same here. I re-rolled it a few times to get better talents, it was the reason I didn't bother trying to farm credits for the 204 AUG that time - slightly better DMG but I didn't think it's talents were all that great, and no chance to re-roll it.

When I did get to 1000 credits I just bought the two Sentry blueprints instead. Although when I crafted them they came out with a gear score of 191 or something, not 214 as they said before I bought them. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Can you re-roll blueprints/guns?

I always thought it was just wearables that could be re-rolled.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Can you re-roll blueprints/guns?

I always thought it was just wearables that could be re-rolled.

for a blueprint you just craft a new version of the gun, so you end up with two keep the better/best one. existing guns can't be rolled.

that 204 aug had pretty good talents (depending on your build) which made the 800pc or whatever it was expensive but somewhat justifiable. the issue with the current offerings are that the talents are rubbish and the costs are huge, both over 900.

I've run the Lincoln Tunnel about nine million times so have had enough PCs the last few weeks although it is wearing a little thin.

I've run the Lincoln Tunnel about nine million times so have had enough PCs the last few weeks although it is wearing a little thin.

aye, they really need to raise the cap so that people can have a bankroll to allow them not have to chase PC every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

In fairness that Aug that was sold the other week is an absolute monster, no way on earth I would go back to a small clipped vector not a chance and I have a super rolled vector on my alt char. It does have the best stopping power of all the SMG's but in PvP you get smoked re-loading all the time.

I am lucky enough that all the perks are proc'ed on the aug with my main dude.

I actually prefer the Midas to the Vector..... there I've said it. I use the Aug and Police M14 on my main character but only 'cos of their levels. The Aug is excellent the M14 is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Doing the incursion most days for weeks trying to get a sentry or striker back pack. Did it tonight and got both!

splashed out on the two sentry's call BP's from the BOO last night. figured i'd get back close to the credit cap before friday anyway, and as it turns out i got really nice rolls on both peices as opposed to the 4 or 5 awful rolls i got on each of the strikers BP's i had bought a while back. in fact, apart from 4 or 5 calibration rolls(no credits left now :( ) on one of the pieces trying to get enemy armor damage they were well worth it, and i just need to get some more credits to roll that spec and i'll be happy.

so gone from 6 striker to 3 striker 3 sentry call, and from 180k dps 75k health to 220kdps and 80k health. can tell the difference from the missing 4th strikers bit alright, once you started hitting something consecutively quickly with the 4 pieces they went down fast, but my damage to elites is gone up so taking them down quicker which is much handier for the endgame.

cleared a supply drop of guards in the dz in no time with that setup, for the princely reward of two purples. saw an extraction called in, had two rubbish gold peices i thought i'd extract for parts, got close to the extraction, saw the team of red rogues sitting there and just left the dz scrapping the gear, wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

it at least makes the dailies interesting again as have 600 credits i can get now to get back to the cap before friday night so i can buy the god gun we all know is coming......right?

Have 4 sentry pieces on my main character. I think I have two nomad pieces also but would prefer the striker gear. Bought the tactical stuff for my alt character in the BoO yesterday and made an absolute hames of my build. The electronics score has gone way up but my health has collapsed. Have 90 odd credits left.

Oh and you're right the Aug 204 doesn't need electronics. I'm a little short of health to unlock the final perk.

Oh and you're right the Aug 204 doesn't need electronics. I'm a little short of health to unlock the final perk.

i wouldn't worry about it .my new build unlocked it for me last night. can't remember what it's called but it's the one for extra damage if you are at full heath, which in this game is rare enough, not worth changing anything for, the other two perks are the good ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

The grind for Darkzone credits is fairly tough. Im trying to get enough to purchase that M1A blueprint before it goes again.

Was reading online the best way to grind them is by going level 1 or 2 rogue and then letting the timer run down rather than going full on Man hunt.

Got to wave 11 on Challenge Mode incursion the last day. Running with first aid heal and triage really helps here. You do need a few running with flash bang sticky bombs to slow the shotgunners. One daft eejit on the team randomly ran out to a different area causing us to die.

joe123 wrote: »
    The grind for Darkzone credits is fairly tough. Im trying to get enough to purchase that M1A blueprint before it goes again.

Was reading online the best way to grind them is by going level 1 or 2 rogue and then letting the timer run down rather than going full on Man hunt.

Yeah I posted this a few days ago, much more effective then manhunts. The M1A blueprint is busting my balls, rolling the life outta it. Have a really nice roll but its aint a god roll.

Prefection costs a **** load in the Division.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

yup, rerolling a sentry piece waiting to get enemy armor damage, once i do it will be a super piece,but it will not give me it to me. only 5 options in the slot but i keep getting 3 of the other 4 as options. costing me a bundle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I have never gone after perfection on rolls yet in this game - I guess I learned the hard way from Destiny. All of the gear is only a stepping stone to better gear. So once I get a good roll on something I stop and then occasionally roll the item again in case I get something better.

At this point I try to keep a stash of 50 high end div tech and 100k DZ funds. That way I can always grind the funds and parts needed to for anything that might appear on stock refresh.

Now if the game would just drop me some 214 level sentry gear to replace the 2 191 level items I am wearing.....it will probably drop just before they nerf the sentry gear (which apparently is coming). In fairness it is too easy to get the buff to apply using an smg.

i don't roll stuff unless it's at the top of the current available levels usually, the gear i was rolling last night were 214

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah I posted this a few days ago, much more effective then manhunts. The M1A blueprint is busting my balls, rolling the life outta it. Have a really nice roll but its aint a god roll.

Balanced is getting fixed in the next 1.2 patch so keep that in mind!

I want that M1A too but borked at the 250k+ pricetag. I'll be better served waiting to see whats in the new incursion at this point before dropping that kind of DZ currency..... currently only have 48k to spend anyway :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So I decided to see if I could get myself a DZ instance all to myself. Went into a safe house at 10 pm and left the game running for 2 hours. And that was it. Emerge later into a completely empty and uncontested DZ. And I got a good three hours out of it, before the game crashed and decided I should be put back into a populated instance instead of resuming from where I was. And in those three hours I achieved absolutely nothing. The vast majority of the drops were the usual and useless blue, purple and green. Nothing in emerald, and the high end stuff was all useless. It was good for my phoenix credits, but nothing else.

Yeah balanced is getting nerfed but you can still get stable/steady along with brutal and one other situational perk or high critical damage. Currently rocking a 173% head shot damage with 44.6k base damage m1a with 3 delicious perks. Well worth the wait I tell ya.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I went properly rogue (on purpose) for the first time last night. Got killed by the AI at extraction zone in DZ5, by the time I respawned and got back, someone had picked up my gear and called in an extraction. Shot him in the back as he tried to extract, and took my gear back (plus the crappy purple performance mod, which for some reason was the only item he had that wasn't mine). Still feel bad :(

Do flashbangs cause you to go rogue now? Prior to the above I was at DZ6 extraction zone, but there was someone there already, who kept shooting at me with his pistol (so not enough for him to go rogue). I lobbed a flashbang and legged it, but halfway down the rope I went rogue.

Advertisement