Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I was doing an extraction alone in dz2 when 3 rogues approached with 80 second counters , before i ran away i thought id try the surrender hand signal thingy and it worked :pac: felt weird doing an extraction with 3 rogues.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

On todays state of the game, it was clarified that the new incursion will be the same requirements as Falcon Lost.
    There will be new gear sets in 1.2 (same colour as existing gear sets) and no release date for 1.2 though next weeks state of the game is going to be "very exciting".

Most of the weapon balancing will be after 1.2 - they are aiming to move away from the current meta which they summarized as Aug, MIA DPS builds.

Edit: Phoenix credits cap being raised to 2000, armor cap going to 75%. Health and Armor now combined into a "toughness" stat. Brutal being "balanced" it will add rather than multiply and sentry gear talent will only work on semi automatic weapons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

that mention of next week's been very exciting annoys me. sounds like all they will do is drop a date then.

I kind of think that it will be announced as it is applied and not beforehand.
    Maybe the big excitement will be that the state of the game the following week will be "very exciting".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I've gave it a break for a few nights. Hopefully the mojo for it comes back.

• Advertisement

nocal wrote: »
    I kind of think that it will be announced as it is applied and not beforehand.
    Maybe the big excitement will be that the state of the game the following week will be "very exciting".

microsoft will want it for at least a week before they will release it to the public so hopefully if it's dropping next week they already have it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

mcgovern wrote: »

Do flashbangs cause you to go rogue now? Prior to the above I was at DZ6 extraction zone, but there was someone there already, who kept shooting at me with his pistol (so not enough for him to go rogue). I lobbed a flashbang and legged it, but halfway down the rope I went rogue.

Yes, AFAIK as it does nade damage along with the flash. And shooting a friendly turret that caused mayhem a few times on my part lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

mcgovern wrote: »
    I lobbed a flashbang and legged it, but halfway down the rope I went rogue.

Maybe he had really REALLY bad asthma :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Most of the weapon balancing will be after 1.2 - they are aiming to move away from the current meta which they summarized as Aug, MIA DPS builds.

All the "KOOL KIDZ" rock that setup.....well that what I keep telling myself....only one more rank to go for the magical 99 DZ :eek::eek:

Hopefully I can prestige and start all over again......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

If they can do that in a non-destructive/non-nerfish way I think it's a good idea. It's bothered me all along that the focus has always been on instant-DPS, with less on the skills unless you really took your time and dug into them. I'm on my 3rd lvl30 Alt now (2 different sets of friends that started off well after I did, not PC greed...well not just...) and I've decided to make him a Skill build. It's a work in progress as so far he had DPS based hand-me-downs but I'm already starting to see the benefits and it's added at least some variety to the grind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Quick question.

Gonna attempt a few of the missions on challenging tonight see how I go, hopefully. What would be the min stats I should be looking at for surviving them?

At the mo I think I'm about 70 odd dps and just over 90 health with about 15 or 16 skill I think, could be lower.

Got the high end vector and most of my gear is yellow now with a few purples, also have fairly high armour stat I think

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Quick question.

Gonna attempt a few of the missions on challenging tonight see how I go, hopefully. What would be the min stats I should be looking at for surviving them?

At the mo I think I'm about 70 odd dps and just over 90 health with about 15 or 16 skill I think, could be lower.

Got the high end vector and most of my gear is yellow now with a few purples, also have fairly high armour stat I think

Need more DPS!

90k health? 70-80 will do.
    If you are matchmaking for this you are highly likely to be kicked/have people leave if your GS is less than 180/190 - just an indication of the pugs out there in the wild.

Lincoln Tunnel is the easiest. What platform are you playing on?

Need more DPS!

90k health? 70-80 will do.
    If you are matchmaking for this you are highly likely to be kicked/have people leave if your GS is less than 180/190 - just an indication of the pugs out there in the wild.

Lincoln Tunnel is the easiest. What platform are you playing on?
    Yeh was thinking I could take a hit on the health to get my dps up a bit. Might look at rolling some of my gear later, think my gear score is about 154 or that.

On PS4

Yeh was thinking I could take a hit on the health to get my dps up a bit. Might look at rolling some of my gear later, think my gear score is about 154 or that.

On PS4

Yeah look at rolling any 182 pieces you have on, wouldn't waste the credits on anything less at this point.

Lincoln is easiest. Lexington though is way faster and not that much harder

mossym wrote: »
    Lincoln is easiest. Lexington though is way faster and not that much harder

Agreed, and start of Lincoln can be problematic if you get matched with players with low ammo capacity and lowish dps. Has happened me a few times :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

You can of course completely avoid the start of the Lincoln tunnel by legging it down the right hand side tunnel past the enemies. I prefer Lexington these days and agree with others, 90k health is not needed. Don't think I've ever had over 60k.

Rolled a few bits of my gear and dropped my health down to 60k ish
    DPS is now sitting just shy of 120k. Haven't tested that yet, did the two daily hards on my own with 90k dps and fairly melted through lads so have high hopes.
    Skill is around 7k ish now though but seem to be coping reasonably well.

Ran the DZ for a little while before turning it off and ended up teaming up with a random chap. Got a nice bit of loot out for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Agreed, and start of Lincoln can be problematic if you get matched with players with low ammo capacity and lowish dps. Has happened me a few times :o

I generally won't run challenging with randoms unless I'm leading. It's annoying when someone disconnects and you can't kick them. It's still doable with 3 but can go on a lot longer.

Did the Russian consulate with a friend and two randoms yesterday. Their levels were about the same as the first time I ran it but it didn't take 8 hours this time.

think we hit the limit on how fast you can run incursion last night. 2 completed runs of 30 mins each. the waves just don't come quickly enough to do it any faster. that's on hard of course. still to give challenging a run.

after splurging on the sentry BPs i was down to 300 credits early in week, but back up to 950 now, refresh night at the vendor tonight so hopefully we get a decent AR. please please please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Uncharted 4 just arrived in work. Been dying to play this game for a while now. My first thought was "Must just do the dailies when I get home then I'll play UC4"

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads how are you finding the game now after a couple of months? When I played the beta I thought that it might get old quickly because I didn't enjoy the combat against AI and I thought that the dark zone was a bit limited.

If you haven't bought it yet wait and see what the 1.2 update does. I'm loving the game, endgame has some issues though but if they are resolved in 1.2 it's superb

Rolled a few bits of my gear and dropped my health down to 60k ish
    DPS is now sitting just shy of 120k. Haven't tested that yet, did the two daily hards on my own with 90k dps and fairly melted through lads so have high hopes.
    Skill is around 7k ish now though but seem to be coping reasonably well.

Ran the DZ for a little while before turning it off and ended up teaming up with a random chap. Got a nice bit of loot out for a change.
    60k is pretty weak. Depends on how much armor you have but I found 60 too low. Bumping to 80 made a huge difference, especially for incursion

I find a major difference between 60k health and 70k health.

After that, I only go over 70k if it is not going to impact too heavily on the other stats. Having at least 60% armor is also a must in my book.

@Fakman87 - I did not play the beta - I tend to avoid them as they seem to disappoint. IMO the game gets better when you no longer have to hide from everything i.e. when you can run and gun a bit as opposed to using cover. The DZ is probably a bit limited but the dynamic of not knowing who to trust is great. Also, getting revenge kills on someone who ambushes you is great fun, or winning a 1v2.
    I still enjoy playing the game and I enjoy playing with others. A lot of people are giving up on the game at the moment which is a shame. If you were to pick it up I would strongly advise co-op with a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Uncharted 4 just arrived in work. Been dying to play this game for a while now. My first thought was "Must just do the dailies when I get home then I'll play UC4"

?

Exactly what I'm doing, all the daily stuff each day then on to Uncharted. Still addicted to this game.

mossym wrote: »
    60k is pretty weak. Depends on how much armor you have but I found 60 too low. Bumping to 80 made a huge difference, especially for incursion
    I found it fairly alright running the missions and dealing with the DZ enemies. Didn't have to hide all the time unless there was a good gang of them.
    Also have about 21-22% health regain on kills so that helps me out sometimes.
    Armour stat should be reasonably high as far as I remember, I'll add it up when I'm home later.

What way does the armour stat work, guessing it's damage mitigation or the likes?

the missions would be fine at 60k, it was incursion and PVP in the darkzone i noticed it. to be fair most of the missions are speed runs at this stage if you have anyway decent gear

go into the character tab and look under survivaility. you want your armor protection as close to 65% as you can get, that''s the max and adding more above that won't help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

After 1.2 they are combining Stamina/Health and Armor to show a new stat called toughness. Its to help people have a clearer view on how more armor/less stamina or vice versa affects your build.

Running with 65% armor mitigation and I notice a huge difference with it. Dropped my health from 80k to 60k so I could implement it and I was able to withstand hits better than before. Grenades,fire etc however bypass armor and do serious damage.

I have since bumped my health to 82k keeping Armor mitigation at 65%. Finally managed to grind enough credits for the high end M1A blueprint and rolled balanced on my first roll. Pity its getting fixed in a week!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

joe123 wrote: »
    After 1.2 they are combing Stamina/Health and Armor to show a new stat called toughness. Its to help people have a clearer view on how more armor/less stamina or vice versa affects your build.

Running with 65% armor mitigation and I notice a huge difference with it. Dropped my health from 80k to 60k so I could implement it and I was able to withstand hits better than before. Grenades,fire etc however bypass armor and do serious damage.

I have since bumped my health to 82k keeping Armor mitigation at 65%. Finally managed to grind enough credits for the high end M1A blueprint and rolled balanced on my first roll. Pity its getting fixed in a week!

Yeah looking forward to the Toughness stat, hopefully make things a bit simpler to understand. They're also increasing that 65% max damage mitigation to 75%.

The fourth talent in the Sentry gear set will only work on semi-automatics so no procs from SMGs, and the Brutal talent is also getting "fixed" to reduce its damage output.

Advertisement