Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

mossym wrote: »
    think we hit the limit on how fast you can run incursion last night. 2 completed runs of 30 mins each. the waves just don't come quickly enough to do it any faster. that's on hard of course. still to give challenging a run.

Did the incursion myself last night with a bunch of randoms and lucked out and got a good bunch of lads did it first go and like yourself did it in just over a half an hour I'd say. Got two green drops and now have three gs214 strikers sets. still didn't do a bomb run mossyn... :) but I think i am much better set up for it now or a good support dude with my 30k skills, my health is now more respectable at 63k. Although i am still struggling with my dps at 135k.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Made it to level 8 of the incursion on challenging with a mate and 2 randomers. It's fceking hard

Anyone else noticing over the last week the increase in the number of griefers in the DZ (xbox) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've started a new character which mean no dz for me..it was pretty awful the past month in there alright...patch 1.2 is badly needed at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

super, after another poor refresh at the vendor i was thinking it might be time to hit the dz for the week to try and get a decent AR drop. if it's rogue central right now then screw that.

have a second character started now as well, might get them to 30 this week instead

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    super, after another poor refresh at the vendor i was thinking it might be time to hit the dz for the week to try and get a decent AR drop. if it's rogue central right now then screw that.

have a second character started now as well, might get them to 30 this week instead

that was my thoughts exactly..I had some spare tactician gear so going with an electronics bill..although I'm wondering if I'm flogging a dead horse atm...patch 1.2 really really needs to be good otherwise the division will be finished.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Havent played since a few days after incursion patch, what a joke a warehouse with waves of enemies zzzzz.
    With so little content ive had no incentive to play since but decided to boot it up today.
    Thought id matchmake for todays challenge got kicked from all three groups I was put into as soon as they saw my GS is only 177, getting as bad as wow in this regard now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

1000 PC credits and nowt to spend them on. No point in doing the dailys to farm credits cos the limit is reached. Hope 1.2 happens soon.

Dcully wrote: »
    Havent played since a few days after incursion patch, what a joke a warehouse with waves of enemies zzzzz.
    With so little content ive had no incentive to play since but decided to boot it up today.
    Thought id matchmake for todays challenge got kicked from all three groups I was put into as soon as they saw my GS is only 177, getting as bad as wow in this regard now.
    Aye. GS filtering is truly awful now. I had two 198's debating if they would let my 195 stay. When I told them I could switch to gear that got me to 199 if they wanted they shut up. Spent the mission getting them back up. Royal joke

superg wrote: »
    1000 PC credits and nowt to spend them on. No point in doing the dailys to farm credits cos the limit is reached. Hope 1.2 happens soon.
    Lexington probbaly still worth farming for gear but thats about it. Have a few green drops from it in the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've just managed to solo Lexington on challenging for the first time. Bit of a steep learning curve. Naturally all the drops were junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Dcully wrote: »

Not that I doubt it happens but I've not seen this personally yet. I have 2 Chars I'll run challenging with, 197 and 180 at the mo. Never had the 180 kicked, in fact just finished Lex with a trio that were all 200+ and yup I was picking them up fairly constantly. A high GS doesn't mean a well tuned, or played, character and I think the higher guys tend to be more gung-ho and make more mistakes.
    Hell last night we had a 30+ guy, didn't get kicked thankfully, he was literally gearing up as we went through the mission, I think he finished around 80 or so :).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

superg wrote: »

Buy blueprints for guns you do not have, I started to buy the AR blueprints as apparently the AR (assault rifles) are getting a good buff in the new patches same as shotguns.

Blueprints dont take up space so handy to have them there, as you say nothing else to spend the credits on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭uptherebels

anybody having issues with connecting to the game and having really bad lag when you do? on ps4

Looks like they have changed things up a bit with the missions etc. I think you can now only do the incursion once a week....(don't quote me on the time) So no farming for gear sets and this as I was only just getting the hang of it. And is it my my imagination but the weekly challenge where you have to do x number of missions etc has ramped up the size of the tasks to get it done.

On another note I thought i was an old ba***rd for playing games in my mid forties' but i teamed up witha dude who was sixty last night :) he was pretty decent also with gear score of 204.

Not sure about the weekly incursion limit as was watching a lad on twitch today do it multiple times. Will try it later.

Wouldnt worry about that weekly challenge too much. Always thought 30 credits was way too little a reward, a single run through Lexington would have that for you in 10 minutes

Why farm the incursion on hard for the same dumb **** over and over again!!!!

Once a week is good enough for me TBH, would rather fail bigtime on challenge mode in the hope of getting a nice 240 piece of ass.

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Looks like they have changed things up a bit with the missions etc. I think you can now only do the incursion once a week....(don't quote me on the time) So no farming for gear sets and this as I was only just getting the hang of it. And is it my my imagination but the weekly challenge where you have to do x number of missions etc has ramped up the size of the tasks to get it done.

On another note I thought i was an old ba***rd for playing games in my mid forties' but i teamed up witha dude who was sixty last night :) he was pretty decent also with gear score of 204.

If you could only get a reward from it once a week it would seriously screw up matchmaking for it. People would get it out of the way after the reset and then not bother playing it.

I'm pretty much done with the game at this point and have no desire to run another incursion i'm convinced will be the same as the 1st one. It's far too little to add.

I'm not invested in a season pass so when the paid content comes out I'll consider it maybe but for now I see no point in farming for stuff just to make farming for stuff on the same content easier.

I don;t PvP in games usually but even I can say this game needs a dedicated PvP mode and should have had one from the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When is the 1.2 patch out or do we know yet. Havnt played this since the incursion came out so hopefully the next patch will fix things up a bit. If not i think I'll be deleting it. Feel like i got my moneys worth but will be disappointed if they cant turn it around

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've seen May 17th mentioned, but nothing that Massive seem to have publicly committed to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ran the Lincoln tunnel with randoms yesterday. they were all lower level than me but damn we ran through it. ten minutes per go and ran it 3 or 4 times. two lads had the M1A sniper, 1 cover perk and 2 of us had pulse. Enemies were just melted - it was ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

You can run the incursions as often as you want. First time on hard per week you get a GS 214 item and after that its 191 items.

On Challenge Mode you get a 240 once per week and after that, 214 items I think it is.The description doesnt state this once you complete it though.

Finally completed Challenge Mode incursion last night for the first time. Got a 240 backpack....tactician. A build I dont run so the thing is useless to me :(

Ran a hardmode too with a gang of lads who never ran it before. Spent my time riving them, while holding off shotgunners. At the end got another strikers harness which was slightly worse than the one I already have. Ended up dropping it for them too. My good deed done :pac:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Why farm the incursion on hard for the same dumb **** over and over again!!!!

Once a week is good enough for me TBH, would rather fail bigtime on challenge mode in the hope of getting a nice 240 piece of ass.

it's the most reliable and handiest way of building up the pieces from the different sets if you want to try out different builds. once you have them though it loses a lot of appeal.

i think it should drop more though. you play a challenging mission you'll get numerous drops, not gold but at least stuff you ca dismantle for parts. with all the elites you kill in incursion they should drop random items.

Just jumped on to check to see i could do incursion and it let me alright. If defo didn't on sat night, it might be you can only do it once a day there was timer alright. I was a bit tired and emotional though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

The incursion can be run multiple times.
    Technically the weekly rewards (i.e. the 214 item on hard) is only available once a week. However, if you have already run the incursion and then join someone who has not run it this week (and they are the fireteam leader) then you will get the weekly rewards again on completion.

I have completed the hard incursion with the same character 3 times this week and have got 3 x 214 armor items. Obviously, none of the 214 items that I wanted....

nocal wrote: »
    The incursion can be run multiple times.
    Technically the weekly rewards (i.e. the 214 item on hard) is only available once a week. However, if you have already run the incursion and then join someone who has not run it this week (and they are the fireteam leader) then you will get the weekly rewards again on completion.

I have completed the hard incursion with the same character 3 times this week and have got 3 x 214 armor items. Obviously, none of the 214 items that I wanted....

Incursion whore!!!

Bring that redzer fella in the DZ for XP he was crying like a baby last night getting killed by AI...LMAO

we had 2 lads in their mid sixties for our battlefield clan. We used to joke that one of them who use to rant about cheaters would get a heart attack one night. Sure as hell one Monday he had a heart attack, taken to the ospital, patched up by the NHS and back out gaming on Thursday night like nothing had happened and bitching about bloody cheaters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Incursion whore!!!

Bring that redzer fella in the DZ for XP he was crying like a baby last night getting killed by AI...LMAO

Well I proved that bit right last night! But at least I got another 214 sentry piece and have viable builds with gear score over 200.

But that will all change soon.

How did you get on with the challenge mode? Any observations or tips?

Just jumped on to check to see i could do incursion and it let me alright. If defo didn't on sat night, it might be you can only do it once a day there was timer alright. I was a bit tired and emotional though :)

you enjoy that session of filling our boots last night? that was more division tech and gear extracted than i'd have gotten in days before. must have slipped 50+ golds out of the DZ. most broken down, but some where decent, couple of guns with nice perks will do for the alternate character for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

When is the next free content update for this?

Advertisement