Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Cormac... wrote: »
    When is the next free content update for this?

Hopefully soon.
    Massive have not given a confirmed release date as they are working hard to make sure that the new incursion can not be glitched.
    The next update will affect endgame and not the initial playthrough.

If you do plan on dipping in after the next update I would advise you to team up with other fresh agents. That way you will have on level teammates for the Dark Zone etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

they've just said it is close, but that this will be a very exciting week. some think that means we'll get 1.2 this week, i think they will just announce the drop date.

either way, i think 1.2 is make or break for this game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ah I wouldn't mind helping Cormac rank up if need be. He'd have to hiding a corner but running the Russian Consulate on hard would bump a noob up several levels a pop.
    Once your at level 30 yer good to go.

you don't get ranked any faster for hard over normal. same credits

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ah I wouldn't mind helping Cormac rank up if need be. He'd have to hiding a corner but running the Russian Consulate on hard would bump a noob up several levels a pop.

I would not mind ranking him up either. But to my mind, ranking someone up is taking away most of the fun for them.

Discovering things for yourself is the journey that makes the endgame enjoyable and gives you half a hope of beginning to understand how various skills work etc.

I would almost guarantee that any "power ranked" new players will drop the game like a hot stone very soon after reaching level cap, but those who work their own way up will feel more immersed in the game and progression mechanism (i.e. grinding).

Also, if you matchmake the missions with randomers who are ranking up alts, the missions are likely to be speed runs. This is why I suggest playing with other fresh agents.

Also, if he does jump in I will happily rank up another alt/gear mule. I would try to do this in a non-spoiler way. I would "follow" him through missions etc. rather than run ahead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Probably just play till level 30 and see what the story is with the Dark Zone and End Game then. If it's a buggy/grindy/imbalanced mess in either instance, I'll probably just bow out after having my PvE 1->30 fun.

The Dark Zone, even the principle of it, is not something I can get excited about. It's not a game mode than interests me, not through any fault of the developer, just doesn't do it for me. I could see myself going in for an evening or two and getting my fill. I mean I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

Just cannot afford to No-Life any other games right now tbh.

Buy it for €40, sell it for €30.

Come back 6 months later if there's a "Complete Edition" in the works.
    But to my mind, ranking someone up is taking away most of the fun for them.

I agree with this based on Destiny and BL2.
    It's zero craic being a passenger.

I really didn't enjoy ranking up the alt character but now you say it, it was quite fun doing my main 1-30.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Probably just play till level 30 and see what the story is with the Dark Zone and End Game then. If it's a buggy/grindy/imbalanced mess in either instance, I'll probably just bow out after having my PvE 1->30 fun.

The Dark Zone, even the principle of it, is not something I can get excited about. It's not a game mode than interests me, not through any fault of the developer, just doesn't do it for me. I could see myself going in for an evening or two and getting my fill. I mean I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

Just cannot afford to No-Life any other games right now tbh.

The Dark Zone can be great fun. Jumped in last night with my alt just to get the 5 veteran kills for the 7500 daily XP. So I have 4 kills complete and some guy decides to try to take me down. I am on my alt and not confident I can win this battle. But I did. Then I rush off leave the Dark Zone and enter through another checkpoint to get the final kill. The tension is unreal in it at times. If I had died doing the "daily" DZ task, I would lose half the XP granted by it.

Other than that, yes there are bugs in the game, yes there are balance issues and yes it is grindy. But it can also be great fun. The game was not on my radar at all and here I am still playing and a little miffed that most of the people who were playing have given up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

mossym wrote: »
    you enjoy that session of filling our boots last night? that was more division tech and gear extracted than i'd have gotten in days before. must have slipped 50+ golds out of the DZ. most broken down, but some where decent, couple of guns with nice perks will do for the alternate character for a while.

Yeah good craic, a bit disappointed that we didn't get any green drops considering we were in DZ06 and got to a couple supply drops in Dz06 also. But still the about of gold I got out was mad. Only real thing of use i think is a gs183 lightweight m4 that I'm going to trial today. Otherwise it was like a cash for gold shop for me sold them to up cash reserves for rerolling stuff.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    mossym wrote: »
    you enjoy that session of filling our boots last night? that was more division tech and gear extracted than i'd have gotten in days before. must have slipped 50+ golds out of the DZ. most broken down, but some where decent, couple of guns with nice perks will do for the alternate character for a while.

Yeah good craic, a bit disappointed that we didn't get any green drops considering we were in DZ06 and got to a couple supply drops in Dz06 also. But still the about of gold I got out was mad. Only real thing of use i think is a gs183 lightweight m4 that I'm going to trial today. Otherwise it was like a cash for gold shop for me sold them to up cash reserves for rerolling stuff.
    just as i left ye i heard the supply drop coming in, figured sod's law would come to full force and you'd all get a string of gearset items given i'd left.

• Advertisement

And coming to 1.2 the ability to cut the rope at the extraction point and spill the loot of up to 4 people :mad:

How in the name of all that is sane do they think thats a good idea?

Actually now I think about it I can see why they are putting this in, it's to force people to go rogue, want your loot back got to kill someone for it . Which is just music to troll ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

My quick thoughts

- Being able to cut the rope on an extraction that low right there

- The man hunt thing looks good where you get a list of named bosses to find in a set time. That was one thing I though could work.

- New guns and gear sets good I suppose

- the new incursion don't know, looks like another horde mode thing like falcon lost.

All in all I think I will stick it out they have such a great universe created and great atmosphere and setting there is so much they can do with it

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Ugh that's gonna make the DZ near unbearable now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Did the incursion tonight for the first time this week and didn't get a 214, what gives? Another 191 to add to the pile. Was a good one though, 5 strikers gear now.

Was up early and did the challenging Lexington for some credits. One of the guys was a level 80. It was painful. Got stuck on the roof with the two LMGrs. The grenade spam was intense.
    Frustration breeds stupidity and I died a few times trying to rush the sniper. Guy dropped out and a higher level came in with a decent sniper and we breezed through it from there on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Overall I think the new 1.2 patch trailer is awesome, lots of endgame activities which is brilliant. I would not mind too much about cutting a loot rope peeps will just wait till the extraction is just about to leave before putting stuff on the rope leaving no time for it to be cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

New trailer for “Conflict” the second free update for Tom Clancy’s The Division available 24th May 2016

Looking forward to 1.2 now. I will have to spend time now clearing all the side missions on my alt. That is going to be painful. If anyone else is in the same boat on PS4 let me know and we'll organise a side mission clearing session at the weekend.

Extractions are going to be even more tense. Pulse will become more than essential to see what is around. I expect a lot of rogue activity in the new DZ, but at times it will be a case of not getting sucked in. Wander off somewhere safe, get some loot and extract it.
    Tight 3 and 4 man teams will become essential for the DZ now. Pity there is not some alternative for solo players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Was up early and did the challenging Lexington for some credits. One of the guys was a level 80. It was painful. Got stuck on the roof with the two LMGrs. The grenade spam was intense.
    Frustration breeds stupidity and I died a few times trying to rush the sniper. Guy dropped out and a higher level came in with a decent sniper and we breezed through it from there on in.
    If everyone runs to the left the roof us easy. The amount of people that I played with that won't do that is mental.

nocal wrote: »
    Looking forward to 1.2 now. I will have to spend time now clearing all the side missions on my alt. That is going to be painful. If anyone else is in the same boat on PS4 let me know and we'll organise a side mission clearing session at the weekend.

Extractions are going to be even more tense. Pulse will become more than essential to see what is around. I expect a lot of rogue activity in the new DZ, but at times it will be a case of not getting sucked in. Wander off somewhere safe, get some loot and extract it.
    Tight 3 and 4 man teams will become essential for the DZ now. Pity there is not some alternative for solo players.

aye, alt character will become important now, have one in progress as well i need to get up to 30. can't help thoough i'm on xbox

solo players will be farming the new HVT's rather than the DZ i'd imagine, they basically just killed the DZ from a solo point of view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I am rank 99 in the DZ and Id say I done 80% solo with not too much grief...bit of forward planning and thinking outside the cube kinda thing. Like calling in extractions at DZ 1 and running up to DZ 2 and calling it in again to extract.

Matchmaking with randoms is also a very good way of meeting potential friends and having good craic. I have two chars and thinking of starting a 3rd for ****s and giggles....mostly for a mule to horde **** in the stash but being able to stash 2000 PC is good now.

2000 pc going to be a big help. been capped at 1000 for days now, and that was after spending 650 last tuesday. so much easier to justify buying something too given it won't eat your whole stack

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Did the incursion with a group of 200+ GS lads yesterday and we, well they, rinsed it in 15 minutes! Amazing to watch. I'll be hanging with them a lot I reckon! We went to the left on the ledge and stayed there for the whole thing. Didn't even seem as many enemies came at us compared to doing it from the pit.

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]did incursion with randoms yesterday. turned out to be a group of 3 french lads who spoke english but not well enough to understand me in game. i think from what they were saying that they had never finished it. so into the game, they're good at taking the waves down, but they then proceed to discuss what to do with the bomb every time. on the first one the waves comes again they have taken so long. so we clear again, bomb is up top right so i make a run, grab it, plant it, and they all start cheering something like va va mossym va va mossym. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]second bomb plant rinse and repeat, only this time i die on the way back after planting. worried they might think they have to revive me i say in really bad french je retourner tout suite. which i get these shouts of vu parlez francias!![/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]now after that my mic stopped working. not a big deal for the third plant, had to go way up high to get it but was no big deal. last bomb however there were a ton of lmb on the left, bomb was down and jsut above the stairs, but i couldn't get them to clear out the left so i could run. finally i get to 3 or 4 left, 2 in the room. was yelling to know if any of them had an alt, no response, so went rambo and went, had to pop survivor link going into the room to clear the two dudes, then that was gone so threw the health pack and got the bomb planted. didn't make it back to the pit but they managed to stay alive. and the whole while[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]va va mossym va va mossym..[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]ah le frenchies...[/font]

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Jayop wrote: »
    If everyone runs to the left the roof us easy. The amount of people that I played with that won't do that is mental.

It's like people who insist on killing everyone at the start of the tunnel mission rather than running down the side.

It's like people who insist on killing everyone at the start of the tunnel mission rather than running down the side.

I think it's actually got to the point where it's easier to kill them now. Since one of the updates they follow you down and you end up with extra ai in the courtyard if you go right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Maysa07 wrote: »

Not really that exciting as promised last week.
    But then I guess they stole their own thunder by releasing the promo vid 2 days ago.

As an aside - why were you not on last night? :D

• Advertisement

stashes in the DZ.
    level 34 shotgunners nerfed
    can't alt to cut rope/steal supply drops any more.

all pretty big updates, how much excitement did you need? sharks with frickin lazer beams? :)

Advertisement