Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun clubs cork

Options
  • 12-06-2013 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey, I know there's a thread about this already but it's from back in 2006 so not sure if anythings changed since then.

Basically I'm looking to join a gun club, I'm based in the city so any info on the whereabouts of clubs would be great. Also how straightforward, or not, is it to get your Licence. I don't know anything about the whole process but would definitely like to get into it.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Have a check of this list of clubs. It's a list of ranges and their locations.

Good starting point.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Contact www.nargc.ie too. They should give you contact details. Whereabouts in City are you
    Some clubs are open for new members others not and some will insist on you being within the area that they operate.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

It all depends on what kind of "GUN CLUB" you want to join.... if it's for target shooting/clays, then look up the nasrpc.ie, for hunting/game/clays look up the nargc.

If you're in Cork city, FRC (target shooting club)is the closest to you, it's at Ballyhooley, just outside Fermoy.

When/if you get there - ask for James or Kieran, two better men you couldn't meet with regards to getting into the sport and getting information.

Good luck and welcome to our sport!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 darreng87

I'm in turners cross, and probably would like to start with target practice with the aim to eventually go hunting. I love fishing so reckon hunting should be even better!

Thanks a mil for all help and fast responses, ill have a look at those sights and go from there. Ill probably give the lads in Fermoy a shout as they were mentioned in another post aswell. Good to know they're open to newbies haha. How does it work so, like I obviously don't have a rifle so do they provide one for you to practice with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Hi. I'm a member of Fermoy Rifle Club. They used to have club guns to use but I think they can't anymore for insurance reasons. Members are allowed to bring guests so I could go with you of a morning and let you use mine. They are open sundays about 10-2pm and tuesday evenings from 6.30 till light goes. Fine bunch of people down there and will give you all the information you need to get started. Lots of them are hunters too. As to be expected and hoped for they are very strict on safety and procedure.

Club costs 400e for initial membership incl. insurance for a year and 350e thereafter. Ranges cater for .22 50m target, gallery rifle and 2 pistol ranges (.22, .38, .40 and 9mm is what i've seen there). Onsite canteen, toilets etc.

I used to be lough/friars walks but now living in Midleton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 darreng87

Hey heckler, wasn't expecting that haha that would be brilliant if you could! Thanks a mil, dunno if i can pm you my details cos I'm new to this forum!ill have a look there.

Advertisement