Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo imrovement?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys,

Looking for some info on logo improvement.
    I basically need poor quality images upgraded to high definition.
    Some people saying to outsource to India as I need a lot of images done cheaply.

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BNW

It's difficult to upgrade the pixel resolution of a low resolution image to a higher because the pixel information isn't there. Some algorithms for doing this are better than others found within Photoshop, but still the algos are trying to guess the correct pixel colours... whether they can do this well will depend on the range of colours involved in the image... I'd look for forums with photoshop guro members and post your logo for an opinion... <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I wouldn't ever outsource to India. Done it before on a few different things, and it's just ended in hours of lost time, money, and a whole lot of stress. Most have a terrible level of English, making it impossible to communicate effectively.
    I had a few projects on the go a year or so ago. One being a CMS (Content Management system) website. Simple enough if you know what you're doing. Explained it clearly in Emails, over and over again. I sent the HTML/CSS over and amazingly, he sent the same thing back the next week (Day before deadline) and claimed it was ready to go. Of course, he offered to do it dirt cheap, but it ended up costing that project in the end. I have more similar stories, all from India, Chinese, and Pakistani "designers" or "developers"
    Your post confuses me though - You're looking for logo improvements and some image stuff?
    The image stuff is impossible, assuming it's a image from a camera. Reason being, is it's made up of little dots of colour. Nothing anyone can do, no matter what they say, will improve it's quality. Low quality can be due to someone stretching the image in a photo editing software, or just a poor camera. If you ask most India fellas to do it for you, they'll promise you the sun, just to get the money. However, they'll end up sending you the same files and argue with you about how it's complete.
    In terms of logo improvements - Again, I'd avoid the Eastern chaps. Design quality in my experience has been piss poor, and again, communication will always let you down!
    For your logo, you'll find a freelancer, or a student from Ireland (or somewhere similar) that'll be able to give you a good result for cheap enough. If you're still looking, drop me a PM with some details and a link to your logo and I might be able to sort you out.
    Main thing to take away from this reply, is to avoid the Eastern guys, unless you want to tear your hair out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Redraw the logo in Flash or photoshop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Easy to do if you know how. Learn illustrator in a few hours or pay someone to do it for you in one day. A simple redesign of an existing logo that is determined should be no more than one days work. I would pay an expert 40ph by 7hrs for a days work based on the above i.e. 280 euros for professional redesign.

If research is needed and a total redesign is applicable then include the research days i.e. 280 euros per day. that or hire an intern that might do it as an experience for much less as an experience for them.

Advertisement