Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is that the Winterval train I hear?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I'm hearing a bell in Waterford City and it is not unlike the train that ferried people around for the Winterval. Is it the same one I wonder and what is it doing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

Yes, it's the Winterval train - saw it driving up and down The Quay a few times this morning.

Not sure what it's doing, it wasn't very full, but perhaps city tours? Or it's the shuttle from the train station into town? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Might have been doing promotional work for Winterval, (photo-op etc) as the gears are turning at the mo in relation to this years festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

thanks guys,

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

I saw it coming down Castle St, so my guess is it's a city tour, as part of the city walls are up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭waterfordkick

thats the new Waterford city Luas :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TheGormog

lewisdhead wrote: »
    I saw it coming down Castle St, so my guess is it's a city tour, as part of the city walls are up there.

The world's biggest ghost train

• Registered Users Posts: 40 guitarist14

worked with the train at christmas and was talking to the lads running it. It will be running for the summer as a sightseeing train along a different route it did at christmas to take in castle street and monuments around that area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Cut backs at Bus Eireann

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Wouldn't it be great if it had a more powerful engine and more carriages , they could run it on the Waterford to tramore cycle track and maybe knock down a few joggers on the way out and back . Everybody's a winner !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

From Waterford Treasures FB Page:
    Ah would you look at what's outside our front door!
    The Waterford Roadtrain is now running 7 days per week, 10am to 6pm, no pre-booking required. Duration approx 25 mins.
    Adult 8E, Senior 6E, Child 5E, Family 20E (2+2).
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=464457703628626&set=a.130896656984734.31311.102366703171063&type=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

Saw it coming in past the Redbridge at around 09:30am today and I saw it again at around 18:20pm filling up from the he DCI pump in the old Texco in Newrath tonight. I really don't know why anyone would care about this but I thought I might aswell document in anyway. :pac:

Advertisement