Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ban from zombie survival

Options
  • 12-06-2013 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

I want to address my ban by degrassinoel from zombie survival.

In a debate on 2 different threads he has singled me out for the same reason. which I have clarified to him.

Accusing me of not reading the OP in both cases, even tho I have offered alternates to the OP and clarified my points.

In one case I was confirming his post and providing more information.

he then snipped my clarification post to make it look like i was being abusive to him and offered me a ban.
    I PM'd a response asking him to clarify the ban and review the threads his mature response was
    haha.

This mod is abusing his privaliges and behaving like a child.

Id like this ban lifted and an apology from this mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,689 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi thegreatiam,

In the post before the one you got banned for, the mod said this
    It's not really, you appear to be arguing for the sake of it with every post rather than discussing the given topic. You need to relax yourself, and Consider this post a warning. Of course i take it very seriously when one user attempts to undermine another's posts constantly, regardless of the topic. And to be brutally honest this seems to be your style of post whenever you quote anyone.

The last line of your response was:
    so take your warning and jog on.

The rest of your post which was edited out by the mod was discussing why you felt you shouldn't have been given an unofficial warning. This is against normal site rules, where if you wish to discuss a mod action, you don't do so on thread. You're supposed to PM the mod. Instead, you argued with the mod on thread, and your last line was needlessly aggressive and antagonistic.

I see no reason to lift the ban. You may ask for an admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Penn wrote: »
    Hi thegreatiam,

In the post before the one you got banned for, the mod said this

The last line of your response was:

The rest of your post which was edited out by the mod was discussing why you felt you shouldn't have been given an unofficial warning. This is against normal site rules, where if you wish to discuss a mod action, you don't do so on thread. You're supposed to PM the mod. Instead, you argued with the mod on thread, and your last line was needlessly aggressive and antagonistic.

I see no reason to lift the ban. You may ask for an admin to review this decision if you wish.
    I emailed the mod, his response was HAHA.

I see no reason why I should respond to that kind of authority.

direct me to an admin please

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I emailed the mod, his response was HAHA.

I see no reason why I should respond to that kind of authority.
    The problem with that line of argument is that (a) you had already rejected the authority of the moderator before you received the PM, and (b) you don't get to decide whether or not to comply with moderator instructions.

You haven't said anything to make me question Penn's reasoning. The ban is upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement