Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Counting Machines?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

After a particularly ****e experience at the counter of AIB The Quay today, I'm looking for other places in Waterford to exchange coins into 'paper money'.

I know there are coin counting machines in Tesco Ardkeen and Poleberry - can anybody save me the trip and say if these machines:

a) Take a % or charge a fee?

b) Do they return cash, or is it only Tesco vouchers?

Does anyone know of a bank that takes coin lodgement in an easy fashion? (AIB's machines only take paper bills)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

They print a voucher that you can exchange for cash at the customer service desk or you can spend it in store.

I think they take commission, might be 10% but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Tesco take a %, i think its more than 10% though, might be 15%.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

shockwave wrote: »
    They print a voucher that you can exchange for cash at the customer service desk or you can spend it in store.

I think they take commission, might be 10% but not sure.

Yeah it's like 9.8cent per euro so pretty much 10%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Waterford Credit Union(Parnell st and Grange) take coin in exchange for notes.
    I dont know however if you need to be a member or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Use the coins at the self service and just fire them in, Tesco can't take their percentage then but the machine will count em ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement