Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a book..And some footage.

Options
  • 12-06-2013 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a book about the flooding of the Lee Valley...Does anyone know where I would get a copy to buy?

The flooding of the lee valley by Seamus O Donoghue

Also,a few years ago there was show on tv about the same subject..Would anyone have a copy of the video,or dvd,,etc?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

MrFrisp wrote: »
    I'm looking for a book about the flooding of the Lee Valley...Does anyone know where I would get a copy to buy?

The flooding of the lee valley by Seamus O Donoghue

Also,a few years ago there was show on tv about the same subject..Would anyone have a copy of the video,or dvd,,etc?

Thanks.

As its an irish book, my first port of call would be Liam Ruiseal Book Shop in Oliver Plunkett St near the post office

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm was that well what the Geragh is now? If so not too sure if it is the same book but the Post office in Ballincollig did have a book on this before. I remember i meant to go back in for it but never did so they might, and also try books unlimited they are quite good for oddball ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Thanks to you both... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Just in case a lend would do instead of buying it, I checked the library catalogue, there are three copies of that in the city library on grand parade at the moment.

Reference Department, Grand Parade Local Studies (Gp) Cat No. 914.195 ODO On Shelves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sunhill

Bookshop in Macroom, address Fitzgerald Square, will almost certainly have it and everything else published about the Lee Scheme as it was known.

Sunhill wrote: »
    Bookshop in Macroom, address Fitzgerald Square, will almost certainly have it and everything else published about the Lee Scheme as it was known.

Hi Sunhill,

Yes,I contacted them yesterday about it...I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Thank You.

pwurple wrote: »
    Just in case a lend would do instead of buying it, I checked the library catalogue, there are three copies of that in the city library on grand parade at the moment.

Reference Department, Grand Parade Local Studies (Gp) Cat No. 914.195 ODO On Shelves

Nice one....It would be a good "second best".

Would much prefer to own it though.

Thank You.

rcdk1 wrote: »

Hi rcdk1,

I came across that alright..It would be My best bet if I can't find the first one I'm looking for.

Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sunhill

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Hi Sunhill,

Yes,I contacted them yesterday about it...I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Wednesday is half-day closing in Macroom! The eighteenth century is still alive and well in places.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement