Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spectator mode?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Can some explain what this means... no idea.

Also here there is no Kill Cam, how does that interact with Spectator Mode?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I'm interested in this too.

When i used to run servers i would have been glad to have some sort of "live spec" feature to watch suspect players instead of relying on screenshots only.
    If anyone can use this during the round to help find players on a map i think that could give an advantage to guys on teamspeak/vent though? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

What I think it may be at least in other games it is mainly used for spectating e-sport matches and competitive games that get played in leagues and championships such as ESL. You can watch the matchs of two other big teams as they are getting played live.

Its not really for admins and such to keep an eye on suspect players and im sure there would be at least a 10+ second delay on things like this which would make any TS/Vent communication void.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Spectator mode is a floating camera, you can use it to cheat.

Every game that has it has been abused this way.

Kill cam is gay and best gotten rid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I like Kill Cam, cool building up rivals from the opposing team and it means tea bagging is now gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I really hope there is some type of time delay with it or they make it like battle-recorder from bf2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Isnt chat and speak disabled to people actively playing so spectators cant give players a heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Isnt chat and speak disabled to people actively playing so spectators cant give players a heads up

I actually think it could be a feature...maybe for competitive matches, whereby the commander can observe the whole battlefield and give information to the team. If both teams can do this, it could make for some strategic gameplay.

Advertisement