Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close up Filter +10

Options
  • 12-06-2013 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I recently bought a set of close up filters. +1, +2, +4 and +10. I cannot get my lens to focus with the +10 no matter what I try to focus on. I bought them as a cheaper alternative to a macro lens! I have a Nikon D60 with a 52mm diameter 18-55 lens. What am I doing wrong?? Any ideas please?? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

A closeup filter will effectively alter the close focus distance of the lens. Too powerful a value could well put the furthest working distance inside the front element, meaning that you won't be able to focus using it.

You can add them together, +2 and a +4 effectively makes a +6. Depending on the quality of the diopters however this could result in an unacceptable loss of quality in terms of aberrations and sharpness.

Advertisement