Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

breach of employment contract

• 12-06-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I've been in my job 3 years. Last year i signed a new contract which increased my salary and my notice period from 1 month to 3 month. It also said that from January 1st 2013 I would be given health insurance.

I handed in my notice this week stating I will be leaving in 4 weeks due to being offered a fantastic opportunity. They called me in for a meeting and said this was unacceptable due to the contract I had signed. I said that from my point of view the contract had been breeched by the company due to the fact that the Health insurance had never been received and was one of the main reasons why i had agreed to the contract. I know that it is now half way through the year after the Health insurance was promised and i have not done anything about it.

Am i correct in thinking the company have breeched the contract and the new contract I had signed is in some way void.

I'm really unsure of my rights or the company's rights and don't want to be getting any sort of Solicitor letters if I stick with finishing on the date I stated.

Any sort of advice on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Cant give legal advice but as a matter of theoretical law, if someone thinks a contract has been breached, and they keep going on the contract, they may well have affirmed it.

Two wrongs dont make a right I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

258035.jpg

There's a work and jobs forum where this is a weekly topic of discussion. I'd have a read there. Can't give legal advice here.

Advertisement