Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRUST YOUR CHEMIST AT YOUR PERIL

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I always assumed the 1 month thing was to do with the drug payment scheme only allowing you to charge one months supply at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

mountai wrote: »
    Having 3 months supply of medication in the home may be dangerous for children.

So is having a bottle of Bleach

This thread needs a 'WTF' button rather than a thanks button....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

sam34 wrote: »
    no you didn't say all doctors, nor did I say you did. calling someone who made a mistake "stupid" is disrespectful however, especially that in the circumstances we are discussing it is extremely unlikely the person is in fact stupid.
    a far more likely explanation is extreme tiredness due to shifts of 36 hrs or more, or overwork, or getting distracted by a cardiac arrest call etc etc etc.

Totally possible, and likely a lot of the time. I have a lot of respect for a lot of doctors most of the time and can see the pressure they're under. However, from phone calls that I have had to make it is sometimes down to doctors simply not checking their dosages and strengths, from either lack of knowledge or pure laziness. I have had doctors admit to me when they've made a mistake, "Oh, right, I wasn't sure of the dose." So why the hell would you write it on a prescription and send the patient off without checking?

People in every walk of life, even intelligent ones, make stupid mistakes, and there is not always a reasonable excuse. Doing something stupid does not mean that one is stupid. If we're going to get fussy, my original post should have said "tracking down the doctor who made the stupid mistake on the prescription...".

When I mentioned 'lack of respect' for pharmacists it was because the whole profession was being labelled a bunch of money-grabbing bag packers, essentially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭palmcut

Having 3 months supply of medication in the home may be dangerous for children.

So is having a bottle of Bleach

Correct. However the pharmacist has nothing to do with the amount of bleach you have in your home.
    The pharmacist may be called before fitness to practice if something happens to you and if it is discovered that the pharmacy supplied you with 3 month's of medication. The pharmacy may have it's licence cancelled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Soundman wrote: »
    AH?

My guess is "arse hole".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

My guess is "arse hole".

I was thinking the same. I just wanted him to be specific and if he was insulting me to be a man about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

The only reason I paid one charge was that I insisted on getting what was on the form and would not allow the Chemist to set me up for further charges. This is great watching so called "Professionals" trying to defend the sharp practices of their "Profession".

Drop the inverted commas around profession already. What noble career are you leading that allows you to mock people who are simply doing their job? I feel sorry for them having to put up with self-righteous, arrogant people like yourself.

You are just coming across as rude and obnoxious in this whole thread. All of your questions have been answered time and time again and yet you drivel on, spouting more nonsense. Give it up, you're not getting anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OK - enough of this arguing. Thread locked until a forum mod can review & take action

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement