Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3, week 9 Results

Options
  • 12-06-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Pats beat the CPU Steelers 38-3. Kettani the FB got a TD, Gronk got 3 TD's

Man of the Match was the Pats punter who was kind enough to kick the ball straight back to the Steelers after each TOD, Int or fumble recovery from halfway through the 3rd. All went inside the Pittsburgh 20 yard line.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The titans struggle against the phins and look to go into the half 7 down but an 80 yard TD to dhb and then a pick which is taken back to the 3 sees them go 7 up. Titans throw an int but get the ball back and another long bomb to dhb and after that things go off!

Dhb is finding huge separation, the titans give up huge pick 6 then an inside kick recovery then blow coverage on a deep middle pass to Winslow.

Titans d was mean, Wimbley gets 4 sack, Suh gets 2, 3 ints from palmer but the story of the day is DHB getting 9 catches for 402 yards and 4 TDs. Both johnsons with passing TDs. However it was another game in which the titans couldn't run the ball at all. No injuries for the Titans or dolphins

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Bengals 28 Colts 31

Colts headed into the bye week by going to Cincinnati and beat the Bengals in a game Andrew Luck dominated with a passer rating of 135.4, and in the battle of the TE's Coby Fleener came out on top with 238 yards recieving to Greshams 103, Bengals tried everything to get back in the game but crucial 3rd down receptions by Fleener in the 4th kept the Colts 3 point lead intact.

Colts.
    Luck 17/24, 368 yards, 3 TD's.
    Jackson 18 carries, 35 yards, 1 TD.
    Fleener 9 receptions, 238 yards, 1 TD.
    Jackson 3 receptions, 25 yards, 2 TD's.
    Edelman and Crabtree also contributed nicely.

Bengals.
    Dalton 14/26, 222, 1 TD.
    Humphrey 14 carries, 62 yards, 2TD's.
    Gresham 7 receptions, 103 yards, 1 TD.
    Haynes 3 receptions, 49 yards.

Thanks for the game Bengals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The titans struggle against the phins and look to go into the half 7 down but an 80 yard TD to dhb and then a pick which is taken back to the 3 sees them go 7 up. Titans throw an int but get the ball back and another long bomb to dhb and after that things go off!

Dhb is finding huge separation, the titans give up huge pick 6 then an inside kick recovery then blow coverage on a deep middle pass to Winslow.

Titans d was mean, Wimbley gets 4 sack, Suh gets 2, 3 ints from palmer but the story of the day is DHB getting 9 catches for 402 yards and 4 TDs. Both johnsons with passing TDs. However it was another game in which the titans couldn't run the ball at all. No injuries for the Titans or dolphins

I swear Heli, every week it gets harder and harder to tell who wins from your match reports. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sorry this was posted from my phone! I was cruising and then in the space if 3 mins the fins came right back into it. I think it was 42 30 or something

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Chargers @ Broncos

Well I just come off probably the toughest game I've ever played(apart from games where I've been hammered:pac:)
    Too much action happened to cram it all into a report,suffice to say with 1.47 left on the clock Broncos were up by 7,with around 40 seconds left on the clock it was 17-17.As the clock ran down the Broncos managed to make it to FG range and knock it over for a 20-17 win.

Ryan Matthews was an absolute beast for the Chargers despite my best attempth to injure him again.Chargers players must all have the heavy hitter traits and they looked like they were trying to kill whatever Bronco had the ball which led to 2 fumbles,both recovered by the Chargers.
    For Broncos Cruz and Tamme stood out coming up with big plays when needed.

GG Shane,I can't but feel if you had another star player to go with Matthews I would have struggled even more,plus your were unlucky on some plays,2 that spring to mind were the deep pass you threw to some WR who was open near the end zone but it was slightly 2 long and the intercept I had where it seemed the ball hit off my safeties helmet but my other safety managed to pick it from his boots.

Anyway Chargers are definately my dark horses in the AFC,watch out Jags and Jets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lions 38 Vikings 7.

Not much to say about this, took care of business against the CPU Vikings, Romo and Megatron had big games. My rookie running back got injured late on but I think he's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Niners 24 Cards 19
    Pressure. Buckled. Two words to describe this game for the Cards. 7 down a minute to go, fours chances from the two yrd line, three timeouts.
    Runs goes backwards, runs tackled, throw not caught, throw its in his hands..no hes hit and drops it. Gore hit for a safety. punt with three seconds hes tackled. Niners win yea.
    Great game had everything and was very tight throughout despite me trying to throw pointa away at the end of the second.
    Looking forward to saturdays game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

madalig12 wrote: »
    Niners 24 Cards 19
    Pressure. Buckled. Two words to describe this game for the Cards. 7 down a minute to go, fours chances from the two yrd line, three timeouts.
    Runs goes backwards, runs tackled, throw not caught, throw its in his hands..no hes hit and drops it. Gore hit for a safety. punt with three seconds hes tackled. Niners win yea.
    Great game had everything and was very tight throughout despite me trying to throw pointa away at the end of the second.
    Looking forward to saturdays game.

Great fun game in fairness! Should have went for the tie! Cards have offered ravens some help for Saturday!

Niners help the steelers by not recalling Kaepernick from loan:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Raiders lose again to the bucs 20-17! Offends just can't click @ vital moments and ended up defending long drives by the bucs! Just couldn't stop on 3rd down, don't know how many u had but man, it was frustrating!

Bucs were the deserving winners and wish u the best of luck!

• Advertisement

The buckled/pressure thing was a joke was on phone so couldnt use smiles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Buccs 20 raiders 17

Really tight game. Raiders win the toss and elect to receive. First drive ends wit an int. Buccs punt raiders int? Buccs score a td with Decker on the left. Raiders punt. Buccs throw int in raider territory. Tried to pass twice out right panicked and button bashed and he threw left. Raiders score td from ensuing drive. Buccs punt, raiders score another td. Again stupid cok up by me. Safety had it all day but I changed player for user pick fecked up and Hester took it in. Buccs fg after a successful 4th and inches in raider territory 10-14 ht

Second half was all about d. Two more picks for Talib and another for raiders. A few punts. Td for. Martin, I think, made it 17-14 in 4th. Raiders drive stopped outside red zone fg at 4th and 1 ties the game wit 4 min on clock. Buccs try to run into fg range but have to punt. Raiders attack and are picked off wit a deep throw to the the 20. 3 min on clock. Buccs run it into fg range and a to with 1 second left allows Trimble to slot home. The 37 yard fg attempt.

Really enjoyable game giffney good d on both sides of ball. Both of us were unlucky at times was glad when you didn't use McFadden though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Packers 42-17 Rams

A tough assignment for the Packers was turned into a good win. The Rams opened with an interception but apart from that looked consistent and dangerous on offence. Packers took a lead into half time and received in the second half, scoring on the possession which helped decide the game.

Advertisement